google-site-verification=EzRt-ZmNlc4J5RNLXiuJpAEGjNviG678nNB1w49cgZg Jump to content
Neo

No Time To Die | October 8 2021 | Delayed again | RIP Sean Connery

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Eric Atreides said:

 

Funny, I was just thinking to myself yesterday that this should move to November 20. Good move, I think.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extract from Hans Zimmer's Variety interview where he discusses the No Time to Die score:

Quote

Well, it was surprising, and let me explain why. I’ve known [producer] Barbara Broccoli for a long time, and we’re friends. I never thought we would work together on something like that, so it was surprising just to get the call. And I asked her if it was okay that Steve Mazzaro, who is one of the most fabulous composers I know, could do it with me, because there was very little time. And of course she said yes. Steve should really be the top name on the Bond film. I hope we’ve done it justice.

At least he's upfront about other people writing the score with/for him.

 

Continued:

Quote

Here’s the thing. I didn’t know if I wanted to do it. So I phoned [guitarist] Johnny Marr, and I said, “I have two questions to ask you. First question is, what’s the only guitar part worth playing in a movie?” And he said, “the Bond part” [the James Bond Theme]. And I said, “yeah right. Second question: Do you think I should do the movie and would you play the guitar part?” So that sort of settled that. Johnny was right. He wanted to bring guitar back into the score. We were just embracing our inner John Barry [the English composer who established the Bond music traditions back in the 1960s].

When one has Johnny Marr involved, one must use him as much as possible.

 

See here for the full article:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And there will be more time expanse records broken soon...

 

The way things are going, this is moving to 2021, along with every other blockbuster.

 

The only question is...which date roulette will be next? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Macleod said:

And there will be more time expanse records broken soon...

 

The way things are going, this is moving to 2021, along with every other blockbuster.

 

The only question is...which date roulette will be next? 

Only the Covid virus knows....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MI6 reporting a Summer 2021 move is under consideration, and no PVOD on the table 

 

Edited by antovolk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, antovolk said:

MI6 reporting a Summer 2021 move is under consideration, and no PVOD on the table 

 

Why a PVOD release for a $250 million film would ever be on the table in the first place is beyond me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bond tends to draw an older than usual audience for an action franchise and those crowds won't be going near a multiplex the rest of the year so summer sounds like a good bet. Maybe 4th of July weekend where it can easily coexist with Minions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 35MM-18 said:

Why a PVOD release for a $250 million film would ever be on the table in the first place is beyond me.

Not globally yes, but in US while everyone else gets theatrical...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Bond tends to draw an older than usual audience for an action franchise and those crowds won't be going near a multiplex the rest of the year so summer sounds like a good bet. Maybe 4th of July weekend where it can easily coexist with Minions.

I think since Universal distributes it OS they can slot it on June 11th if (or when) Jurassic World 3 gets delayed.

Edited by cookie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Maybe 4th of July weekend where it can easily coexist with Minions.

Good counterprogramming idea. Hopefully releasing a film starring the British action hero on that particular weekend doesn't backfire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised Tenet hasn't announced a delay. I bring it up since Bond is looking to delay I wonder if Tenet moves to 2021 and everything else follows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

I'm surprised Tenet hasn't announced a delay. I bring it up since Bond is looking to delay I wonder if Tenet moves to 2021 and everything else follows.

Or Tenet takes Bond's old November slot if that moves first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eric Sparrow said:

 

I'm willing to bet that BOND is one of the last that would succumb to PVOD.  Broccoli/Wilson will hold this thing until 2025, if need be... it took them long enough to make it, what's a few more years? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's probably not a good idea to jump into this release model straight away with this film. We've no idea right now if Mulan could end up becoming successful this way, so it's best to wait and see what happens.

 

In addition, if it does fail, Disney has the resources to shake it off easily. If a Mulan-type release fails for this film, MGM wouldn't recover nearly half as easily (heck, it might not recover at all if No Time to Die ends up losing money).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 6:46 PM, Macleod said:

I'm willing to bet that BOND is one of the last that would succumb to PVOD.  Broccoli/Wilson will hold this thing until 2025, if need be... it took them long enough to make it, what's a few more years? 

Doesn't the studio need the movie's profit to pay back the mortgage? Each day is burning money with that huge cost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2020 at 6:47 PM, xiazhi said:

Doesn't the studio need the movie's profit to pay back the mortgage? Each day is burning money with that huge cost.

Sure.  Thus the precarious conundrum.  But I'll still bet that BOND will go to 2021 before they relent to streaming. 

 

But you know...2020 continues to be unprecedented!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.