Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

...that trailer showed in cinemas globally attached to THE WALK so...yes it absolutely counts.

I'll be shocked if there isn't a second theatrical trailer on the way, no matter how long.

Expect some heavy and varied tv promotion throughout March Madness in the US. We could get a slew of TV spots instead of a final theatrical trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, freedom warrior benedict said:

hey!  doing a check up here.  what was The Walk supposed to be about?  

I haven't seen it, but I have watched the trailer and seen a picture of the poster, so from that I feel safe in saying it was about that French guy who tightrope-walked across the Twin Towers in the 1970s.

3 hours ago, Burgess said:

New Poster

https://www.007.com/new-no-time-to-die-poster/

45b87f2fd6e6996408d5f838d94d4b01.jpg

Reasons that is a bad poster:

The underlying image is simultaneously blurry and grainy.

The title's placement is very random. Not centered, not in a corner, it feels like the designer had no idea where to put it. It doesn't even align with Bond's placement in the frame. If the logo were a smidge lower and to the left, so it's basically equidistant from Bond's head and the bottom left corner, it would look better.

There's a whole inch of unused dead space on the bottom, below the car window. That's where "April" and the associated line of logos should have gone. Instead, it's placed where glass-meets-metal. There's just two much happening in that part of the poster. Those lines are also too close to the film logo. That entire area of the poster feels cramped, which is ridiculous given the inch of dead space the designer left.

The three gunshots are a bit much. The one by Bonds head, with cracked glass throughout would have sufficed. Right now, the gunshots, blurry Bond, and the cramped title/April formatting are all competing for my eyes. This doesn't feel well thought out, just thrown together.

I hope this isn't the final poster...

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Burgess said:

Which isn’t a bad thing to me. QOS will be the OHMSS of the modern era: reassessed as an under appreciated classic.

You and I have just come to a parting of the ways where QOS is concerned.

3 hours ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

The title's placement is very random. Not centered, not in a corner, it feels like the designer had no idea where to put it. It doesn't even align with Bond's placement in the frame. If the logo were a smidge lower and to the left, so it's basically equidistant from Bond's head and the bottom left corner, it would look better.

There's a whole inch of unused dead space on the bottom, below the car window. That's where "April" and the associated line of logos should have gone. Instead, it's placed where glass-meets-metal. There's just two much happening in that part of the poster. Those lines are also too close to the film logo. That entire area of the poster feels cramped, which is ridiculous given the inch of dead space the designer left.

The three gunshots are a bit much. The one by Bonds head, with cracked glass throughout would have sufficed. Right now, the gunshots, blurry Bond, and the cramped title/April formatting are all competing for my eyes. This doesn't feel well thought out, just thrown together.

Yeah, it's not a great poster.

Not that it will impact the film's box office one way or the other.....

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 12:29 PM, OncomingStorm93 said:

I don't think it is. Unless it's a small movie, or a dumped/delayed movie, final posters usually have the exact release date on them. That one just says April (early posters tend to have a vague date because the actual release date is still subject to change).

20 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Billie Elish made a pretty damn song. Love it!

I'm deliberately ignoring it until the film comes out, but hearing the positive responses from people gives me confidence I won't be disappointed.

Of course, all I want is for the song to be better than the monstrosity by Madonna.

• ...wtf 1

First official acknowledgement from a Universal affiliate - NTTD is getting 3D in selected territories. Look at the bottom of the Ukraine poster launched today

So countries so far confirmed for 3D: Netherlands, Bulgaria (their version of the Super Bowl ad had 3D) and now Ukraine. Yup, first Bond ever to be in 3D.

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Burgess said:

Oh, that's a relief. For a moment I thought this Bond film was just trying to be ordinary.

EDIT: Seriously though, that's a good featurette. I'm really pumped for this one. Looks like a blast that's not going to take itself too seriously (which worked for Skyfall but really hurt SPECTRE). Has "crowd pleaser" written all over it.

I am bracing myself to be disappointed with the amount of Rami Malek though. In all the marketing, it seems he's contained to one overall location, which I have to assume is the film's conclusion.

Edited by OncomingStorm93

1 hour ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Oh, that's a relief. For a moment I thought this Bond film was just trying to be ordinary.

EDIT: Seriously though, that's a good featurette. I'm really pumped for this one. Looks like a blast that's not going to take itself too seriously (which worked for Skyfall but really hurt SPECTRE). Has "crowd pleaser" written all over it.

I am bracing myself to be disappointed with the amount of Rami Malek though. In all the marketing, it seems he's contained to one overall location, which I have to assume is the film's conclusion.

me but replace rami malek with ana de armas 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1