CJohn

Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature | August 11 2017 | Trailer on page 3 | Previews start at 5pm on August 10

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

So apparently this was just announced to theaters, The Nut Job 2 will start previews at ..... 3pm on Thursday. That is a ridiculous time to classify as "previews" anymore. Its basically just a Thursday opening effectively.

So.. which is going to be the worst antimated movie of the summer (as well as most likely year) this or Emoji movie ? I just seen a tv spot for this with Maya Rudolph's character mentioning this is how you know you've hit rock bottom. Given she's in both pretty sure she's talking about her career. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

So.. which is going to be the worst antimated movie of the summer (as well as most likely year) this or Emoji movie ? I just seen a tv spot for this with Maya Rudolph's character mentioning this is how you know you've hit rock bottom. Given she's in both pretty sure she's talking about her career. 

Nut Job 2 may be actually worse, but it won't be remembered that way. This will be almost entirely forgotten 2 weeks after it's released, and then fall into obscurity. The Emoji Movie will be the butt of "bad Hollywood ideas" jokes for years to come. 

Edited by Blipsy

I have to think they are giving theaters the option to just show this at 3 and 5pm and then move on...last weekend, Emoji only got a 5 and 6pm showing at one local, who went back to the adult oriented movies for the rest of the night...

If I'm a theater and I was stuck with this movie b/c I had an idiot booker, that's what I'd do...

23 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

I have to think they are giving theaters the option to just show this at 3 and 5pm and then move on...last weekend, Emoji only got a 5 and 6pm showing at one local, who went back to the adult oriented movies for the rest of the night...

If I'm a theater and I was stuck with this movie b/c I had an idiot booker, that's what I'd do...

When you put it that way, it actually sounds reasonable.

• Like 1