Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

1 hour ago, fmpro said:

Tickets just got available i Denmark at 10 AM. system is crashing big time. Highest demand ever for a movie in 1st hour presale. Even national news sites are reporting about it 

Three hours later and it's still a disaster LMAO

JqpphVF.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 4

3 hours ago, peludo said:

You have to take into account, as @Charlie Jatinder has said, that Endgame is opening everywhere. Those $640m were made without China and Russia. Adding both countries, IW opening was $860m. So Endgame has to make $140m more than Infinity War (+16%). It will be hard (even more with worse exchange rates), but I think it is not so crazy as one could think.

Russian release date is Monday April 29. 

• Thanks 1

I see that all (a lot?) the charts do it per weekend date, but to me the more logical way would be to add all OWs of all regions/countries a movie gets released in, up to the ww OW.

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Russian release date is Monday April 29. 

I do not know why I had asumed it was a worldwide release. Do you know if there is any reason for this delay? Basically because it seems strange to release on Monday (beyond the closeness to May 1st).

Anyway, Endgame has to make $160m more than Infinity War in the same territories (IW OW markets+China) to reach the billion OW WW.

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I see that all (a lot?) the charts do it per weekend date, but to me the more logical way would be to add all OWs of all regions/countries a movie gets released in, up to the ww OW.

Yes, that would the most logical thing, but imagine how crazy would become these forums if on Sunday 28th we see the billion :stretcher:

• Astonished 2

It really feels like EG is getting that DH2 bounce. Now of course, DH1 was much smaller than IW, and EG doesn’t get to move from a November release to a July release like DH2 did, but I can still see it doing half the increase DH2 did (percentage wise). That would give us these numbers....

$55m Thursday previews

$76m True Friday

$86.5m Saturday 

$76.4m Sunday

$293.9m Dom. OW

$776m Dom. Total 

$1.059b Worldwide Opening

$2.454b Worldwide Total 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

It really feels like EG is getting that DH2 bounce. Now of course, DH1 was much smaller than IW, and EG doesn’t get to move from a November release to a July release like DH2 did, but I can still see it doing half the increase DH2 did (percentage wise). That would give us these numbers....

$55m Thursday previews

$76m True Friday

$86.5m Saturday 

$76.4m Sunday

$293.9m Dom. OW

$776m Dom. Total 

$2.454b Worldwide Total 

Well if it happens(probably not) with this ER it will be more impressive than Avatar 

Infinity War is the biggest superhero / comic book movie in Poland (after 1989). Endgame is gonna be MUCH BIGGER. I believe we can do $9-10 mln.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Infinity War opened with 640M WW.  I don’t think it increases so heavily that it reaches a billion in one weekend.

I mean, I haven’t been tracking presales all too heavily.

:Venom: ignorance... Also in pikachu thread you were saying if Endgame broke ticketing sites then pika pika will break world... Don't you get tired of setting expectations too high

UK press junket is today.

I always feel sorry for the actors having to sit there and answer the same questions for hours 

51 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

$55m Thursday previews

$76m True Friday

$86.5m Saturday 

$76.4m Sunday

$293.9m Dom. OW

$776m Dom. Total 

$2.454b Worldwide Total 

DH2 had 3D price advantage over DH1.

43% of the opening gross came from 3D, and 60% for OS gross. 

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

(semi xpost with the Tracking thread)

Avengers: Endgame Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-16 Days and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

76.79%

Total Showings Added Today:            2

Total Seats Added Today:              160

Total Seats Sold Today:                  144 (see note below)

OTHER COMPS:

Reveal hidden contents

WEEKEND INFO: (all IW information is for 17 days before release)

Fri:   0 sellouts/279 showings  [IW: 0/214]

Sat:  0 sellouts/277 showings  [IW: 0/215]

Sun: 0 sellouts/267 showings  [IW: 0/209]

Sellouts:  11/223 (nc/+2)  [2D: 11/179 (nc/+2) | 3D: 0/44]

I enjoy reading your updates, but one thing I would start looking at if I was you is deeper into the weekend.

At my local theaters just about showing that starts 10 PM is 99% sold out for premeire (save for handicap seats and maybe 1 or 2 random seats per showing), most of all available seats are midnight and beyond which makes sense because it is still a weeknight. 

People are seeing the good seats and times are now gone for Thursdays and what I have noticed is Friday and Saturday ticket sales have really picked up  the last few days. I think people are catching on that if they want to see it at all opening weekend (and thus not be spoiled by co-workers or other students if in school) they need to reserve a seat.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/avengers-endgame-advance-ticket-sales-set-new-record-1200866

Marvel and Disney's Avengers: Endgame has sold more advance ticket sales in its first week than Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the previous Fandango record holder. And it's outpacing Avengers: Infinity War 5 to 1.

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 6

28 minutes ago, Horner said:

D3yadg7XoAE3LsO.jpg:large

I typically do not look closely to promo material, is there a change?