Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

1 minute ago, Heroicpiglet said:

I dont think they will make an Avengers vs Xmen movie considering the legs of Civil War

Civil War grossed $1.15 billion worldwide. Avengers vs X-Men could have 1.6x legs and they’d make it. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

And here's my prediction for the weekend.

Previews: $59mn

Friday: $80mn

Saturday: $88mn

Sunday: $80mn

Total: $307mn

That balance. Charlie knows where it’s at. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

I dont think they will make an Avengers vs Xmen movie considering the legs of Civil War

Avengers vs. X-Men is also one of the most vile, hideous, ridiculous, nonsensical crossover events in comics history. Ugh. (The Avengers were right btw, but that’s a whole other discussion :ph34r:)

My whole problem with the X-men concepts being in MCU is that it doesn’t make much sense for the X-Men to be discriminated, isolated and looked down upon by humanity in the same world where the Avengers exist and is celebrated as Earth’s mightiest heroes. But then if you take away that aspect of X-men, and make them heroes to the people, then the core of their characteristic and struggle is rendered pointless.

Gonna be a lots of faux reasonings and stretching make believe with that one when the time comes.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

They might still make it, but it's definitely not a good idea for it to be the big finale they spend another decade building up to. Those movies should always be a team up against some big bad. I think their best bet would be to develop a truly amazing Dr. Doom and set him up as the next Thanos it's all building up to.

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

They might still make it, but it's definitely not a good idea for it to be the big finale they spend another decade building up to. Those movies should always be a team up against some big bad. I think their best bet would be to develop a truly amazing Dr. Doom and set him up as the next Thanos it's all building up to.

Dr. Doom is a badass villain but he's not quite big time enough to be the next saga's Thanos. Think Galactus. Doctor Doom could definitely be a "crossover" villain who is not limited to one subfranchise (Fantastic Four/Spider-Man) though, as well as a villain for an Avengers movie in the vein of Loki or Ultron.

6 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Dr. Doom is a badass villain but he's not quite big time enough to be the next saga's Thanos. Think Galactus. Doctor Doom could definitely be a "crossover" villain who is not limited to one subfranchise (Fantastic Four/Spider-Man) though, as well as a villain for an Avengers movie in the vein of Loki or Ultron.

Doom could be a good Loki for the 2nd arc, starts out as a villain and grows into just an annoying neighbor who likes to screw with you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I have no doubt Marvel's solo films will continue to get bigger and bigger but replicating the team chemistry and dynamics of the original Avengers in a team setting is going to be a big challenge. 

MCU box office average will be in the $925M - $950M range by the end of the year.  Does that MCU floor go up so high that they only release billion dollar movie from now on? Especially considering that MCU strong regions like South and East Asia are massive and fast growing?

I think it's about time that they expand their release schedule to 4 movies a year. With X-Men and FF under their tow, it's sustainable

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

Domestically, in order of likelihood....

Opening Weekend 

True Friday

Full Friday

True Saturday

True Sunday

Previews 

As for worldwide, the opening weekend in probably 20 different countries. 

How are the different trackings for Thursday looking in comparison to TFA? Thursdays previews are the least walk up dependant and such presales will reflect the potential BO the best.

20 minutes ago, RealCaptMarvel said:

That utter MCU domination in Singapore.

For a tiny country with population of just about 6M people, a $16M in BO gross is amazing.

Base on the chart, Infinity War jumped up about $2.5M from Ultron (strictly speaking of US dollars, could be a more significant jump in local currency), could Endgame break $20M? Seems a bit of a tall task for only one year gap of inflation though.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2

31 minutes ago, rishijoesanu said:

MCU box office average will be in the $925M - $950M range by the end of the year.  Does that MCU floor go up so high that they only release billion dollar movie from now on? Especially considering that MCU strong regions like South and East Asia are massive and fast growing?

I think it's about time that they expand their release schedule to 4 movies a year. With X-Men and FF under their tow, it's sustainable

Their average is gonna go down quite a bit. DS 2, SMH 2, BP 2, CM 2, Eternals all without avengers probably do less. Eternals is a total wild card box office wise for me. Suggestion of Thor 4 without Hemsworth sounds horrible. 

This movie is going to make a billion on opening weekend WW. Let's just all accept it and go home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Their average is gonna go down quite a bit. DS 2, SMH 2, BP 2, CM 2, Eternals all without avengers probably do less. Eternals is a total wild card box office wise for me. Suggestion of Thor 4 without Hemsworth sounds horrible. 

Spider-Man: Far From Home, Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2 will all hit $1 billion WW.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RealCaptMarvel said:

Asia loves MCU, can't wait for tickets to go on sale on SK and China, fireworks will be incredible.

3 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

AMC Grapevine Mills 30 just outside of Dallas, TX, now has 75 shows for Thursday night! 

https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/los-angeles/amc-dine-in-ontario-mills-30/showtimes/all/2019-04-25/amc-dine-in-grapevine-mills-30/all

Can any other theater beat this?

That was my theater till I moved to England! I lived like 10 min away. It was awesome.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Sam said:

That utter MCU domination in Singapore.

For a tiny country with population of just about 6M people, a $16M in BO gross is amazing.

Base on the chart, Infinity War jumped up about $2.5M from Ultron (strictly speaking of US dollars, could be a more significant jump in local currency), could Endgame break $20M? Seems a bit of a tall task for only one year gap of inflation though.

Thats Singapore $ not USD. IW would be $11mn approx.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1