grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

The Major was only stoic in the 90s movie. In the manga, Stand Alone Complex, and Arise she's not this emotionless. Even then in the movie the stoicness was conveyed differently. Here Scarlett Johanson just seems bored. Not to mention how Kuze is a random amalgam of him and Puppet Master 

Already suspected a few pages back that they seem to go the RoboCop route of amnesiac cyborg... hope they dont make it too similar to that.

And yeah, the visuals are what might make this somewhat watchable if they mess up the story too badly :)

Edited by chuck0

18 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I hope the studio didn't make this just for fans, otherwise it'll make like $10m total.

I'd rather have a fan-oriented GitS movie that flops than something like Bayformers that makes a billion but the fans are disregarded.

If a movie can't properly expose to the masses why the source material deserves a fanbase it could at least satisfy the fanbase.

Visually, it's really creative and looks like it could be fun. I just hope it's not another Assassins Creed. Some of the dialogue here felt wooden already.

I haven't seen the source material in awhile so I can't comment on any of the changes. I'm happy they used the actual score in the trailer instead of breaking into a song halfway through. 

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

I'd rather have a fan-oriented GitS movie that flops than something like Bayformers that makes a billion but the fans are disregarded.

If a movie can't properly expose to the masses why the source material deserves a fanbase it could at least satisfy the fanbase.

Like Warcraft?

• Like 1