Fake

The International Box Office Discussion Thread

2013 Highest Gross by Country - over US60M club (courtesy of Mojo's dubious int. numbers)Movie Country GrossJourney to the West* China $196,740,000Iron Man 3 China $121,200,000Kaze tachinu (The Wind Rises)* Japan $119,513,192So Young* China $114,710,000Pacific Rim China $111,940,000Young Detective Dee* China $96,400,000Monsters University Japan $90,141,508American Dreams in China* China $86,450,000Finding Mr. Right* China $82,680,000Miracle In Cell No. 7* South Korea $81,876,222Tiny Times* China $77,600,000Despicable Me 2 UK $72,033,391Fast & Furious 6 China $66,490,000Iron Man 3 South Korea $64,211,513Man of Steel China $63,440,000The Croods China $63,310,000

Les Miserables UK $62,201,22Gwansang (The Face Reader)* South Korea $61,043,308

Sole A Catinelle has now made more than 60M in Italy.

Coming week

BN: UK

47R: JPN

NEB :UK

ZULU: FRA

CP: RUS,BEL,MAL

Carrie: 8 mkts incly FRA GEr SPA BRa AUT GRe SWI

CWCOM2:AUs NZ

DM: ( mkts GER AUS MEx AUT BAL POR SWI PHI

Dianna: RUS

EG: 6 mkts AUs GIN SA NZ PHI

ES : ^ mkts

EP: KOR SPA SWE

FB: 5 mkts

FRZ: 7 mkts UK FRA BEL THA

HF: 7 mkts UK AUS BRA POR SA SIN

ILD 4 Mkts

LV 2 mkts BRA

OB: UK GER ITA DEN POR POL

and many many more :)

Insidekino.de posted a really nifty all-over chart showing the pre-Hobbit 2013 charts for 40 different countries or regions side-by-side. Since the countries are sorted by region, it's cool to observe how different movies did in different regions. So, Smurfs2 was obviously strong in Slavic countries, the BlackSea countries like fast cars, Django did best in german-speaking countries, DM2 did good nearly everywhere ... and it's also a perfect chart for picking out countries with stron home markets (Denmark for example, or India and China ...)

• Like 2

Insidekino.de posted a really nifty all-over chart showing the pre-Hobbit 2013 charts for 40 different countries or regions side-by-side. Since the countries are sorted by region, it's cool to observe how different movies did in different regions. So, Smurfs2 was obviously strong in Slavic countries, the BlackSea countries like fast cars, Django did best in german-speaking countries, DM2 did good nearly everywhere ... and it's also a perfect chart for picking out countries with stron home markets (Denmark for example, or India and China ...)

Wow, sehr kühl.

Who knew that Turkey had such popular local cinema? Not me, anyway... :D

Greece's attendance is dire.... I thought Portugal looked bad until you see Greece numbers. 11m population and only 250k admissions for the top film.. That's about 2.5% - average in Europe for the top film is around 6-7% of population (Denmark has jaw-dropping 12.5% for Erbarmen).

Hey, I'm new to this forum, so I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this - I apologize if it isn't:

Is there an easy way to check how much is grossed yearly at the worldwide box office combined for all movies?

I can find for domestic, but I can't find for worldwide - it only tells me what movie was the top grossing movie of that year, it doesn't tell me the combined gross of all movies released worldwide in that year.

Also, another question: I've suddenly started receiving a lot of spam after having joined this site - how do I stop this? :P

Hey, I'm new to this forum, so I don't know if this is the appropriate place to ask this - I apologize if it isn't:

Is there an easy way to check how much is grossed yearly at the worldwide box office combined for all movies?

I can find for domestic, but I can't find for worldwide - it only tells me what movie was the top grossing movie of that year, it doesn't tell me the combined gross of all movies released worldwide in that year.

Also, another question: I've suddenly started receiving a lot of spam after having joined this site - how do I stop this? :P

The WW numbers for all the films released by the big US studios should be available, but I don't think you can find the numbers that include all the foreign films.

As for the second question you could ask in the help forum but email settings should be somewhere in the profile page.

Fox Int’l soars past $2.3bn  

By Jeremy Kay

Top executives at the distributor said combined grosses for 2013 were projected to reach $2.33bn by the end of the year.

While 14% down on the 2012 result, the $2bn-plus tally marks the seventh time Fox International has crossed the threshold.

The Croods (pictured) led the charge on $333m, followed by The Wolverine on $284.5m, Life Of Pi on $262.6m, A Good Day To Die Hard on $238.8m and Turbo on $171.1m.

The first two DreamWorks Animation titles handled by Fox sandwich the top five and a Blue Sky Studios release,Epic, ranks sixth on $163.2m.

Rounding out the top 10 are Percy Jackson: Sea Of Monsters on $133.7m, Lincoln on $94.9m, The Heat on $71.9m and The Internship on $49.7m.

Edited by Olive

Lionsgate projects $1.25bn int'l year

30 December, 2013 | By Jeremy Kay

UPDATE: Projected box office for all films released through Lionsgate International licensees in 2013 will reach $1.248bn, senior executives said on December 30.

The expected $1.068bn North American haul combines with international for a $2.316bn worldwide box office.

The top performer for Lionsgate, which has crossed $2bn worldwide, $1bn internationally and $1bn in North America in a calendar year for the second year in a row, is TheHunger Games: Catching Fire.

The Young Adult sequel is on course to reach $408m internationally for the 2013 portion of its ongoing run and by year’s end will have amassed at least $799m worldwide.

Now You See Me – Lionsgate’s surprise major hit of the year – generated $236m in international markets, followed by Escape Plan on $100m, Red 2 on $91.3m and Warm Bodies on $54m.