Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

13 minutes ago, catlover said:

From what I understand, the snapped ones reappear, reunite with the unsnapped, and then Strange brings them together through the portals he creates.

When do the snapped ones come back though?  As soon as the first stone is taken from the past?

4 minutes ago, Heroicpiglet said:

please give your review if i'm not asking too much. You said it could be divisive 

Hmmm, hard to say without spoiling. Like, I really don't want to say anything remotely spoilery plus it depends on your favourite characters and a whole bunch of other stuff. But I also felt the same about IW initially and people loved that (as well as myself when I finally had time to process it), so take that as you will.

The one thing I will say is the callbacks are off the fuckin' charts, I don't think I've seen something reference previous movies so damn hard and as a big MCU nerd I really loved seeing all of them. There's definitely a whole separate layer of appreciation diehards will get when watching this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, Gamora said:

Sad of course. But thinking about it now I'm a bit confused about what happened with the Gamora that came back in time, we didn't see her on the ship so did she get snapped away by Tony? I really don't know.

Maybe she just went away since she didn't really know the guardians. Was Nebula at the funeral? If she wasn't then maybe Gamora is with her now somewhere.

8 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

He's exceptionally impressive. A total game changer, much like Endgame. 

Its crazy!! He is earning, on average, almost triple what Ken Jennings did during his run of 72. I honestly dont know whats more crazy. What endgame is doing or what he is doing. 

About to watch Dr. Strange. A better movie many people here give it credit for.

• Like 3

I really wish they would release a big Avengers style MCU movie in December.  Could you imagine how much of a beast this would be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gamora said:

The one thing I will say is the callbacks are off the fuckin' charts, I don't think I've seen something reference previous movies so damn hard and as a big MCU nerd I really loved seeing all of them.

I'm quoting you here in the SPOILER THREAD, Gamora, for an obvious reason:

For one thing, it would appear that Thor aimed for the head this time. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

About to watch Dr. Strange. A better movie many people here give it credit for.

3rd Act is one of the best of the MCU

• Like 2

From my point of view.. 

LISTEN TO NOBODY, TALK TO NOBODY 

Just go and see the damn movie, you will not be disappointed. 

There is nothing divisive. Some insane fans might find something but for me movie was wholesome. 

I cried 4 times during the movie. I cried once before and that was during 12 years a slave. 

This movie is fantastic. 😭😭😭😭😭

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, catlover said:

Maybe she just went away since she didn't really know the guardians. Was Nebula at the funeral? If she wasn't then maybe Gamora is with her now somewhere.

I know the Guardians were at the funeral but I can't recall if Nebula was. There's just so damn much to take in it's going to take several rewatches to even be able to start recalling a lot of details. But if she did end up sticking around it feels kinda similar to Groot now that I think about it. Original Groot died in GotG and Baby Groot is totally separate, so if this Gamora stuck around the character would still be here but a different version of her.

1 minute ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

3rd Act is one of the best of the MCU

One of the most creative? Sure. One of the best? Eh, jury's still out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gamora said:

I know the Guardians were at the funeral but I can't recall if Nebula was. There's just so damn much to take in it's going to take several rewatches to even be able to start recalling a lot of details. But if she did end up sticking around it feels kinda similar to Groot now that I think about it. Original Groot died in GotG and Baby Groot is totally separate, so if this Gamora stuck around the character would still be here but a different version of her.

Gamora is there, I have heard before this movie came out that GOTG3 will focus on Rocket and Gamora. 

I think they will find her. 

Also, ZOE SALDANA IS HELLA BUSY. SHE HAS AVATAR SEQUELS LINED UP. 

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

One of the most creative? Sure. One of the best? Eh, jury's still out.

Thor Ragnarok has the best 3rd act. 

With reviews and WOM from China and SK I think this has got a very good shot at the A+ Cinemascore. And with that kind of WOM we could be looking at truly unbelievable numbers

• Like 1

Just now, MadmenEndgame said:

Thor Ragnarok has the best 3rd act. 

No. It was a shitfest and one of the most underwhelming 3rd acts (from a really promising 1st and 2nd act).

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

With reviews and WOM from China and SK I think this has got a very good shot at the A+ Cinemascore. And with that kind of WOM we could be looking at truly unbelievable numbers

A+ is all but guaranteed. Believe me. I have never seen comic book come to life like this. 

I thought I was dreaming. 

Edited by MadmenEndgame
  • Astonished 1

5 hours ago, dudalb said:

Could be one of the best screen deaths sincethe climax of  "El Cid" which IMHO is the best "Death of a Hero" sequence ever donw.

Loved that movie, not a fan of the lead

5 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Do Hawkeye or Falcon get anything interesting to do?

Hawkeye gets to show he can do way more than only shoot arrows. Finally!!! Quite some screen time

Falcon has a fightscene detail I didn't expected and later a few scenes

2 hours ago, ZackM said:

Do the dusted people get snapped back into existence, or do they just reappear once the first stone has been stolen from the past?  Wouldn't stealing any of the stones and bringing it to the future immediately negate everything that happened in IW?

In a way neither

Citation: ~ Spidey got dusted, was 'there', than Dr Strange came and said the OG6 need them. Lots of not shown  behind the scene before Doctor Strange opens portals. including to Wakanda

I've read through the thread, not sure why certain ppl feel the need to describe whole scenes without having seen it = as out of context some details get misinterpreted here. It does neither the movie justice, nor is it really helpful to get twisted impressions.

I try to clear some points up.

Gamora: in my POV she is not dead, no one has actually seen her getting dusted. But it is not Gamora as we know her, its Gamora from ~ 5-6 years back,,# who did a time jump.

Changes sides to the good ones, but does not know Quill. She learned per Nebula about him, but is not convinced about the whys.

They didn't show how she leaves the scenes nor earth,  but I am guessing she goes with Nebula, trying out sisterly love.

Time... that could be a bit tricky for several details.

Loki might change things some, if he still will live per changed detail from Avengers 1 will have to be seen

As Thanos and hos army too jumped into future, theoretically he didn't do certain other things,... or he did.

Rules like we are used to per books and Films do not apply per Hulk-Banner.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MadmenEndgame said:

A+ is all but guaranteed. Believe me. I have never seen comic book xome to life like this. 

I thought I was dreaming. 

It's getting very difficult to contain my hype...