Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

Scarlett, on the fear of revealing spoilers: “I’m gonna have PTSD from this [press tour.] I mean, honestly, it is so stressful. At the end of every day, I lie awake at night and I think about all the things I almost said. It gives me panic.”

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I typically do not look closely to promo material, is there a change?

Hawkeye is shockingly bigger on the poster than Iron Man and most of other characters! :mouthdropped:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

... Marvel and Disney's Avengers: Endgame has sold more advance ticket sales in its first week than Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the previous Fandango record holder. And it's outpacing Avengers: Infinity War 5 to 1. ...

“I wouldn’t be surprised to see a record amount of fans reporting sick to work or taking the day off on Friday because they’ll be attending opening day screenings," Fandango managing editor Erik Davis says.

The tentpole has a shot at scoring the biggest domestic opening in history, beating Infinity War ($257.6 million) and Disney and Lucasfilm's Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($248 million). It's also poised to shatter the global record set by Infinity War ($640.5 million) with a worldwide launch of $800 million or more.

The big question mark — Endgame runs three hours and one minute, the longest of any MCU title and meaning one fewer showtime a day, on average (Infinity War was two hours and 29 minutes). Disney and Marvel will try to compensate by booking as many screens as possible within any given multiplex.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

Hawkeye is shockingly bigger on the poster than Iron Man and most of other characters! :mouthdropped:

had they the stick things in older posters in their hands already?

Posted (edited)

So we know presales have grown a lot in the last 4 years, so we have to take it beating TFA with a grain of salt.

However, there’s also more competition in the presale market thanks to AMC A-List and Atom. So the fact that it’s breaking numbers across all of these sites is staggering.

Edited by VenomXXR

Here they report they 'overpowered ' her security too.

Scarlett Johansson is calling on lawmakers to more strictly regulate paparazzi after being "pursued dangerously and stalked" Monday night. 

After leaving a taping of "Jimmy Kimmel Live" that night, Johansson recounted in a statement to USA TODAY how she was followed by "five cars full of men with blacked-out windows who were running red lights and putting other drivers and pedestrians at risk so they could follow me to find out where I was staying and subsequently stalk me and my young daughter for the duration of my stay. … All of this is perfectly legal."

Her car made a stop at the Hollywood police station where she alerted officers to the incident but did not file a police report, according to Los Angeles TV stations ABC7 and NBC4. 

She later headed home safely and without injury, but cited Princess Diana's death as a worst-case scenario example of the "lawless" and "criminal" acts paparazzi go through to get photos and information about celebrities. 

"I felt it was my duty as a concerned citizen who was being pursued dangerously and stalked to go to the local precinct and seek guidance there," said Johansson, urging others who feel similarly threatened to do the same. 

"Women across the US are stalked, harassed and frightened and a universal law to address stalking must be at the forefront of law enforcement conversations," she added. "Until paparazzi are considered by the law for the criminal stalkers they are, it’s just a waiting game before another person gets seriously injured or killed, like Princess Diana."

picked the one that looked to be the most recent - 12 hours

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/04/09/scarlett-johansson-ok-after-paparazzi-scare/3408905002/

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Here they report they 'overpowered ' her security too.

picked the one that looked to be the most recent - 12 hours

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2019/04/09/scarlett-johansson-ok-after-paparazzi-scare/3408905002/

That was the FBI. Marvel has them surveilling the actors to avoid spoilers.

• Haha 2
  • Not Cool 1

15 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

So we know presales have grown a lot in the last 4 years, so we have to take it beating TFA with a grain of salt.

However, there’s also more competition in the presale market thanks to AMC A-List and Atom. So the fact that it’s breaking numbers across all of these sites is staggering.

Last year, Infinity War didn't even beat Rogue One's presales.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I typically do not look closely to promo material, is there a change?

cap wears his old costume (avengers 1?)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Last year, Infinity War didn't even beat Rogue One's presales.

This is true. I’m trying to extrapolate a method for estimating the numbers. 

If we give IW first week presales a score of 100 and Endgame a 500 (based on Fandango’s announcement), this is what I’m thinking...

1. Endgame — 500

2. Force Awakens — 375

3. Last Jedi — 300

4. Rogue One — 150

5. Infinity War — 100

Edited by VenomXXR

Since I haven't seen Cap Marvel I guess it's time to duck out of the thread for a few days.

• Astonished 1

Reddit is inventing new theories to kill Captain Marvel in Avengers Endgame 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, Matthew said:

I stopped subscribing to the marvel studios sub ages ago they’re annoying as fuck

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AndyK said:

So that's why IW felt so clunky, EG should be a lot smoother because they could devote more time to it. I guess that may be reflected in the RT score.

Clunky? IW is the crown jewel of the MCU. Kevin Feige's Mona Lisa.

13 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Does she crawl into Thanos' butthole too?

8 hours ago, AndyK said:

So that's why IW felt so clunky, EG should be a lot smoother because they could devote more time to it. I guess that may be reflected in the RT score.

Critics dont know shit 

IW has the highest audience ratings for a Marvel I think lol 

• Like 1