Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

Posted (edited)

AMC Grapevine Mills 30 just outside of Dallas, TX, now has 75 shows for Thursday night! 

https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/los-angeles/amc-dine-in-ontario-mills-30/showtimes/all/2019-04-25/amc-dine-in-grapevine-mills-30/all

Can any other theater beat this?

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Astonished 5

6 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

AMC Grapevine Mills 30 just outside of Dallas, TX, now has 75 shows for Thursday night! 

AMC Burbank probably can!

The new Avengers team members kinda lack the balance of original 6 has. 

Strange doesn’t have quality of a leader. T’Challa does but he has his own country to worry about, can’t really just be off and run around with the Avengers. Carol can definitely grow into the leader role but it seems a better idea to keep her in space at the moment. Spidey is still a kid. 

They also kinda lack members with the straight man roles, or more grounded like Cap or Widow. 

It’s gonna be interesting to see how Marvel going from here with future Avengers movies. But tbh, I’m not that invested. I’ll be focusing on solos of my favorites (T’Challa and Carol) and new blood like Shang-Chi; but for me, Avengers is Steve/Tony/Thor.  

5 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

AMC Burbank probably can!

Not even close tbh. Only 24 for Thursday so far. 

What records are expected to be beaten by Endgame on its first weekend?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bordlove said:

Domestically, in order of likelihood....

Opening Weekend 

True Friday

Full Friday

True Saturday

True Sunday

Previews 

As for worldwide, the opening weekend in probably 20 different countries. 

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, terrestrial said:

An area with lots of additional screens gotten added I guess :ph34r:

It's just Texas, I'm sure the screenings will fill up in the coming weeks. I'm just guessing alot of people here didn't fall for the hype of getting their tickets this early in advance.  

23 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/los-angeles/amc-dine-in-ontario-mills-30/showtimes/all/2019-04-25/amc-dine-in-grapevine-mills-30/all

The most in NYC is AMC Empire 25 with 48 (fan event included).  AIW had 51 by OD

Directly across the street though is The Regal E-Walk which currently has 22 (AIW had 19 ODf).  

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

The most in NYC is AMC Empire 25 with 48 (fan event included).  AIW had 51 by OD

Directly across the street though is The Regal E-Walk which currently has 22 (AIW had 19 ODf).  

What do you think is the limit for Empire? 60?

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Sam said:

The new Avengers team members kinda lack the balance of original 6 has. 

Strange doesn’t have quality of a leader. T’Challa does but he has his own country to worry about, can’t really just be off and run around with the Avengers. Carol can definitely grow into the leader role but it seems a better idea to keep her in space at the moment. Spidey is still a kid. 

They also kinda lack members with the straight man roles, or more grounded like Cap or Widow. 

It’s gonna be interesting to see how Marvel going from here with future Avengers movies. But tbh, I’m not that invested. I’ll be focusing on solos of my favorites (T’Challa and Carol) and new blood like Shang-Chi; but for me, Avengers is Steve/Tony/Thor.  

EDIT: Nevermind. Just in a sour mood.

Edited by JB33
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bordlove said:

All of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

What do you think is the limit for Empire? 60?

They're going to have to add more screens b/c they've maxed out showings on what they have.  As it is, they already have a 5:30am showing.  If they need I guess they could add two 2-3 more screens depending on contracts with holdovers. 

https://www.fandango.com/amc-empire-25-AAORE/theater-page?date=2019-04-25

Edited by TalismanRing

And here's my prediction for the weekend.

Previews: $59mn

Friday: $80mn

Saturday: $88mn

Sunday: $80mn

Total: $307mn

• Like 1
  • Astonished 4

2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

And here's my prediction for the weekend.

Previews: $59mn

Friday: $80mn

Saturday: $88mn

Sunday: $80mn

Total: $307mn

$61m — $74m — $85m — $71m = $291m

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They're going to have to add more screens b/c they've maxed out showings on what they have.  As it is, they already have a 5:30am showing.  If they need I guess they could add two 2-3 more screens depending on contracts with holdovers. 

https://www.fandango.com/amc-empire-25-AAORE/theater-page?date=2019-04-25

Looks like they’re using 18 screens. They should definitely be able to bump up to at least 21 if not 22, especially given all of the near sellouts they have. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

$61m — $74m — $85m — $71m = $291m

Sunday shall be bigger than true Friday, if Thursday hit $61mn, no way Friday go below $80mn.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Sunday shall be bigger than true Friday, if Thursday hit $61mn, no way Friday go below $80mn.

I expect it to act more like a Star Wars film, and I think TFS will burn up more demand as theaters are more prepared for the rush.

I’d love for your numbers to come true though. However, if we’re gonna do it then it needs to be $60m at least for previews and $90m for Saturday. Take out all 6 milestones at once. 

44 minutes ago, Galactic Specter said:

It's just Texas, I'm sure the screenings will fill up in the coming weeks. I'm just guessing alot of people here didn't fall for the hype of getting their tickets this early in advance.  

At BOT are reports for sold out screenings in Texas as well.

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

At BOT are reports for sold out screenings in Texas as well.

Yea I’d be curious to check his screenings. I’m in Houston and my theater already has 4 sold out shows for Thursday and a dozen more down to the first 2 rows. 

• Like 1