Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

I'd have thought maybe the UK gov would be vaccinating fast enough to be able to begin easing things back by April but the talk this weekend of this lockdown continuing to the May bank holiday has shot all that and even chances of a Tenet like staggered delay to hell. It's definitely moving significantly...

Edited by antovolk

37 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Move it to September. After that, things will become bad again like last year. I don't trust the vaccines rollout will be handled well enough

Even with a slow rollout to start, if a billion people worldwide aren’t fully vaccinated by September then there are bigger issues afoot. The US needled over 1 million doses yesterday alone. It’s starting to get along pretty well. 

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Even with a slow rollout to start, if a billion people worldwide aren’t fully vaccinated by September then there are bigger issues afoot. The US needled over 1 million doses yesterday alone. It’s starting to get along pretty well. 

Where did you get your data from? I see only about 300k doses have been administrated yesterday. There were about 9M the day before and now it's 9.3M

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

4 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Where did you get your data from? I see only about 300k doses have been administrated yesterday. There were about 9M the day before and now it's 9.3M

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

‘US Daily Covid Vaccinations Rise by Record 1.25 Million’ 

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/

• Like 1

I’m also using the Bloomberg tracker since the CDC tracker can sometimes be several days behind in specific states and Bloomberg is more aggressive about contacting those states actively for the latest data.   

However, the 1.25M is largely an artifact of reporting catchup from the weekend. We’re getting to a 1M daily avg, but it may take another week or two.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

However, the 1.25M is largely an artifact of reporting catchup from the weekend. We’re getting to a 1M daily avg, but it may take another week or two.

Ahh ok. I remember Fauci said either late 2 weeks ago or early last week that they were already doing about 500k a day. Either way, by the end of February we should be needling out 2 million doses daily. Extrapolate a continued ramp up through June and at least 150 million people should be fully vaccinated by Independence Day (US). Probably half of that 150 million coming in May and June. So will Black Widow release at the beginning of May with approximately 75 million people fully vaccinated? Time will tell.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 8:37 PM, Maggie said:

If this is true the next half decade of the entertainment industry is going to be fun.  Something like Tomorrow War sells for 200 million but a movie that has well over 3x the box office potential (conservatively 4-6x range) and one of the best known IP can't sell for 300 million then the market is just bonked and every formula or previous decision is now basically useless. 

We are going to end up with endless Brights and other here today gone tomorrow Netflix movies.  Or what ever sci fi flick Bezo has a hinkering to watch

• Like 1