Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

31 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Disney is apparently finally opening the infamous for the endless delays "New Mutants" the week before "No Time To Die" opens;IMHO just another sign Disney is dumping NM. BOnd is going to slaughter it at the box office,and Disney damn well knows that.

At least they bothered with a theatrical release?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

At least they bothered with a theatrical release?

They probably had contractual obligations to do a theatrical release for NM. I suspect they explored the possibilities of buying out the contracts, and decided it would cost more in legal costs and fees then just releasing the film with a minimal release budget.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 9:52 PM, The Futurist said:

Funny how Bond movies are now seen as all serious & gritty & director centric.

it s really hilarious.

I'm pretty sure it's still product-placement centric though, seeing as that'll probably pay off a decent chunk of the budget before it's even released.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eric Laurence said:

Interesting development.

Not entirely relevant to my No Time to Die experience though, seeing as I live in Ireland and it comes out there on the 2nd/3rd. 

Really, the important thing is that it still looks to be the only major film coming out on the weekend of April 10th-12th.

21 hours ago, JB33 said:

So The Numbers and BOM both have No Time to Die scheduled for April 10, 2020. Yet I still can't find any news stories or other sources for this development. Anyone else?

Aside from the Fandango thing, it was on all the official MGM/UA press releases when the trailer dropped. UK now set for April 2 as well.

5 hours ago, antovolk said:

Aside from the Fandango thing, it was on all the official MGM/UA press releases when the trailer dropped. UK now set for April 2 as well.

Hmm, I wonder if the date was simply wrongly reported in the first place. That would make the most sense.

5 hours ago, JB33 said:

Hmm, I wonder if the date was simply wrongly reported in the first place. That would make the most sense.

It was initially announced by MGM/EON for the 8th, then I think in October it officially moved to the 10th. Just that MGM for whatever reason didn't bother to ask BOM etc to update

@antovolk have you heard about who is composing the score for this? I’ve seen things on Twitter about Hans Zimmer or his company being associated with it but nothing official. Would be great if they can get him on board or at least if we got something official about WHO is doing the score. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burgess said:

Is this a serious comment?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure it's sarcastic, because I think everyone has written off New Mutants as a box-office bomb in the making by now.

Being sandwiched between Mulan and No Time to Die isn't going to help its box-office prospects either.

Just caught Skyfall while channel-hopping. A few problematic™ moments notwithstanding it's still a great film. Scenes are allowed to breath and the story is simple enough that you always know why people are where they are and doing what they're doing. It's crazy that's no longer a given for Bond.

7 hours ago, Nova said:

@antovolk have you heard about who is composing the score for this? I’ve seen things on Twitter about Hans Zimmer or his company being associated with it but nothing official. Would be great if they can get him on board or at least if we got something official about WHO is doing the score. 

Only that Dan Romer is indeed out. Last name mentioned was Benjamin Wallfisch but nothing solid, though the guys who broke the Romer news have heard it is indeed not Zimmer but one of his Remote Control Productions people.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, antovolk said:

Only that Dan Romer is indeed out. Last name mentioned was Benjamin Wallfisch but nothing solid, though the guys who broke the Romer news have heard it is indeed not Zimmer but one of his Remote Control Productions people.

I've had Wallfisch down as a possible composer for Bond since 2018. 

He's a good composer-I imagine he'll do a good job.