Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

1 minute ago, AndyK said:

Didn't say which Thursday.....could be in June.

yeah yeah, always such jokester/jokster with low counts.

I do not envy the mods, OW +/- will probably be brutally annoying for them.

6 hours ago, Matthew said:

@JGAR4LIFE is definitely a very wrong person.

Whoever is praising Carol, he is giving Not Cool reactions. And liking Anti Captain Marvel. 

Iron Man was very egoistic in Avengers in beginning, Thor was very arrogant in Thor and Avengers. 

Doctor Strange is very arrogant in Infinity war. Star Lord is very arrogant in Infinity war. 

ARROGANT AND COCKY NATURE HAS BEEN SHOWN BY MANY MALE SUPERHEROES.... BUT.. CAROL BECOMES COCKY THEIR MASCULINITY IS THREATENED. 

And all of the above got their come uppance to their arrogance. I don't think it's sexist to suggest that something like that might happen to Carol Danvers.

Problem is you want Danvers to a perfect, flawless heroine for some political purpose..and perfect flawless charecters are BORING.

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

From what Feige has said that's what's going to happen.  He has a 5 year plan and they aren't part of it right now and probably won't be.  Considering we've had almost 20 years and two iterations of most of the lead characters it makes sense.   Doing the F4 first makes sense and by the time they get around to them it will have probably been at least 8 years since the debacle.

ANother difference is that We have had good X Men movies, (and a few weak or out and out bad ones) but Fox has taken three swings at FF and struck out each time.

I think Fiege thinks he can do better at bat then Fox has. He can't realy do much worse.

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

ANother difference is that We have had good X Men movies, (and a few weak or out and out bad ones) but Fox has taken three swings at FF and struck out each time.

I think Fiege thinks he can do better at bat then Fox has. He can't realy do much worse.

Between the X-Men and the Fantastic Four, the latter is the only one I think desperately needed to go back to Marvel. The X-Men as a property is big enough to sustain its own universe, but the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom have historically been heavily tied to the larger Marvel Universe. Plus, the general tone and family dynamic of the Fantastic Four property is right at home with the MCU. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Between the X-Men and the Fantastic Four, the latter is the only one I think desperately needed to go back to Marvel. The X-Men as a property is big enough to sustain its own universe, but the Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom have historically been heavily tied to the larger Marvel Universe. Plus, the general tone and family dynamic of the Fantastic Four property is right at home with the MCU. 

Not to mention that Ben Grimm's Friday Night Baxter Buirlding Super Hero Poker Parties could be tailor made for the Marvel Middle and End Credit Sequence.

Come to think of it, Carol Danvers was regular at Ben's poker games.

I just read Feige complete interview and people might be reading things into it that are not really there. He says he has a five year plan for the MCU, but nowhere does he say the X Men will not appear for five years...he just says a long time. I am sure that parsing of his words was very deliberate.

And I think the X Men are just too potentially lucrative for them to remain on the shelf for that long.

Yes, the X Men need a break, but I doubt it will be a full five years..more like 3, imho.

Moderation 

Not Cool

Ignore

Don’t Quote 

Regards

BOT Staff

• Thanks 1

@RealCaptMarvel

Cool it.

This is not the Fanboys thread and even there using derogatory titles of movies is not allowed

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I think that the general problem with MCU female characters is that they are stuck playing the straight guy to more colorful variety of male characters who are allowed to be silly, endearing, lose their temper, do stupid things, be butt of jokes,etc. MCU is careful not to do that with female characters so they are always more serious, more logical, don't do silly things, are never butts of jokes, are not self-deprecating but more often than not roll their eyes at their male colleagues. I guess the climate is such that the studio won't risk giving them some of flaws that certain corners of the internet don't deem "strong". For example, smug/arrogant/rude/cold/aggressive are considered "strong" flaws, while silly, emotional, goofy are considered "weak" flaws. No wonder comic relief characters are considered lesser even if they steal the show from not-comic relief characters. But MCU is opening up to more variety so we have Shuri with her quips, Mantis with her goofyness, Valkyre is given a drinking problem which sets her apart from no-nonsense other female characters, so that's a start. 

I agree with you 100%. And this isn't just Marvel, but across the board, women characters in any medium suffer from not being true 3 dimensional characters. 

3 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

I agree with you 100%. And this isn't just Marvel, but across the board, women characters in any medium suffer from not being true 3 dimensional characters. 

Probably because of the ridiculous reactions and incessant criticism they get. If they supposedly don't have enough flaws they're Mary Sues and if they supposedly have too many they're arrogant bitches. It does my damn head in.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, RealCaptMarvel said:

Sorry baby girl 😘😂

Bye 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

If the first reactions aren't fanboys and elders sobing ...

FYI a toy leak supposedly features some big spoilers... now might be the time to go dark if you're concerned.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

FYI a toy leak supposedly features some big spoilers... now might be the time to go dark if you're concerned.

For me is expected. And make sense

4 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

For me is expected. And make sense

Ok I mean obviously its not like someone's funeral leaked but given the marketing being extremely coy, this may be more than some people want to know!

Just now, Gamora said:

Probably because of the ridiculous reactions and incessant criticism they get. If they supposedly don't have enough flaws they're Mary Sues and if they supposedly have too many they're arrogant bitches. It does my damn head in.

It's what happens when you don't have enough representation. A single character  becomes the standard bearer or target for all women (same with Black, Hispanic, Asians, LGBTQ etc) instead of just one single character with a distinct personality and behavior.

It's why fans over reacted like crazy about Black Widow in AOU when a similar story line or line of dialog uttered by man wouldn't raise  a blip - as it didn't for Banner.

The only solution is more women leads and co-leads. 

Even though women's rights were a fraction of what they currently are and characters were largely circumscribed by societal gender roles and a lack of scope and choice, and female directors were an even more rare breed than now, there was a far greater variety of characterizations, varying strengths and flaws, personality types in the 30s and 40s when women lead films, that also made big box office, were common place.  

Not every medium suffers from this.  Books don't, even if some genres or rather sub genres do, - b/c there are far more of them and a far greater representation of creators.   Indie films also have more character variety.  So does TV/ streaming in comparison to larger budget studio films.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Ok I mean obviously its not like someone's funeral leaked but given the marketing being extremely coy, this may be more than some people want to know!

Can't wait to buy the toy set of the Avengers in their funeral outfits. 

• Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1

There is like 5 videos in youtube top trending about endgame.

And we are still over 2 weeks away 

Courtesy of @Pypa94 -- Poland 

Avengers: Endgame presales UPDATE

only for pre-screenings on 24th of April

seats sold/all seats: 38 306/75 798   50,54%  (66% of the market)

If my math is correct EG should already beat final IW's numbers from its pre-screenings!  [IW had 52 711 (100% of the market) vs EG 38 306 (66% of the market) so multiplying numbers by share of market EG should be about 58k] 

And still, we have two weeks more of in advance presales.

For now there at least 416 shows including 2D (87%), 3D (8%), IMAX (3%), 4DX (1%), VIP (1%). There are 40 double screenings (IW+EG) which are close to 10% of all shows (31 - 2D, 6 - IMAX, 3 - VIP).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1