Jump to content
Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | Delayed again | RIP Sean Connery

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Things are getting worse in Europe and Bond movies have always performed big in Europe.

 

So yeah, it's gonna be a hard decision. 

Alternatively, things are getting worse in Europe and Bond movies have always performed big in a Europe.  
 

So yeah, it’s gonna be an easy decision.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boris Johnson has just announced that the UK is officially on course for a second wave. Get your 2021 calendars out, Universal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given they're closer to the Tenet-scale of spending and committing to the November date in marketing, I wonder if Tenet-esque incremental delays may be on the table. Not to mention PVOD. They literally had tons of materials printed and marketing spend committed specifically with the November messaging as opposed to WB-style 'only in theaters'

Edited by antovolk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Awful actor, No thanks

And the rest of the Internet is deluding themselves into thinking Tom Hardy's just won the job for some reason despite that story coming from The Daily Express and The Vulcan Reporter.

 

How about we don't discuss Craig's potential successors until this film is in cinemas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 35MM-18 said:

And the rest of the Internet is deluding themselves into thinking Tom Hardy's just won the job for some reason despite that story coming from The Daily Express and The Vulcan Reporter.

 

How about we don't discuss Craig's potential successors until this film is in cinemas?

It's ridiculous. Anyone can create a blog or a twitter account (including me), then say they are an insider and the internet will run with it.

 

Who knows when the next movie will come and the actual movie hasn't been released... but they thinking that the executives are thinking right now in a new actor. lol

Edited by Lighthouse
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lighthouse said:

It's ridiculous. Anyone can create a blog or a twitter account (including me), then say they are an insider and the internet will run with it.

 

Who knows when the next movie will come and the actual movie hasn't been released... but they thinking that the executives are thinking right now in a new actor. lol

I mean, I'm fairly confident they have been actively thinking of casting the next Bond knowing this will be Craig's last one. They probably even had a list of names to approach should the negotiations with Craig post-Spectre have gone south.

Edited by cookie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 35MM-18 said:

And the rest of the Internet is deluding themselves into thinking Tom Hardy's just won the job for some reason despite that story coming from The Daily Express and The Vulcan Reporter.

 

How about we don't discuss Craig's potential successors until this film is in cinemas?

Yeah, twitter should check the source first before losing their shit. Tabloid scoop? Hard pass. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Yeah, twitter should check the source first before losing their shit. Tabloid scoop? Hard pass. 

There's a sadistic side of me that's looking forward to the wave of mass disappointment from everyone currently losing their shit over the Tom Hardy rumours when/if (likely when) the new James Bond is revealed and it isn't Tom Hardy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Henry Golding would be a good Bond. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been pushing for Dan Stevens ever since The Guest. He just needs to put that muscle back on from then. I feel like he was the perfect age then as well, not sure how many films he can get in before he starts getting up there. They've pushed Craig pretty far though so could do the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 35MM-18 said:

There's a sadistic side of me that's looking forward to the wave of mass disappointment from everyone currently losing their shit over the Tom Hardy rumours when/if (likely when) the new James Bond is revealed and it isn't Tom Hardy.

I know right? Some things need to happen just for delicious meltdowns by people who set themselves for disappoint with unreasonable expectations. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The world really needs James Bond right now and he will deliver" - head of Uni's Danish distributor SF Studios

Yeah this is definitely Tenet 2.0. But can they keep on with November without not just the US, but potentially UK too?

https://www.kino.dk/nyheder/2020/09/verden-har-i-den-grad-brug-james-bond-lige-nu-og-han-skal-nok-levere

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 10:51 AM, Hatebox said:

Boris Johnson has just announced that the UK is officially on course for a second wave. Get your 2021 calendars out, Universal.

And if the UK is on track for a second wave, the US is headed for an even bigger second wave.

ANybody with a basic knowledge of science, could see this coming. Cold weather equals  cold season and more sneezing and coughting, and the covid will "Hitchhike" on more common ailmnets to spread. No Brainer,folks.

I think Universal has pretty much known that it's 2021 for No Time To Die for some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 6:43 AM, 35MM-18 said:

There's a sadistic side of me that's looking forward to the wave of mass disappointment from everyone currently losing their shit over the Tom Hardy rumours when/if (likely when) the new James Bond is revealed and it isn't Tom Hardy.

Just about the only time the heavily rumored and favored actor got the 007 role was Piers Brosnan.

Hardy it too big a name;I think that EON will stick with picking an actor who is experienced but not a big name  in movies.  Well known for TV work,yes (Moore and Brosnan) but not in movies.

I like Cavill, but can't see him being tough enough. Cavill can do the charm, yeah, but the whole underneath the charm Bond is a tough, ruthless bastard who will do whatever it takes to Get The Jon Done angle, I have problems seeing in Cavill. Anyway, if the rumors that apparently he is going to sign a long term contract with  Warners/DC to return as Superman  that pretty much rules him out for Bond. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dudalb said:

Just about the only time the heavily rumored and favored actor got the 007 role was Piers Brosnan.

Hardy it too big a name;I think that EON will stick with picking an actor who is experienced but not a big name  in movies.  Well known for TV work,yes (Moore and Brosnan) but not in movies.

I like Cavill, but can't see him being tough enough. Cavill can do the charm, yeah, but the whole underneath the charm Bond is a tough, ruthless bastard who will do whatever it takes to Get The Jon Done angle, I have problems seeing in Cavill. Anyway, if the rumors that apparently he is going to sign a long term contract with  Warners/DC to return as Superman  that pretty much rules him out for Bond. 

Cavill can definitely do the brutal ruthless bastard type character given the right material. His character in Mission Impossible Fallout could easily smash Casino Royale era Daniel Craig through a wall without breaking a sweat. That said, I don’t see him getting chosen for Bond. I think they’ll go with someone less well known.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Cavill can definitely do the brutal ruthless bastard type character given the right material. His character in Mission Impossible Fallout could easily smash Casino Royale era Daniel Craig through a wall without breaking a sweat. That said, I don’t see him getting chosen for Bond. I think they’ll go with someone less well known.

Yes, but the trick is to be able to go between the charming Bond and the ruthless SOB Bond witout losing audiences.

Anyway I think Cavill is out of the running for a number of other reasons;He is too big a name and he seems on the verge of locking up Superman for the foreseeable future. 

BTW I am predicting that the next James Bond will be an actor nobody here is thinking of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Ben Affleck? Tom Holland? Kidding. 
 

I really miss the early Sean Connery Bond. I would have been ok with Fassbender or Stringer Bell 10 years ago but please, not Cavill. Even 2021 will be rocky for the boxoffice. Could be one of the lower grossing Bond films when it ultimately releases. 
 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

—————————-

Vote Trump 2020 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.