Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

1 hour ago, Avatree said:

Why can't I just have a 85 minute MCU film

1 minute for every dollar it will make on opening weekend?

I hope someone gives Feige a hot chocolate and a nice blanket considering all the stress he must have gone through to get a Herculean task like this accomplished.
22 films. A rotating door of directors and writers. All leading up to a 3 hour finale.
Absolutely incredible that this even worked, let alone worked as well as it has so far.

Posted (edited)

They really went and did it. Did not feel like 3 hours at all, what a brilliantly executed finale that really is blockbuster filmmaking with a capital B. Films like The Winter Soldier, Logan and Nolan's Batman trilogy can be argued to be shy of their comic book roots and attempt to be above it. Endgame's biggest achievement is managing to have it both ways, and throw in well-placed fan service capping 11 years off on top. There is only one aspect that I'm currently unsure about that I'll have to reassess on rewatch, won't give it away here...  And really - just see it first, before anything else...bring on tomorrow back to back with Infinity War.

Notes - minor not really spoilers (PLS TELL ME TO DELETE IF YOU THINK THIS COUNTS) but for those asking if there are post credits scenes

there are none. Will know for sure though soon as public shows in Australia/NZ about to begin

- Rankings at the moment: best MCU film? My personal feeling is TWS and IM3 may just top it but that's just personal preference. Better than IW? Different beast, in fact ENDGAME is making me appreciate the earlier film's slightly more experimental approach.

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

quick question MCU stans.

Did Peter Parker move from Civil War to Spider-Man Homecoming? I feel like his bedroom in Homecoming was bigger? Or different.

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

quick question MCU stans.

Did Peter Parker move from Civil War to Spider-Man Homecoming? I feel like his bedroom in Homecoming was bigger? Or different.

Different sets

I think this thread is going to pretty deserted by Sunday. If one half of the recently leaked stuff if true, everybody is going to want to talk about the film in detail, and the action will move to the Spoiler thread. I think if not exactly divisive, I think there is going be a lot of disagreement about some of what goes on.

So the critic who wrote the negative sounding Irish review that was posted earlier chose to mark it fresh on RT...interesting.

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I sort of liked DR Strange. Of course I am a huge fan of the Master of the Mystic Arts in the comics, and did not think all of the changes worked very well. But I really liked Cumbernatch as Strange,and thought of the some effect were good. Not bad, but they could have done a lot better.

One criticism:Stephan Strange was much more a obnoxious AHole in the comics before his enligthement then he was in the movie. He made Tony Stark in the first scenes of "Iron Man" look like a humanitarian in the selfish,greedy, department.

And for fans of the comics, the "Shocker" in the post credit sequence could not have been less of a surprise. Mordo has been more or less Dr Strange's # 1 Human Enemy from the second of the Ditko Dr Strange stories back in 1962 on.

I prefer the movie's characterization. Making him too unlikable makes it harder to believe his change of character and harder to sympathize with him. Another example I can think of is when Hitchcock changed Norman Bates from a fat, middle-aged man to a normal-looking young man, which I think drastically improved the movie.

• Like 1

"Endgame spends too much time wallowing in its own pompous mythology."

- Donald from Irish Times

Go fuck yourself Donald!

• Haha 1
  • Not Cool 2

Just now, rerga said:

"Endgame spends too much time wallowing in its own pompous mythology."

- Donald from Irish Times

Go fuck yourself Donald!

Pretty sure he’s seen the movie.

• Like 1