Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

@ViewerAnon

You're the infamous JL plot leaker on r/dceuleak

Can you tell us anything about what you heard about Endgame? (No spoilers, is it amazing?) 

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

It gets REALLY annoying:

this is NOT the DC / TDK whatever thread!

But Dr. Terrestrial, I'm CIA... 

Edited by rerga
  • Not Cool 1

in china, why did IW make most of its money on OW?  do they only let foreign movies play for a few weeks?

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

in china, why did IW make most of its money on OW?  do they only let foreign movies play for a few weeks?

Chinese box office is just very frontloaded for the most part.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

China allows usually /there are exceptions) 4 weeks, also there the cinema owners decide on a daily basis which movie gets which sized room and which screentimes

= audience tends to rush in, you never know if a few days later a movie is even to see at a ~ convenient time or at all

And.... major differences

IW had also a longer OW I think

8 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

IW had also a longer OW I think

It was a 3 day OW for Infinity War.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

It was a 3 day OW for Infinity War.

I mixed it up with the midnights BOM for some ??? reason does not add to the Chinese OW.

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

94 hours to go. 

the same :) (some minutes less)

Edited by terrestrial

9 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Lol Not tragic at all. I'm not sure how anyone could watch The Guardians movies and not at least acknowledge the dramatic moments feel genuine. I mean, that moment towards the end of the first movie when Peter listens to the tape his mom left, teary-eyed, Gamora walks up and he smiles...that's more poignant than any moment I've ever seen with Evans as Cap.

This. I don't see any actor today who can play Quill better than Pratt.

Thor had gold casting but I can possibly think of other actors who could play as good or better than Hems.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

the same :) (some minutes less)

You have to allow for the trailers. 

Anyway, not for me personally. I’m seeing it after work. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I mixed it up with the midnights BOM for some ??? reason does not add to the Chinese OW.

Thanks to some of the experts on BOT, I've learned that BOM can be very unreliable. I didn't know they didn't add China midnights until 2 days ago :P

• Like 1

Just under 164 hours to go for me. I've got a 2:00PM IMAX showing on the 26th.

7 hours ago, AhmiiZafii said:

Best Chris is

JESUS "CHRIS" T

He is the one I serve.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Thanks to some of the experts on BOT, I've learned that BOM can be very unreliable. I didn't know they didn't add China midnights until 2 days ago :P

I only had in the back of my mind that it was more than the 3 days, as this time there are holidays....

Totall understandable. I do not know why they add it for dom, but not for China, seem not to be logical.

BOM is also not good with other OS details. :unsure:

5 hours ago, eddyxx said:

The dinos are the stars of the JW franchise. Not Pratt.

Avatar would have made 4 billion if they had casted Pratt in 2007

Edited by Bordlove

14 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

You have to allow for the trailers. 

Anyway, not for me personally. I’m seeing it after work. 

Trailers.... yes, usually.

But not for midnights, at least not the usual amount.

Not sure for the moment, but I think there was at least once none at all, maybe one or two for the other midnights. Didn't so much of those in recent years.

Have to ask my son in ~ 17 hours, when he is back and I still remember to ask. He looks out for such things, I hear audio-books during trailers the last few years during normal screening times, at the countryside here they started to show way more trailers for games whatever than movie trailer = boring for me. Not counting for the big city cinemas we visit also if possible.

Have a lot of fun then! (just in case)

2 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

@Shawn I was just cruious, what went into the decision to give Endgame that range instead of a specific target number?

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-tracking-men-in-black-international-shaft-avengers-endgame-updated-tracking/

Unprecedented tracking numbers across the board. I really think we could see our first $300M earner in one week, but I equally think it's at least very possible Endgame is behaving like a Star Wars movie more than a big Marvel movie in terms of pre-sales. That latter argument is becoming harder to defend by the day, though.

And if it doesn't hit $300M, no one should be disappointed by that. It's going to set the record either way.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3