Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

25 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Gotta feel sorry for this film. After all the pre-production shit and delays it went through it finally releases in a major pandemic. 

I am afraid this is will be the fate of any film until ... tic toc tic toc

Doomsday Clock Activated.

Edited by The Futurist

34 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Stupid to release this now when Europe is in a bad shape. Mark@InsideKino said France PS is postponed which means movie wont release as planned. Europe is critical for this movie. They should move it to summer. It can handle any competition. 

I mean, they could put it in the same spot they put Hobbs and Shaw in last year. First week of August works very well for these kinds of movies and it could even have a leggier run like Hobbs and Shaw did.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I mean, they could put it in the same spot they put Hobbs and Shaw in last year. First week of August works very well for these kinds of movies and it could even have leggier run like Hobbs and Shaw did.

If NTTD has to be moved, I would think the most logical spot is October/November, the traditional Bond window.

1 minute ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

If NTTD has to be moved, I would think the most logical spot is October/November, the traditional Bond window.

I think early October would be the best move for the movie. Venom 2 is releasing on the first weekend of October but that's gonna be an Asia player either way where Bond isn't that big (and Europe will be left free) and it will probably also do sub-200 mil DOM so again, not huge competition for Bond. November means it's competing against a potential 300 mil DOM, 1 bil WW grosser (The Eternals) which isn't ideal.

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I think early October would be the best move for the movie. Venom 2 is releasing on the first weekend of October but that's gonna be an Asia player either way where Bond isn't that big (and Europe will be left free) and it will probably also do sub-200 mil DOM so again, not huge competition for Bond. November means it's competing against a potential 300 mil DOM, 1 bil WW grosser (The Eternals) which isn't ideal.

It will be interesting to see the domino effect of film delays. Spring/early Summer releases will need to be pushed back, and Fall releases will need to make space, otherwise the market will cannibalize itself. I foresee some releases will be delayed upwards of 9 months to fill the gaps that will be left by blockbusters unable to film as planned due to the outbreak.

BW -> Aug 7

Eternals -> Dec 18  

GvK -> Nov 7

NTTD-> Nov 20

F9 -> Sep 4

WW84 -> Oct 16   

Rough sketch. If first half movies need to get shuffled back a bit the good news is that 2020 Aug/Sep/Oct/Dec are a bit soft in terms of big movies anyway at the moment.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

BW -> Aug 7

Eternals -> Dec 18  

GvK -> Nov 7

NTTD-> Nov 20

F9 -> Sep 4

WW84 -> Oct 16   

Rough sketch. If first half movies need to get shuffled back a bit the good news is that 2020 Aug/Sep/Oct/Dec are a bit soft in terms of big movies anyway at the moment.

Why would Eternals move lol

BW -> Aug 7
Eternals -> Dec 18  
GvK -> Nov 7
NTTD-> Nov 20
F9 -> Sep 4
WW84 -> Oct 16   

This schedule assumes that the outbreak of COVID-19 is under control in fall/winter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.nationalgeographic.com/distribution/public/amp/science/2020/02/what-happens-to-coronavirus-covid-19-in-warmer-spring-temperatures

They may be better off just pushing through to the current release date. No one knows so you’re asking them to make a decision on unknown scenarios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

🎄💵

and I was trying to create more space between it, Venom, and WW84

For less disruption just put NTTD Nov 20 and GvK in Dec

Push GvK to 2021. Or HBO Max, lol

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1