The Stingray

The Top 25 'Best Picture' Winners of All Time (COUNTDOWN THREAD).

The Forrest Gump ranking surprised me the most, I was think it wouldn't even make the list going by some of the talk in the rating thread.

As it shouldn't. (And i can't believe Deer Hunter and All Quiet came so close :( Though I think with 25 points, I was the only one who voted for it. True Masterpieces forgotten.)

Titanic is the best film of 1997 and it's not even close.  LA Confidential is a good little crime story and nothing more.  Never has there been a more ambitious film and never has there been a better produced and directed film filled with more emotion than most best picture winners combined.

As for Gump, it too is a worthy winner, but no more or less worthy than Shawshank and Pulp.  1993 was an anomaly where there truly were 3 outstanding films that could have won.

Great job Stingray.

Now, onto the top 100 movie lines of all time....(blatant tease)...I need riczhang, tele and stingray and the rest of the panel to get on this....time is ticking.  :)

Now, onto the top 100 movie lines of all time....(blatant tease)...I need riczhang, tele and stingray and the rest of the panel to get on this....time is ticking.   :)

I'll rank them next week or the week after, but I'll have them done by the deadline. 

• Like 1