Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

12 minutes ago, Geveeso said:

Spider-Man: Far From Home, Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2 will all hit $1 billion WW.

Not sure on next SMH 2. Bp2 and cm2 should I agree but probably less than original for both. Could be wrong. CM 2 has more room as it can get way better. Seriously doubt BP 2 is gonna be better than BP1. I rewatch that more than Avengers or any other marvel film.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Thats Singapore $ not USD

True but still great $$ wise. More than double Norway with same population. 4 million $$ more than larger Sweden. More than Netherlands which has a population of 17 million.

• Like 1

Black Panther 2 will drop domestically sure shot. Overseas will grow in Asia and hold in rest.

Black Panther 3 will be grow everywhere and most likely domestic shortfall will be neutralized with overseas to match 1st one worldwide.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

True but still great $$ wise. More than double Norway with same population. 4 million $$ more than larger Sweden. More than Netherlands which has a population of 17 million.

Note that Singapore is just a city basically. Norway is country which will have rural population as well. 

Besides, I guess Norway just like rest of Europe won't be that into superheroes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

These huge movies edit as they go along, which is much easier when shooting on digital.  The editors on AIW said it helped they were filming AEG when they started editing b/c if they needed a pick up shot, alternate take etc the cast was already there - which is why unlike all other Marvel movies AIW didn't have scheduled re-shoots.   

AEG finished most of primary filming in early January so they then had 3 months + to fully devote to AIW.  The Russos said it was still a killer schedule.  They had far more time and leeway with AEG.  They finished filming AEG (not just pick up but stuff they hadn't done yet) in Sept/October and they still just locked in a couple of weeks ago.

So that's why IW felt so clunky, EG should be a lot smoother because they could devote more time to it. I guess that may be reflected in the RT score.

3 hours ago, Sam said:

The new Avengers team members kinda lack the balance of original 6 has. 

Strange doesn’t have quality of a leader. T’Challa does but he has his own country to worry about, can’t really just be off and run around with the Avengers. Carol can definitely grow into the leader role but it seems a better idea to keep her in space at the moment. Spidey is still a kid. 

They also kinda lack members with the straight man roles, or more grounded like Cap or Widow. 

It’s gonna be interesting to see how Marvel going from here with future Avengers movies. But tbh, I’m not that invested. I’ll be focusing on solos of my favorites (T’Challa and Carol) and new blood like Shang-Chi; but for me, Avengers is Steve/Tony/Thor.  

Correct. END GAME is the end of my definitive interest in Avengers, I feel. 

Nothing can replicate the feeling of avengers 2012. The novelty factor was too huge. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

As for worldwide, the opening weekend in probably 20 different countries. 

Lowball :ph34r:

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

This movie is going to make a billion on opening weekend WW. Let's just all accept it and go home.

do you ever get tired of setting your expectations so unrealistically high?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

How do you figure?

BP3 will come out after he plays a prominent role in Avengers 5 (the next teamup movie, might not be called “Avengers”). 1.5B+

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

How do you figure?

Infinity War opened with 640M WW.  I don’t think it increases so heavily that it reaches a billion in one weekend.

I mean, I haven’t been tracking presales all too heavily, but come on, do people really think this is likely to increase 360M from IW’s worldwide opening?  I wouldn’t say it’s impossible, but a lot of things aren’t impossible

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Infinity War opened with 640M WW.  I don’t think it increases so heavily that it reaches a billion in one weekend.

I mean, I haven’t been tracking presales all too heavily, but come on, do people really think this is likely to increase 360M from IW’s worldwide opening?  I wouldn’t say it’s impossible, but a lot of things aren’t impossible

IW got 0 from China. Endgame will get some 240M from a 5-day China opening. It only needs to bump by 120M or so elsewhere.

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I don't see how the world will work having Avengers, but Iron Man, Cap, Hulk or even Thor as retired. Especially Thor, he can't retire :excited:, what else will he do. He is supposed to be warrior/god and look after his people. 

I mean heroes aren't selfish, they had the inherent responsibility of standing when things go south.

The only satisfactory end I see is them dying for once and all or just keep extending their contracts till world get Avengers fatigue. I will prefer first.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

640 + 201 + 19 = 860

Our international threads are predicting +25-50% growth on A:IW anyways in many countries. e.g.

UK 50mn from 42mn

India 21-22mn from 18mn

Mexico is going 30mn from 25mn

Spain is going for OW record per @pepsa(sorry @peludo).

And so on.

Besides China will be 5 days weekend instead of 3.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I don't see how the world will work having Avengers, but Iron Man, Cap, Hulk or even Thor as retired. Especially Thor, he can't retire :excited:, what else will he do. He is supposed to be warrior/god and look after his people. 

I mean heroes aren't selfish, they had the inherent responsibility of standing when things go south.

The only satisfactory end I see is them dying for once and all or just keep extending their contracts till world get Avengers fatigue. I will prefer first.

I really hope Thor continues after Endgame. Ragnarok breathed new life into the character. Have Thor 4 with Taika be about Thor travelling with Valkyrie and Korg trying to find a new home for the remaining Asgardians.

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr

https://screenrant.com/avengers-endgame-writers-secret-wars-movie-russo-brothers/

After telling the writers that the Russo Brothers said they wanted to make Secret Wars, we asked the writing duo if they would be onboard as well, to which Markus replied, "I have to read ‘Secret Wars’ again. It’s literally ben ten thousand years" and McFeely commented, "If Joe and Anthony do another Marvel movie and they don’t have us write it, I will be personally offended". When elaborating on McFeely's comment, Markus joked, "Yeah, there’ll be problems at home". 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

(semi xpost with the Tracking thread)

Avengers: Endgame Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-16 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

76.84%

Total Showings Added Today:            2

Total Seats Added Today:              160

Total Seats Sold Today:                  156 (see note below)

***NOTE: I was unable to get any seat information from one of the theaters I track.  If I am able to get this information by early tomorrow morning, I will edit into this post.***

Added 12 ticket sales the next morning - close and small enough for me to think they were nearly all from this day's report

Infinity War Comps:

2.4550x as many tickets sold as Infinity War after eight day of pre−sales.
2.0155x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 16 days before release [Infinity War has 41 days of pre−sales compared to Endgame's 23 days]
1.1382x as many tickets sold as Infinity War at stop of tracking on release night.
1.0085x as many tickets sold as Infinity War at stop of tracking on release night at the exact same theaters in town.NOTE: If a theater locally that is now selling tickets for reserved seating was selling them for the above movies, but as non-reserved seating for that movie, it is not counted toward the ratio of 'as many tickets sold' for the movie in question.  If a theater is brand new to the region and wasn't yet open for one of the above movies, however, it will be counted toward the ratio. It will also be counted toward the ratio if it was playing in more theaters locally, unless specifically noted otherwise.

IW (day 8):              124 tickets sold that day   [1 sellout/113 showings  | 4098/11011 seats left  | 55.43% sold]

EG (adj*) (day 8):    108 tickets sold that day [11 sellouts/223 showings | 3758/18741 seats left  | 79.95% sold]

EG (exact**)(day 8):    94 tickets sold that day [11 sellouts/197 showings | 3252/16528 seats left  | 80.32% sold]

----

IW (T-16):     88 tickets sold that day  [3 sellouts/117 showings   | 3781/11215 seats left  | 66.29% sold]  

IW (final):   13164 tickets sold at stop [59 sellouts/182 showings | 1195/15159 seats left  | 86.64% sold]

EG (adj*):     14983 tickets sold so far  [11 sellouts/223 showings | 3758/18741 seats left  | 79.95% sold]

EG (exact**):  13276 tickets sold so far  [11 sellouts/197 showings | 3252/16528 seats left  | 80.32% sold]

----

* EG (adj) is the number of tickets sold without the extra theaters I now have tracking info for

** EG (exact) is the number of tickets sold at the EXACT same theaters in town for a pure like-for-like comparison.

OTHER COMPS:

Spoiler

Captain Marvel:

Spoiler

8.0720x as many tickets sold as Captain Marvel after eight days of pre−sales.
4.9790x as many tickets sold as Captain Marvel 16 days before release. [CM had 58 days of pre−sales versus EG's 23 days]
1.6881x as many tickets sold as Captain Marvel at stop of tracking.

CM (day 8):       59 tickets sold that day [0 sellouts/81 showings    |  8401/10608 seats left | 20.81% sold]

CM (T-16):        52 tickets sold that day [2 sellouts/83 showings    | 7127/10705 seats left  | 33.42% sold]

CM (final):   10553 tickets sold at stop   [  1 sellout/92 showings    | 9439/19992 seats left  | 52.79% sold]

EG:              17815 tickets sold so far    [11 sellouts/223 showings | 5369/23184 seats left  | 7684% sold]

NOTE: I have the same sources of tracking info for Endgame as I did Captain Marvel, so the unadjusted comp is being used here, even though Endgame is playing in a couple more theaters locally. Check the main stat box for the number of tickets sold today if you want to compare it to the number of tickets Captain Marvel sold on its second day.

Selected Other Comps (T-16 and Final):

Spoiler

6.1055x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 16 days before release. [BP had 30 days of pre−sales versus EG's 23 days]
6.8322x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2 16 days before release. [DP2 had 29 days of pre−sales versus EG's 23 days]
4.8556x as many tickets sold as Solo 16 days before release. [Solo had 30 days of pre−sales versus EG's 23 days]
11.9196x as many tickets sold as Fallen Kingdom 16 days before release. [JW2 had 22 days of pre−sales versus EG's 23 days]

BP (T-16):           202 tickets sold that day [1 sellout/66 showings      |  4130/6584 seats left    | 37.27% sold]

DP2 (T-16):        126 tickets sold that day [0 sellouts/95 showings     | 10752/12265 seats left | 17.88% sold]

Solo (T-16):          58 tickets sold that day [0 sellouts/87 showings     |  6261/9348 seats left    | 33.02% sold]

JW2 (T-16):        106 tickets sold that day [0 sellouts/97 showings     |  8856/10113 seats left  | 12.43% sold]

EG(adj*) (T-16):  108 tickets sold that day [11 sellouts/223 showings | 3758/18741 seats left  | 79.95% sold]

*EM (adj) is the number of tickets sold without the extra theaters I now have tracking info for

----

1.8488x as many tickets sold as Black Panther at stop of tracking.
1.8422x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2 at stop of tracking.
2.5882x as many tickets sold as Solo at stop of tracking.
2.4057x as many tickets sold as Fallen Kingdom at stop of tracking.

NOTE: If a theater locally that is now selling tickets for reserved seating was selling them for the above movies, but as non-reserved seating for that movie, it is not counted toward the ratio of 'as many tickets sold' for the movie in question.  If a theater is brand new to the region and wasn't yet open for one of the above movies, however, it will be counted toward the ratio. It will also be counted toward the ratio if it was playing in more theaters locally.

BP (final):     8104 tickets sold at stop [26 sellouts/136 showings |  3377/11481 seats left  | 70.59% sold]

DP2 (final):   8133 tickets sold at stop [3 sellouts/169 showings   |  8357/16490 seats left  | 49.32% sold]

Solo (final):  5789 tickets sold at stop [5 sellouts/143 showings    |  7732/13521 seats left | 42.81% sold]

JW2 (final):   6228 tickets sold at stop [1 sellout/147 showings     |  7487/13715 seats left | 45.41% sold]

EG (adj*):   14983 tickets sold so far    [11 sellouts/223 showings | 3758/18741 seats left  | 79.95% sold]

*EM (adj) is the number of tickets sold without the extra theaters I now have tracking info for

WEEKEND INFO: (all IW information is for 17 days before release)

Fri:   0 sellouts/279 showings  [IW: 0/214]

Sat:  0 sellouts/277 showings  [IW: 0/215]

Sun: 0 sellouts/267 showings  [IW: 0/209]

Sellouts:  11/223 (nc/+2)  [2D: 11/179 (nc/+2) | 3D: 0/44]

Edited by Porthos
Now updated with missing info
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I thought you were pushing for 320 DOM OW. 1 billion WW is hard but if China pops for 250 OW and your 320 number is hit it "ONLY" needs 430 more. Jesus 1 billion is hard lol.