Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

If Nolan is directing, you can bet Warner Bros has OS rights to Bond. Wonder if Bond might be pushed back a year or even to Summer 2020

It'll probably get delayed so Nolan can start working on the script. If he makes a Bond film then he'll more then likely want and deserve 100% creative control over it. 

1 hour ago, NamakFiskKa said:

Somehow related to WW 2 pre-poneing ?

How to tell someone is a born and brought up Indian - the word prepone is a part of their vocabulary :P

Very convenient word, Wonder why the rest of the world hasn't caught on to using it

7 hours ago, Fancyarcher said:

It'll probably get delayed so Nolan can start working on the script. If he makes a Bond film then he'll more then likely want and deserve 100% creative control over it. 

I wouldn't be surprised if gets a summer 2020 slot, perhaps the July 24th 2020 slot which WB was reserving for a DC film.

Just now, Jonwo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if gets a summer 2020 slot, perhaps the July 24th 2020 slot which WB was reserving for a DC film.

It's been a long while since we've had a Bond film released in the summer (Licence to Kill in 89 was the last), so if Nolan does the next Bond film, I can definitely see WB releasing it in the summer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

It's been a long while since we've had a Bond film released in the summer (Licence to Kill in 89 was the last), so if Nolan does the next Bond film, I can definitely see WB releasing it in the summer. 

That is assuming WB gets OS rights but I wouldn't be surprised if they know Nolan wants to direct Bond then they'll pay silly money for the OS rights.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

That is assuming WB gets OS rights but I wouldn't be surprised if they know Nolan wants to direct Bond then they'll pay silly money for the OS rights.

If Nolan directs Bond, then I'm sure they'll pay to get the overseas right, especially since it has the potential to do almost as well as Skyfall. 

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

If Nolan directs Bond, then I'm sure they'll pay to get the overseas right, especially since it has the potential to do almost as well as Skyfall. 

They got involved with Interstellar which was solely a Paramount film when it was being developed due to Nolan's WB relationship so the same could happen here. They let him make Dunkirk which was a risk but it paid off!

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

They got involved with Interstellar which was solely a Paramount film when it was being developed due to Nolan's WB relationship so the same could happen here. They let him make Dunkirk which was a risk but it paid off!

After Dunkirk, I'm pretty positive that WB will absolutely let Nolan do whatever he wants.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 8:03 AM, Fancyarcher said:

Which EON films will never give to any director.

Which is why I am very skeptical about this rumor.

And "Solid Sources" cited by a fan site are not creditable evidence.

And Warners has, so far as we know,NO rights or official connection to the Bond Franchise.

EON's only asset is 007. The will give control of Bond to nobody.

Edited by dudalb

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Which EON films will never give to any director.

Which is why I am very skeptical about this rumor.

And "Solid Sources" cited by a fan site are not creditable evidence.

And Warners has, so far as we know,NO rights or official connection to the Bond Franchise.

EON's only asset is 007. The will give control of Bond to nobody.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Warners has no say about Nolan directing a Bond Movie. That is Eon's call.

Um yeah I know that. We're just discussing the possibility of Nolan directing a Bond film. I doubt he'll actually direct one anytime soon.