Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

Just now, Valonqar said:

so do American critics. 98% RT from 85 reviews and 79 on MC. Now no one can say China likes shit. This is a certified great movie, folks.

The thing is, RT critic score could diverge from Cinemascore or audience score. However, Maoyan is pure audience score in China. So a 9.2 in Maoyan means audiences love this movie in China. We don't know yet if US audiences will also love this, knowing that there's a meltdown in Reddit right now.

In order for this to outgross Avatar it will need both a beyond record breaking OW and great legs.

Its getting the first.  Early signs show that the second is possible, but way too soon to say.

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, UserHN said:

The thing is, RT critic score could diverge from Cinemascore or audience score. However, Maoyan is pure audience score in China. So a 9.2 in Maoyan means audiences love this movie in China. We don't know yet if US audiences will also love this, knowing that there's a meltdown in Reddit right now.

That’s because reading a likely hastily written plot summary it’s easy to focus on the plot holes the time travel thing creates, but it looks like once you watch it on the big screen you will be swept in 

I posted my comment in the international thread, but I'll post it here too.

Just finished my 5AM show. It was crazy because as I got out from the theater, I saw a lot of cameras from different media and TV and some reporters lol. I was like, whoa am I on TV? Will my boss find out? 😅 Wish I took some pictures.

Anyway, the movie. WOW! It's the biggest, craziest, most epic, and one of the best superhero movies ever!! Lots and lots of emotion. You think you know the story. But you don't. We will never EVER have something like this again. Well, at least for a very long time. Can't wait to see it again. I will travel to the UK for a week, so maybe after that.

• Astonished 4

I know it’s completely irrational, but I am not dealing well when a new negative comes in. 

It’s like when you show your newborn to friends and 97% say how beautiful the baby is. You’re still tempted to look at the outlier like, “What’s up, punk ass?”

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

That would be interesting.

I wonder if they have plans for Wanda in future MCU films. I think losing Vision and her brother might make her unstable which has happened in the comics and make her warp reality which happened in House of M, 

They definitely do imo.

• Like 1

Best reaction from audience I’ve seen so far: Though it’s a franchise based on comic books, but Avengers: Endgame make the whole MCU beyond the Marvel comic book & create something only belong to this Cinematic Universe. Yes, it’s safe to say MCU has a higher status than Marvel comic books.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 4

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

More Disney checks 

Who cares? As long as they are serving quality films!

I won’t be surprised if this get nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars. They might just do nominate it to get more viewers it worked with Black Panther last year. 

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

That’s because reading a likely hastily written plot summary it’s easy to focus on the plot holes the time travel thing creates, but it looks like once you watch it on the big screen you will be swept in 

When it comes to time travel, it's hard to focus on anything other than the plot holes.  This is gonna be one of those movie where 2 hours after I'm done watching it I'm still going to be bitching about all the problems. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Porthos said:

If one believes the rumors from Manabyte, it's might be (possible spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

I could see that since Apocalypse is their ancient enemy and he is involved in the creation of mutants if I remember correctly. But would Disney reboot him so quickly?

12 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

I know it’s completely irrational, but I am not dealing well when a new negative comes in. 

It’s like when you show your newborn to friends and 97% say how beautiful the baby is. You’re still tempted to look at the outlier like, “What’s up, punk ass?”

I'm just imagining a Liar Liar situation, where you show them the baby, and they're like, "Aww... I've seen better."

• Haha 2

A MASTERPIECE! Thank you Russo Brothers for those 3 epic hours. I laughed, cried and cheered and can't wait to see it again.

This will make ALL the money. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

So, is Thor a new member of the Guardians of the Galaxy?

It seems they're hinting at a GOTG 3 featuring Thor.

35 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

India, which I thought has touched ceiling with IW is looking for $9mn OD and $27mn weekend comparer to $18mn of IW. China is looking like will do $525mn range (+49%). USA shall be able to gross $500mn after weekend that will be giving $815mn+ (+20%).

Indonesia is looking to double up already huge IW.

All this, I expect OS to be around $1350-1400mn (+35-40%). 

Adding the higher limit we have 2800mn, lower limit at 2600mn+

Out of reactions but WOW! I mean, I've become aware of some of these tidbits but I haven't gotten around to actually putting the numbers together and doing the math.

The one thing I still think is 100% safe is Star Wars: The Force Awakens domestic. It had the one thing Endgame doesn't have in its own perfect storm: that coveted mid-December slot.

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Everything in me right now wants to say this can make a run for $1b DOM if it's that good, but some tiny semblance of sanity is regrettably nagging at me. But this will be our last shot for anything to do that in a long long time. 

Endgame domestic > Captain Marvel worldwide 

• Haha 1