Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

10 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

It's interesting they opted for no post credit scene.

because it's the end of an era so it would be cheap to shill upcoming movies and because OG cast signatures is really something else. amazing tribute. 

Edited by Valonqar

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think if I find something truly surprising about the reviews it's that some are saying it can work well for the uninitiated as a standalone too. Now that will be one crazy achievement if true. 

Yeah that's some wacky sorcery if true. I imagine you have to at least see Infinity War right lmao

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

Certified Fresh with 85 reviews and back at 98% FRESH!

Civil War was 95% at 92 reviews. Ended at 91%

Thor Ragnarok was 96% at 90 reviews. Ended at 92%

Black Panther was 98% at 83 reviews. Ended at 97%

Infinity War was 86% at 96 reviews. Ended at 85%

Endgame is at 98% at 85 reviews.

If 97%-98% can hold through the next 10 reviews, I feel confident in saying this will not drop below 94%

2 minutes ago, RealCaptMarvel said:

bye bye avatar's record yay marvel

Domestic maybe, and that would be good enough for me as its still by far the most important market.  OS gross comparisons are wonky as fuck due to constant market expansions/changing exchange rates and we all know Avatar benefited greatly from a historically shitty dollar.

1 hour ago, nick64 said:

He gave Serenity, Peppermint, and Death Wish fresh reviews :hahaha:

Serenity is good, it has a genuinely solid first half and then the twist is so absolutely batshit insane that it keeps you invested even though it makes no goddamn sense whatsoever

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

because it's the end of an era so it would be cheap to shill upcoming movies and because OG cast signatures is really something else. amazing tribute. 

Shades of ST VI: The Undiscovered Country. 👍

8 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Many are wondering if Stark will somehow return given how simply absurd it is to kill the character off with deserved happiness so within his grasp. Will be interesting 

I think he will remain Dead.  They don’t need him anymore 

Edited by John Marston

K. So critics can have their opinion, and not everyone will neccessarily like Endgame. 

But the 2 negative reviews out of the 82 so far on rotten tomatoes. Went through their history of reviews. Both didnt like Infinity war (so there was that) but one of them also didnt like Mission Impossible Fallout! I love marvel, and even i think Infinity War was below MI-F , but in general, to not enjoy that movie, makes me think im almost happy the 1 gave a negative review for Endgame, because it makes me think ill enjoy it even more. 

There was literally only 11 negative reviews for fallout counted on Rotten tomatoes. And is guy is in that small group. 

So ya. Take that as you will. 

Edited by longtimereader
Update
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Not Cool 1

We don't have to witch hunt every critic that didn't like what is, so far, a universally beloved spectacle. 

• Like 6
  • ...wtf 1

11 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Many are wondering if Stark will somehow return given how simply absurd it is to kill the character off with deserved happiness so within his grasp. Will be interesting 

you are one whiney man child 

• Haha 1

That... was not really what I expected. I don't mean that in a bad way but I am curious as to what the response will be.

• Like 4
  • Astonished 4

I thought about making a post before the embargo dropped asking people to not go on witch hunts of critic’s previous ratings if one doesn’t like Endgame before I thought “nah too presumptuous” and then without fail there’s already people going on witch hunts of critic’s previous ratings because they didn’t like Endgame

Just now, TMP said:

We don't have to witch hunt every critic that didn't like what is, so far, a universally beloved spectacle. 

I agree, and i even state that upfront...But if you are going to say, that the 2 most loved movies of the past 2 years. Infinity War and Mission Impossible Fallout, and now Endgame, are bad movies. I start to question your ability at doing your job. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1

I think for RDJ, this is it and likely for Chris Evans too. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Until you see it, blame me on making it sound like mess. I really think it makes sense when you see it. 

I have no expectations that a movie with time travel will make sense.  But it seems like there's either no effort put into reconciling the paradoxes created or they've done an alternate reality thing which is truly terrible because it means they punted on their original universe...or maybe both.

1 minute ago, longtimereader said:

I agree, and i even state that upfront...But if you are going to say, that the 2 most loved movies of the past 2 years. Infinity War and Mission Impossible Fallout, and now Endgame, are bad movies. I start to question your ability at doing your job. 

yeah that critic is a hack like everyone who hates marvel

• Not Cool 1

Just now, longtimereader said:

You could...not get this upset over someone’s opinion when they presumably have well-founded reasons for holding their own opinion.  This isn’t a failure of their ability to do their job.  This just means you happen to disagree with their assessment of the movie.  Grow up lol

• Not Cool 1

I wish they could have given a hint on mutants suddenly being created with something they did in the past while time traveling. Oh well. 

2 minutes ago, longtimereader said:

Yeah Mi6 was definitely in my top 3 of this decade for action movies.

• Like 1