Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

Since I haven't seen Cap Marvel I guess it's time to duck out of the thread for a few days.

Guess it’s time to see Captain Marvel. You’ve only got 16 days left ;) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

so what markets EG won't open day and date? Only Japan?

Isn’t EG open on 26 April in Japan ?

It was casually suggested that $300 million opening weekend was a given. That would be an INSANE number.

Anything above the best opening weekend ever would be remarkable.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Also, the last time I trusted presales to make an insane OW prediction, I predicted 100M for Us

Yea but that was really your fault lol. The data said in the $70-80m range and you took it to $100m. It was tracking right around Halloween most of the way and that’s what happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I am part of the $900M-$1B WW OW party but how frontloaded will Endgame be is the question for $1B? Sure sales are through the roof but for all we know, it could just be more of a fan rush than normal.

Of course but all depends about the quality of the film 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

I typically do not look closely to promo material, is there a change?

The first real unambiguous nod to the Quantum tunnel from AM&TW being a key element.

• Like 1

Just now, VenomXXR said:

Yea but that was really your fault lol. The data said in the $70-80m range and you took it to $100m. It was tracking right around Halloween most of the way and that’s what happened. 

Fandango presales comps in the tracking thread suggested an opening in the 90M range, with some comps suggesting 100M+.  Please don't give me this revisionist history.  That film's performance was a clear example of how presales have become far more prevalent now.

Either way, that wasn't my point.  My point is that it's much more preferable to set your expectations low and be pleasantly surprised, as opposed to setting yourself up for disappointment when you expect an insane number like 1B worldwide opening.

6 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Guess it’s time to see Captain Marvel. You’ve only got 16 days left ;) 

Give it a few days.

The Universe conspired against me over the past month.

• Astonished 1

Posted (edited)

Is there any possible scenes on EG that could trigger a TLJ-like reaction from the fans? Because that is the reaction that I fear the most.

Edited by UserHN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, UserHN said:

Is there any possible scenes on EG that could trigger a TLJ-like reaction from the fans? 

Unless Cap tries to kill his nephew in his sleep and then just fucks off, doubt it!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

My "interesting take" boils down to people should stop setting their expectations so high because they're going to be disappointed if this does """only""" 900M worldwide opening or something.

Also, the last time I trusted presales to make an insane prediction, I predicted 100M OW for Us.

Wait. You are the guy who predicted $100mn for US and point fingers on me saying $1Bn weekend for Endgame. Huh.

PS. Don't take it hard way.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Ah, OK, so smashing 1B WW within 5-7 days is doable.

1B WW is probably locked with 6 days. 

IW did $840m EG will surely do a decent amount extra take in to account that DOM will add $26m on monday, 120m Yuan on monday (about 18m USD)

+ Russia OD the monday is probably looking at $80m +

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Wait. You are the guy who predicted $100mn for US and point fingers on me saying $1Bn weekend for Endgame. Huh.

Yes, that was the movie that made me realize I need to stop overpredicting movies just because I get excited for them

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, pepsa said:

1B WW is probably locked with 6 days. 

IW did $840m EG will surely do a decent amount extra take in to account that DOM will add $26m on monday, 120m Yuan on monday (about 18m USD)

+ Russia OD the monday is probably looking at $80m +

excellent! 

4 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Who here hasn’t overpredicted a movie? For god sakes I once thought The Star was going to do near $200M DOM.

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Yes, that was the movie that made me realize I need to stop overpredicting movies just because I get excited for them

then thats your problem bc we know that 1 bill ow for endgame is not locked

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Who here hasn’t overpredicted a movie? For god sakes I once thought The Star was going to do near $200M DOM.

I think my worst overprediction was for Solo. Missed the 3-day by a 47% overshoot. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Fandango presales comps in the tracking thread suggested an opening in the 90M range, with some comps suggesting 100M+.  Please don't give me this revisionist history.  That film's performance was a clear example of how presales have become far more prevalent now.

Either way, that wasn't my point.  My point is that it's much more preferable to set your expectations low and be pleasantly surprised, as opposed to setting yourself up for disappointment when you expect an insane number like 1B worldwide opening.

There was an article a few days/weeks back which I now cannot find that said presales have jumped about 18-20% in the last year itself. 

This tidbit should be kept in mind when comparing Endgame’s presales numbers to movie like Black Panther/Infinity War or even older movies. You need to adjust your numbers by at least that much. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

There was an article a few days/weeks back which I now cannot find that said presales have jumped about 18-20% in the last year itself. 

This tidbit should be kept in mind when comparing Endgame’s presales numbers to movie like Black Panther/Infinity War or even older movies. You need to adjust your numbers by at least that much. 

So instead of 5x Infinity War, it’s 4x 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, BlitheringEdiot said:

Really good interview this one

I'll miss this team and think they'll remain the best. None of new characters so far has Tony/Cap/Thor potential, sorry.