google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | Delayed again | RIP Sean Connery

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, MrPink said:

I still think the editing in these trailers are awkward. Stunts and setpieces look on point though

 

My thought exactly. Everything in there looks great but both trailers are terrible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s an actual megalomaniacal villain who wants to kill millions of people! With a lair! Sweet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2020 at 7:25 AM, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I still like they are trying to incorporate the characters introduced in Spectre rather than throwing them away or just ignoring it which they could have done. I'm just going to assume Ana de Armas is a minor character in this so I don't get disappointed if her screentime is limited. 

 

Gonna be doing a watch of all the James Bond films prior to the (hopeful) release in November.

 

She's tenth in the marketing credits billing, and that hasn't always necessarily matched the end credits billing or screen time.

 

Casino Royale (2006)
Movie Marketing Credits 1. Daniel Craig, 2. Eva Green, 3. Mads Mikkelsen, 4. Jeffrey Wright, 5. Judi Dench
Movie End Credits: 1. Daniel Craig, 2. Eva Green, 3. Mads Mikkelsen, 4. Judi Dench, 5. Jeffrey Wright, 6. Giancarlo Giannini, 7. Caterina Murino, 8. Simon Abkarian, 9. Isaach De Bankolé, 10. Jesper Christensen

 

Quantum of Solace (2008)
Movie Marketing Credits: 1. Daniel Craig, 2. Olga Kurylenko, 3. Mathieu Amalric, 4. Giancarlo Giannini, 5. Jeffrey Wright, 6. Judi Dench
Movie End Credits: 1. Daniel Craig, 2. Olga Kurylenko, 3. Mathieu Amalric, 4. Judi Dench, 5. Giancarlo Giannini, 6. Gemma Arterton, 7. Jeffrey Wright, 8. David Harbour, 9. Jesper Christensen, 10. Anatole Taubman

 

Skyfall (2012)
Movie Marketing Credits: 1. Daniel Craig, 2. Javier Bardem, 3. Ralph Fiennes, 4. Naomie Harris, 5. Bérénice Marlohe, 6. Albert Finney, 7. Judi Dench
Movie End Credits: 1. Daniel Craig, 2. Judi Dench, 3. Javier Bardem, 4. Ralph Fiennes, 5. Naomie Harris, 6. Bérénice Marlohe, 7. Albert Finney, 8. Ben Whishaw, 9. Rory Kinnear, 10. Ola Rapace

 

Spectre (2015)
Movie Marketing Credits: 1. Daniel Craig, 2. Christoph Waltz, 3. Léa Seydoux, 4. Ben Whishaw, 5. Naomie Harris, 6. Dave Bautista, 7. Monica Belluci, 8. Ralph Fiennes
Movie End Credits: 1. Daniel Craig, 2. Christoph Waltz, 3. Léa Seydoux, 4. Ralph Fiennes, 5. Monica Bellucci, 6. Ben Whishaw, 7. Naomie Harris, 8. Dave Bautista, 9. Andrew Scott, 10. Rory Kinnear

 

No Time To Die (2020)
Movie Marketing Credits: 1. Daniel Craig, 2. Rami Malek, 3. Léa Seydoux, 4. Lashana Lynch, 5. Ben Whishaw, 6. Naomie Harris, 7. Jeffrey Wright, 8. Christoph Waltz, 9. Ralph Fiennes, (10. Ana de Armas)

 

They've really marketed her a decent amount from beginning of filming for what Fukunaga called a cameo and she's in the phase one of the merch/toys.

 

August FUNKO preorder line

1011 James Bond (No Time To Die)
1012 Nomi (No Time To Die)
1013 Safin (No Time To Die)
1014 Paloma (No Time To Die)

 

So she's either worse than Captain Phasma or perhaps there's more yet to be seen they feel they can't show before the movie. Not like Fukunaga isn't known for some unexpected. I'm biased too but furthermore I wonder how many sidekicks James Bond really needs in one movie so I'm partial to something else; disappointed at the lack of female villains the Craig run has had.

  

On 9/3/2020 at 10:32 AM, lorddemaxus said:

Movie looks insanely fun but my biggest problem with this trailer is that it makes the movie feel long. I assume the movie itself is long too but this trailer (and the last one) just makes it feel like the movie has bits where it just meanders.

It's reportedly the longest Craig-era one, gonna be like a series/season finale as well as a standalone. The bloated character roster seen above is probably also is contributing to its length.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Slightly less shite than the previous posters, but not by much:

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

feel like timing this and still having NOVEMBER on there even on the US materials, right after the WW84 move and those Black Widow rumours, says a lot. everyone else (major studio-wise) has abandoned date-specific messaging. This has NOVEMBER not just on the US materials as is the (pre pandemic) norm but everywhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, antovolk said:

feel like timing this and still having NOVEMBER on there even on the US materials, right after the WW84 move and those Black Widow rumours, says a lot. everyone else (major studio-wise) has abandoned date-specific messaging. This has NOVEMBER not just on the US materials as is the (pre pandemic) norm but everywhere

yeah it's getting delayed to next year. IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone else getting Tenet discourse vibes

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8746063/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Tom-Cruise-pulls-Impossible.html

Quote

'Bond will release this November or we're as good as finished with distribution into cinemas for the forseeable future,' a rival studio executive said to me, in a Zoom call.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, antovolk said:

 

Question, do you think Bond would still release in November if its home market, its strongest market, is shut down?

 

BBC is reporting that they are expecting Govt to announce next week some lockdown measures. Cinemas have not been named but I think it's a very high chance that UK cinemas will be forced to shut down before Bond is scheduled to release.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Avatree said:

 

Question, do you think Bond would still release in November if its home market, its strongest market, is shut down?

 

BBC is reporting that they are expecting Govt to announce next week some lockdown measures. Cinemas have not been named but I think it's a very high chance that UK cinemas will be forced to shut down before Bond is scheduled to release.

Pfeffel can just pull for cinemas like he did pubs - IT'S OUR PATRIOTIC DUTY TO GO SUPPORT BOND! Free Union Jacks upon entrance. 

Wait... there's a black woman 00? SHUT 'EM DOWN! 

Edited by reddevil19
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Avatree if cinemas do shut down again here then all bets are off for sure. But until then....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, antovolk said:

@Avatree if cinemas do shut down again here then all bets are off for sure. But until then....

we will have to wait and see. 

 

not saying I'm sure that cinemas will defo close; but rather, when you look to this time last month, there was no concern about cinemas closing again - whereas now, the % chance of that happening is going up, not down ... :( 

 

 

Edited by Avatree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed.

Like with Tenet though at this point MGM/Universal won't be making the first move until governments do - unlike in April. Even if they internally decided to move the film there's the pressure now to keep appearances up. Much like when everyone delayed while Tenet stuck to July, similar situation now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Avatree said:

we will have to wait and see. 

 

not saying I'm sure that cinemas will defo close; but rather, when you look to this time last month, there was no concern about cinemas closing again - whereas now, the % chance of that happening is going up, not down ... :( 

 

 

I think MGM/Universal will be wary of the increase in infection numbers causing an already uneasy public to want to avoid public spaces even more than they currently are (today it was over 4000 for the first time since early May). If numbers don’t stop rising soon in the UK, I can definitely see them delaying Bond. There’s time to slow the spread between now and Bond’s release, but the government really needs to take action sooner rather than later. Closing pubs ASAP would be a start.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things are getting worse in Europe and Bond movies have always performed big in Europe.

 

So yeah, it's gonna be a hard decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

I think MGM/Universal will be wary of the increase in infection numbers causing an already uneasy public to want to avoid public spaces even more than they currently are (today it was over 4000 for the first time since early May). If numbers don’t stop rising soon in the UK, I can definitely see them delaying Bond. There’s time to slow the spread between now and Bond’s release, but the government really needs to take action sooner rather than later. Closing pubs ASAP would be a start.

It's not really about public perception - the success of TENET has demonstrated that people are happy to go to cinemas.

 

It's just down to whether cinemas will get closed, which no one can really know until the moment they're told to close, sadly. 

 

Also, off topic but I can't click Post until I tell you that you're wrong to suggest closing pubs. Pubs are an essential pillar of this country and the government has done enough damage to them already. 

IMO there is no need to do any lock down restrictions at all. Yes case numbers have spiked tenfold in the last couple weeks, but deaths are still extremely low, so nothing to worry about at the moment. But thats just my opinion.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Also, off topic but I can't click Post until I tell you that you're wrong to suggest closing pubs. Pubs are an essential pillar of this country and the government has done enough damage to them already. 

IMO there is no need to do any lock down restrictions at all. Yes case numbers have spiked tenfold in the last couple weeks, but deaths are still extremely low, so nothing to worry about at the moment. But thats just my opinion.....

Pubs “essential”? Let’s agree to disagree on that one!😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.