Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Really? I guess I never really noticed. He’s  gotten his ass kicked by Algrim, Hela, Thanos, and Ultron. 

Thor is one of the most arrogant bastards in MCU. He took on the power of a star and lived. PS I love it.

Edited by cdsacken
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Thor is one of the most arrogant bastards on Earth. He took on the power of a star and lived. PS I love it.

Oh his character is awesome. He’s become the mvp of the MCU. Used to be Captain America, but now Thor is my favorite character. That Russo affect is real! Even made Doctor Strange WAY better. 

Posted (edited)

To me its that they do not show her less mature than in CM 1, as I expect a character's maturity presentation in 1995 + 24 years of partly probably difficult experience to be more mature than like it was shown in 1995.

So fingers crossed the clips are not typical for the complete movie, in general I am still optimistic, incl. for that.

(edit: in the sense not to break character how she got introduced not to change her, with the focus on more mature as a logical development to be expected. She is already more mature than a lot of female characters in other movies in CM 1. She can be as ... whatever all the other male ones are as long as it is not a shift to how she got introduced. I hate the same about books, that change characters in book whatever in a non logical way, like a stoic cop, or balanced women or man, that goes whiny teenager 3 books later)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

Oh his character is awesome. He’s become the mvp of the MCU. Used to be Captain America, but now Thor is my favorite character. That Russo affect is real! Even made Doctor Strange WAY better. 

Same. DS and Thor of Infinity war scene was hilarious

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

To me its that they do not show her less mature than in CM 1, as I expect a character's maturity presentation in 1995 + 24 years of partly probably difficult experience to be more mature than like it was shown in 1995.

So fingers crossed the clips are not typical for the complete movie, in general I am still optimistic, incl. for that.

I could have used about 30 more minutes of her developing. Way more of her initial training into Kree as well.

• Like 1

@JGAR4LIFE is definitely a very wrong person.

Whoever is praising Carol, he is giving Not Cool reactions. And liking Anti Captain Marvel. 

Iron Man was very egoistic in Avengers in beginning, Thor was very arrogant in Thor and Avengers. 

Doctor Strange is very arrogant in Infinity war. Star Lord is very arrogant in Infinity war. 

ARROGANT AND COCKY NATURE HAS BEEN SHOWN BY MANY MALE SUPERHEROES.... BUT.. CAROL BECOMES COCKY THEIR MASCULINITY IS THREATENED. 

• Like 1
  • Not Cool 1

2 hours ago, Matthew said:

Only people like you will clap

😬😬😬

Low quality post.

Difference between Thor and CM:

Thor has 6 movies where he got to play everything, from arrogant bastard to comic relief (please don't cut my hair, ball bounces back into his face, etc) to romantic lead, etc

CM has only 1 seen movie where she played an amnesiac. 

of course that Thor is more developed and that when he's arrogant that's smoothed by our knowledge of his endearing moments from other movies ("sweet rabbit", etc) 

CM is now at the stage where Thor was in the first movie. So not fair to compare yet.

• Like 5

The fragile masculinity on display right now.... I have to laugh.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Disbelief 1
  • Not Cool 2

Posted (edited)

Yeah, Carol's overconfidence is nothing we haven't seen from many male superheroes before.  She isn't that way in Captain Marvel because she's basically been served humble pie all her life (see the montage of her constantly failing yet getting up again).  But it makes sense that after 20 years of kicking ass that she'd be a bit cocky.  Having minor character flaws like that can make characters more interesting and gives them room to be challenged and grow.

Edited by IceFire9yt
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Matthew said:

@diddykongracing128 was banned from many threads but his incel nature is still alive.

He is linking Anti Captain Marvel videos now wtf.. 

@DeeCee

How about you don’t take it so personally what others think/say/do/like/dislike?

• Like 2

Just now, Rebeccas said:

I don't understand why they are hating on Captain Marvel.. 

When they loves Iron man, Thor, DS and Starlord which went through same development. 

How can someone be threatened by Captain Marvel? 

Brie Larson is just doing her job and she is good at it. 

• Not Cool 2

1 minute ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

How about you don’t take it so personally what others think/say/do/like/dislike?

The video he has linked is from YouTuber who is very Toxic. 

I mean, Thor RIGHT AFTER he just lost to Thanos in a fight said "well he's never fought me twice!" and we all cheer him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Disbelief 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I mean, Thor RIGHT AFTER he just lost to Thanos in a fight said "well he's never fought me twice!" and we all cheer him.

I hope Captain Marvel has a good fight with Thanos.. winning or loosing doesn't matter. 

Edited by Matthew

I have a feeling that diddy something user wants to get thread-banned here as well, seems like the thread-ban at the weekends thread was not enough.

N.

I.

R.

D.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

They did the same thing with Shuri last year. Hmmm a pattern I see here.

• Like 1

It could not be clearer that they’re setting up a narrative arc of:

Carol is cocky

Avengers fail in their confrontation against Thanos, again

???? (Remaining 85% of the movie, contains some humbling and character development)

I think it makes sense for someone to be less mature after 20 years if you spent those 20 years going from galaxy to galaxy and usually being one of the most powerful beings in each of them. 

• Like 2

Man ffs, I talk about one scene which CM looks a little awkward and you morons take it into a toxic masculinity direction. Knock it off with that b/s. It’s not funny.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1