grey ghost

Ghost in the Shell | March 31, 2017 | Scarlett Johansson | Paramount | New Trailer on page 43!!!

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I think being in a good movie helps. Probably why Tilda Swinton was let off the hook while Emma Stone and Rooney Mara (who were in critical and financial flops) were not.

Emma Stone is the first Asian actress to win best actress at the Oscars. Leave her alone, okay. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

That divide for Beasts was still more extreme than this one in my humble opinion. It was getting raves left and right before the American critics came in, it's very interesting to see.

Id really be interested to see a breakdown of all that, maybe even within different areas in the States itself.

Having looked into FB, youre actually right. GITS is getting close to the same scores. FB was getting raves and then just went down. 

I may look into it on one of my days off. Just look at the blockbusters for a given year where the RT score is like 40-75% and see how the breakdown is. 

44 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

American critics are hypocrites who rate Marvel films like they are Ben Hur

It was at 73% until american critics came in took it down to 50%.. and we know what the main reason is. Sure, the movie isn't great, but is not that bad either. It would've ended up fresh at the end, without the stupid politics.

• Like 3

An Ebola documentary was sold out so I ended up seeing this instead and I thought it was worth the price of admission. Not the best film ever but I have no problems with it. Visuals and editing are great, and it keeps subtle visual cues from the anime film in mind.

• Like 2

Went to see this earlier. Meh. Decent time-waster but not anything I'd want to see again.

For the first Thursday preview showing of a film that ought to be appealing to a fanboy/geeky type of audience the auditorium was pretty empty. I don't think it was even 1/4 full.

Edited by Xillix

My uncle posted pictures of himself at the theater downtown.

The entire room was empty save for himself, and it was played in one of the largest rooms in the damn building. There's usually more than one person attending Thursday screenings (10-15 usually), but there must be almost no interest in this film if it has only one person in the room. Damn.

1 minute ago, NoobSaibot said:

My uncle posted pictures of himself at the theater downtown.

The entire room was empty save for himself, and it was played in one of the largest rooms in the damn building. There's usually more than one person attending Thursday screenings (10-15 usually), but there must be almost no interest in this film if it has only one person in the room. Damn.

I just posted in the tracking thread that this performed disastrously at all of the theaters with reserved seating near me tonight. I was thinking sub-$20M for the weekend was looking likely earlier, but now I'm wondering if sub-$15M could be possible too.

Box Office Mojo is predicting $32.5 million this weekend, even though they admit industry sources are thinking more like $25 million. If it comes in as low as it seems it might based off tonight they're gonna have some serious egg on their faces.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I just posted in the tracking thread that this performed disastrously at all of the theaters with reserved seating near me tonight. I was thinking sub-$20M for the weekend was looking likely earlier, but now I'm wondering if sub-$15M could be possible too.

PR over GITS this weekend....

Gokira watching these threads like :ph34r:

But no I don't know if it can go that low. It didn't do too well at my theaters either but I don't think it's going to be that big of a disaster lol I think low 20s will be its high point though. 

Then again ive been off my game with these kinds of releases so yea

I predicted this would do 13/30 a month ago! I am feeling vindicated. Granted I had raise my predict slightly to 20 mill but now I'm back down to the 15 range tbh. Was there all along. This has always felt like a flop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Did any Aussie numbers come out yet? 

No. Just NZ and BatB also opened this weekend there. Note Lego Batman opens this weekend in Australia as well and it's only the 2nd for BatB. 

• Like 1