Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

6 minutes ago, AJ2k said:

The X-Men need to take a nap for at least 5 years. They're just played out now. That franchise has been around since 2000 with not much of a break. I'm all for getting the Fantastic Four done right though.

From what Feige has said that's what's going to happen.  He has a 5 year plan and they aren't part of it right now and probably won't be.  Considering we've had almost 20 years and two iterations of most of the lead characters it makes sense.   Doing the F4 first makes sense and by the time they get around to them it will have probably been at least 8 years since the debacle.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, cookieleeann said:

They did the same thing with Shuri last year. Hmmm a pattern I see here.

Oh they hated the fact that she was said to be smarter than the science bros yet wanted spider-man to come into the MCU and straight up lead it after his civil war appearance

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I can't get in to details b/c of the spoilers (or can I, it's been a month) but Carol was pretty cocky and a bit of a hot head in CM.  But then that's also the way she is in the comics (also at times more belligerent and an alcoholic) - even the recent animated TV shows.  

You think the way she spoke to Fury was mature?  The jukebox thing was mature?   She's cocky, dismissive and condescending at times even before she comes into control of her full powers which she enjoys showing off.   She's not as recklessly cocky and destructive as Thor or as unpleasantly arrogant as Strange at the start of their arcs but she also doesn't get as humbled or brought down as low.  Her arc is more about finding her power and coming in to her own.   A quarter of a century as an enormously powerful being might have made her her more swaggeringly self assured of herself and yes more cocky.

Agree.

Slight difference how I approach her: that wasn't 'her', that was... spoiler.

I do split up....

I didn't watch any animated TV shows no matter the source material. I did read comics, but she was usually not in the ones I read, and the later serias I did not read mostly (maybe a few, not sure I didn't looked on the release date of all what I read)

And in a way still yes, in comparison to so many other movies (not the jukebox thing not the first scenes with Fury and there are a couple of other short/moments/scenes I slightly cringe but those get outshined for me byy many other details).

= the one were females behave feet-stamping, white knight awaiting, crying/screeching, reacting over-the-top for whatever reasons (like jealousy or other forms of insecurity) technic destroying, being the reason based on stupid behaviour, that something bad happens....

The full power thing, I see as being her very happy, to feel free for the first time. Its very fast, a rush. And she still has to get things entangled .... spoiler.

She has fun, plays more with ..... She does not want to kill the .... in my POV, but take her time with them, but to give time also, to two different parties (or three, however to count them)

But she also knows what will impress them to stop, see later actions but again, picked the one with the least on board... arggh, when can we add spoilers?

In a way she and her reactions feels natural, not like a statue on a podest, as some characters get presented, not free from any fault. Her basic core is mature, including for it is so strong even all the ... can not get it really down. The story happens fast, there are different POVs inn a way, for that I see development enough.

See my post after the one you quoted, I am still optimistic. I think I wrote in the wrong way since it came up, the answering post I wrote to an answer to my first post in especial seems to have been badly worded by me, see the reactions to that later on and how other posts I wrote later get understood.

13 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

Oh they hated the fact that she was said to be smarter than the science bros yet wanted spider-man to come into the MCU and straight up lead it after his civil war appearance

Both concepts are obnoxious in teenagers.

There's a reason they're cannon fodder in horror movies.   I kid. I kid.

[kinda]

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

bgr2dj2z67k21.jpg

There's still time before Endgame.  Schedule your first appointment today!  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yea let’s get this thread back on track. 

Here are my current percentages for opening weekend numbers....

> $240m — 98.3%

> $250m — 91.5%

> $260m — 77.0%

> $270m — 58.4%

> $280m — 32.5%

> $290m — 16.2%

> $300m — 7.3%

• Thanks 2

Back on topic, I hope Nebula is the one to defeat Thanos like in the comic. She is a great choice. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Frozen said:

Back on topic, I hope Nebula is the one to defeat Thanos like in the comic. She is a great choice. 

In the comics she became villian after defeating Thanos. 

Thanos teamed up with hero to defeat her. 

This could be very interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Frozen said:

I really doubt it's going to be one person.  It's going to mean teamwork (without the liability of Quill) . 

I doubt thought the coup de grace will go to anyone who isn't an O6 Avenger.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RealCaptMarvel said:

If 300m + happens you guys think Avatar is going down?

Nope. 

If it opens to $300m and increases approximately the same across the world, we might hit $2.4 billion.

Right now I’m thinking about $275-280m and $2.25b

6 minutes ago, RealCaptMarvel said:

I'm kidding you guys jesus go Real Captain Marvellll

5 minutes ago, RealCaptMarvel said:

I think 300m+ is happening but won't be able to reach Avatard, Titanic on the other hand's gonna sink though.

Talking to yourself.. Hmmm

• Thanks 1

Well this has officially passed IW's total Maoyan interest number of 1.15m and is locked to beat the all-time record of 1.5m and go past 2m+.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 11

20 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Yep or Tony. 

I am for a team success, like a multi-assault thing that ends this time in the successful defeat.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, RealCaptMarvel said:

I'm kidding you guys jesus go Real Captain Marvellll

I figured but for real though good tip for those with such thoughts haha

Posted (edited)

CM in EG is most likely what Stormbreaker was in IW. ha,ha you are fucked now, Thanos...oh wait! Otherwise there's no story. So panic that she, not one or more OG, will defeat Thanos is ridiculous. narratively speaking, it's never the strongest but the biggest heart/sacrifice who does it. Always.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

Box Office: Can 'Avengers: Endgame' Crack the $300M Ceiling in U.S. Debut?

"So far, early tracking shows Avengers: Endgame debuting domestically to $200 million to $260 million. However, when the movie sold more advance tickets in its first 24 hours than any picture in history, the speculation spiraled. Box office sources tell THR they believe a realistic range is $250 million to $280 million."

"When Infinity War first came up on track, it was tipped for a debut of $185 million to $225 million."

"Atom Tickets reported Tuesday morning that Endgame has sold twice as many advance tickets in its first week than its four previous biggest sellers combined;  Aquaman, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Avengers: Infinity War and Captain Marvel."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 6
  • Disbelief 1

I have a feeling people are over-emphasizing what kind of role Captain Marvel will have in Endgame. She'll be more prominent than Black Panther was in Infinity War, but this film is clearly about the original Avengers. She's just peripheral.

• Like 3