Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

2 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Clunky? IW is the crown jewel of the MCU. Kevin Feige's Mona Lisa.

:bravo:

so EG will be his Last Supper? :thinking:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Nero said:

:Venom: ignorance... Also in pikachu thread you were saying if Endgame broke ticketing sites then pika pika will break world... Don't you get tired of setting expectations too high

thanks everyone for quoting my post 6 times to tell me that 1 billion worldwide in a few days is actually a perfectly rational and reasonable goal to have, i got the memo the first few times.

lmao if you took my Pikachu post seriously btw.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Not Cool 1

I might take a leave from work to see this lol. 

This is going to break records here in the Philippines. Might be the first 20 M grosser ever.

• Like 5
  • Astonished 3

33 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

$300m+ opening weekend seems a given at this point 

And it had started. The other side of over-prediction: the reverse psychology of faux expectation to retrospectively declare failure later on.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I don't think IW was clunky at all, maybe a bit overstuffed given the sheer number of major characters but personally I felt like the flow was quite good for a 2.5hr movie with 84 things going on.

• Like 3

The one thing I want from this film is a proper conclusion for the original Avengers (Hulk, Black Widow, Cap, Iron Man, Hawkeye and Thor).

Deliver on the name of the film please :) 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Infinity War opened with 640M WW.  I don’t think it increases so heavily that it reaches a billion in one weekend.

I mean, I haven’t been tracking presales all too heavily, but come on, do people really think this is likely to increase 360M from IW’s worldwide opening?  I wouldn’t say it’s impossible, but a lot of things aren’t impossible

I dont know why anyone hasnt answered you yet but IW did not open in China at the same time but Endgame will so the jump required is not so high. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Not Cool 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

I dont know why anyone hasnt answered you yet but IW did not open in China at the same time but Endgame will so the jump required is not so high. 

so what markets EG won't open day and date? Only Japan?

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The one thing I want from this film is a proper conclusion for the original Avengers (Hulk, Black Widow, Cap, Iron Man, Hawkeye and Thor).

Deliver on the name of the film please :) 

I don't want it to be Thor and Hulk's last MCU movie though. I want a Thor 4 with those 2 characters.

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

so what markets EG won't open day and date? Only Japan?

Russia opens the monday after OW. 

Posted (edited)
Just now, ZeeSoh said:

Ah, OK, so smashing 1B WW within 5-7 days is doable.

Edited by Valonqar

5 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

What a random opening day lmao

6 minutes ago, UserHN said:

I don't want it to be Thor and Hulk's last MCU movie though. I want a Thor 4 with those 2 characters.

Hmm I wonder if the actors are interested in continuing though. 

I do like that the press for this centres around the main and original Avengers team. The character pile on last time overwhelmed the film, IMO. 

10 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Thanks for finally being the first person to respond to my post with information that hasn’t been said to me multiple times.  This was a very helpful post that I’m glad was finally explained to me.  anyway i’m still not convinced lmao lower your expectations guys

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Thanks for finally being the first person to respond to my post with information that hasn’t been said to me multiple times.  This was a very helpful post that I’m glad was finally explained to me.  anyway i’m still not convinced lmao lower your expectations guys

$1b might not happen but $900m seems to be the floor. 

Also, it’s an interesting take to stand behind if you haven’t been tracking presales which are breaking records in essentially every market on the planet.

Edited by VenomXXR
  • Like 3

it just hit me that this is most likely gonna be the last time all 6 original avengers are gonna be doing press. omg im emotional my pussy is crying

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Also, it’s a interesting take to stand behind if you haven’t been tracking presales which are breaking records in essentially ever market on the planet.

I am part of the $900M-$1B WW OW party but how frontloaded will Endgame be is the question for $1B? Sure sales are through the roof but for all we know, it could just be more of a fan rush than normal.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Also, it’s a interesting take to stand behind if you haven’t been tracking presales which are breaking records in essentially ever market on the planet.

My "interesting take" boils down to people should stop setting their expectations so high because they're going to be disappointed if this does """only""" 900M worldwide opening or something.

Also, the last time I trusted presales to make an insane prediction, I predicted 100M OW for Us.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I am part of the $900M-$1B WW OW party but how frontloaded will Endgame be is the question for $1B? Sure sales are through the rough but for all we know, it could just be more of a fan rush than normal.

It’s definitely more rush than normal, but if you look at anecdotal evidence it tells me that it can’t all be fan rush, given the increases we’re seeing. 

Obviously it wont do double what IW did or anything, but a 20% increase isn’t hard to fathom.