Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | 82% on RT | RIP Sean Connery

23 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

I highly doubt that this is getting pushed in most major markets, not with tickets already on sale. Places where there’s been a bigger outbreak (China, Italy, Korea), sure, but I doubt the date will be moving in the UK/US.

Well...this aged well.

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

not what WB wanted. it's their awards player, hence the release date. 

I have no doubt now that Disney's The Last Duel will be full 2021 release instead of limited in 2020 and wide in 2021.

The Last Duel is one of Disney's big awards players, they aren't moving it. I doubt The Eternals is moving tbh. 

• Like 1

I think this will set off the domino effect.

F9 to follow.

Curious if WB blinks with WW84. If they leave it too late, they might find it difficult to get a decent release date due to other movies moving. On the other hand, if they stick to June and things settle by then, they might be the first huge movie to hit after a big drought in cinemas... 

Edited by reddevil19
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I do think people are slightly overreacting. No Time to Die moving does not mean every film will be delayed. 

Maybe not a guarantee that other big releases will move, but it could be the start of something.

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

The Last Duel is one of Disney's big awards players, they aren't moving it. I doubt The Eternals is moving tbh. 

very posisble that you are right. No Time to Die moved cause release date is too close to corona virus outbreak. That doesn't mean other movies are in jeopardy or that Bond move will create a domino effect where other movies around its new slot start to move prompting more delays. We'll see. this is just a speculation. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I do think people are slightly overreacting. No Time to Die moving does not mean every film will be delayed. 

Some people need to really wake up. The "nothing to see here" mentality will be your own demise. The impact to global cinema is going to keep snowballing from here.

• Like 1

Just now, reddevil19 said:

I think this will set off the domino effect.

F9 to follow.

Curious if WB blinks with WW84. If they leave it too late, they might find it difficult to get a decent release date due to other movies moving. On the other hand, they might be the first huge movie to hit after a big drought in cinemas... 

I think WB will stay put with WW1984 because I can't see them delaying their other big tentpole Tenet to a less desirable slot. 

I think the films most at risk of a delay right now are those that are releasing in the immediate space NTD left behind (Mulan, Trolls, Black Widow etc.). I don't think we're going to see the whole summer get deserted just yet.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Studios aren't so reactionary. They are gonna wait for a bit longer before they start moving films because its a huge decision.

*reactive

(Sorry, but 'reactionary' being used incorrectly is my internet pet-hate.)

58 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

They are being very optimistic that the virus isn't going to be massively more widely spread by November.  Isn't that when the new flu season starts?

Can always delay again as needed. First wave rescheduling will be to 2nd half of 2020

• ...wtf 1