Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Movies that are heavily dependent on foreign markets/grosses will definitely be pushed back.

Fast and Furious 9 is definitely getting delayed. It's a matter of time now. Black Widow will definitely follow. Mulan is obvious. 

It’s not just an OS issue. OS may be better than DOM in a month. 

In all seriousness I think it's time for people including the president to see that this magically will not go away in April. This is not going away any time soon and the only way you can protect yourself is by washing your hands.

The impact this has made to our global economy has already been seen. Look at the stock market crashing and in a positive way look at the significant decrease in pollution in China. 

Until a cure is found, nothing is going to change. The movie theatre business is just one of the many businesses having to deal with the situation.

I do hope though that many countries lead by what China, Japan, and Korea are doing. They pay the people they quarantine a living wage.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Can always delay again as needed. First wave rescheduling will be to 2nd half of 2020

I think it's more likely that by late spring this peaks to the point where there's nowhere further to spread, death rates plateau and start declining, it becomes the new normal and things move on. I think too many people forget just how many people were infected and died of the swine flu and just how easily people got used to it (especially as that was affecting younger populations, whereas this isn't).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DlAMONDZ said:

WB should movie WW84 to Christmas. Nobody gives a damn about Dune

TBH, I hate the idea of this coming out a year later than originally scheduled, especially since the delay to June was specifically due to them wanting a better schedule, and Gal is like the only woman I have a crush on, and want to see her in the role sooner rather than later. But, on the other hand... why the hell not? Worked for Aquaman and this could SERIOUSLY rule the holiday season.

Move Dune forward. Late Oct!

4 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I think it's more likely that by late spring this peaks to the point where there's nowhere further to spread, death rates plateau and start declining, it becomes the new normal and things move on. I think too many people forget just how many people were infected and died of the swine flu and just how easily people got used to it (especially as that was affecting younger populations, whereas this isn't).

Yeah, I think the major studios will play it by ear and make decisions on certain films rather than hastily move everything. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

It’s not just an OS issue. OS may be better than DOM in a month. 

Not sure if it may be "better".

I live in Brazil and there are 2 confirmed cases of coronavirus. Yesterday, we got news that the genetic code for the virus is different if compared to the one from China. That implies the virus might be mutating, and that's not good.

4 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Not sure if it may be "better".

I live in Brazil and there are 2 confirmed cases of coronavirus. Yesterday, we got news that the genetic code for the virus is different if compared to the one from China. That implies the virus might be mutating, and that's not good.

That’s happening in DOM too, they’re just clueless. OS could be better by virtue of China being on the upswing and better mitigation measures in SK/Japan. 

Just now, Valonqar said:

hey, what if Dune clobbers funnybook in the greatest boxoffice twist of the new decade? :stirthepot:

Kids in the 2020's won't even know what "the force" is, they'll only know the spice...

1 hour ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Some people need to really wake up. The "nothing to see here" mentality will be your own demise. The impact to global cinema is going to keep snowballing from here.

And aside from the immediarte effects, if the virus manages to bring on a worldwide recession, the whole entertainment business will be impacted.

I think will be the single biggest single event since 9/11; it is going to a huge impact on everybody. And a lot of people who have lived in their own little reality trying to ignore everything that happens in the outside world because it's often pretty unpleasant are in for a very rude awakening.

Edited by dudalb

29 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Convenient timing

Even better: Craig is hosting SNL this weekend to promote the movie for its April release and still is since they just released this promo. No way he doesn't address this in the monologue lol.

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Even better: Craig is hosting SNL this weekend to promote the movie for its April release and still is since they just released this promo. No way he doesn't address this in the monologue lol.

Maybe they can book a second stint for November now lol

• Like 1