Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

I thought Thanos was supposed to be strong even without the Infinity stones according to the Russo’s, but according to what happens in this movie he is weak as hell without them

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cdsacken said:

256 max through Saturday seems fair I agree

Saturday next next week? Just please don't underestimate the Avengers

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I thought Thanos was supposed to be strong even without the Infinity stones according to the Russo’s, but according to what happens in this movie he is weak as hell without them

Have you watched the movie? 

Thanos is super strong 💪💪💪💪

8 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Present day Thanos was permanently wounded by using the Infinity Gauntlet and had succeeded in his task, he had nothing really left to fight for.

So let me get this straight:

1. all the dusters have gotten, like, temporary ban

2. Loki and Cap are more like thread-banned indefinitely

3. and BW, Tony and Gamora are perma-banned...

Right? (And Thanos, of course)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

So let me get this straight:

1. all the dusters have gotten, like, temporary ban

2. Loki and Cap are more like thread-banned indefinitely

3. and BW, Tony and Gamora are perma-banned...

Right? (And Thanos, of course)

No Gamora is on suspension. 😉😉

I just cant understand anyone putting any mcu film behind the dark world it is easily the worst mcu film by far. Everytime I do a rewatch it's the only one I have to force myself to get they it's just so boring and the worst mcu villain by far. 

• Like 1

so i am the only one who dont hate the dark world 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

Nope.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

It does seem Endgame wraps some things up but also creates some loose ends which will address in the next Phases. 

8 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

I don't hate it, but along with IM2 and Incredible Hulk, it's one of the least good MCU movies.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Orestes said:

I don't hate it, but along with IM2 and Incredible Hulk, it's one of the least good MCU movies.

Agreed. As for Captain Marvel it's not exactly deep or anything but hating it is like hating vanilla ice cream for me. I have it right in the middle 10th or 11th. Holds up great in rewatch. Iron Man 2 was way worse on rewatch as was Thor 2. Hulk I've seen once. Never again.

• Like 1

I preferred infinity war. The ending is very good but it seems to take hours of build up to get you there

Just now, MadmenEndgame said:

😱😱😱😱

:ohmygod:

TWS, GOTG, TA, IM 1 and A:IW were the only good MCU movies, others just mediocre. 

• Not Cool 1

Dr. Strange

Do you know what I think holds this movie back? It's not the plot that has some weak points that have been repeated ad-nauseum on these forums-some of which is warranted, some which are overblown. It's not that the villain in this movie is necessarily weak-Guardians of the Galaxy, for instance, got away with a bad villain. No, it's 100% the score. For most of the run, it's so bland. All these amazing CGI visuals, all these great action scenes, all this magic we're supposed to be discovering...the only score I think works well is the final one before the cut to the credits. Would have been nice to get a more magical, innovative score to go with the themes/visuals. The score is still good-Giacchino is very talented and does a good job but I feel like this movie should have had a John Williams-level score.

Anyways the Thanos villain take:

tumblr_oasqhetDqa1t52mf4o4_500.gif

Kaecilius

On paper, Dr. Strange has a great cast.  Benedict Cumberbatch was inspired casting who nails his role and is probably the most talented actor the MCU has in a lead role. Ejiofor does a good job as Mordo whose rigidity is leading him down a villainous path.  Wong is great comic relief and a fan favorite for a reason. Swinton's casting might have been controversial but I think she did such a good job it's hard to see anyone else playing the Ancient One. Hell Benjamin Bratt did a great job as the guy who was paralyzed and used magic to walk.

And yet...

Marvel casted Mads Mikkelsen as the villain. Coming off Hanibal and still having some hype from the Hunt, there was a lot of promise in his role as the zealot. I guess you could say Dr. Strange wasted him but considering how other actors have taken their bad guy roles and elevated the material they were given....Mikkelsen simply didn't do that when given his opportunity. That's on him. Even when he has his one on one talk with Cumberbatch, what should have been a superb scene with two great actors feeding off each others' performances becomes just a good scene because Mikkelsen doesn't do more than an acceptable job despite actually having some meat thrown at him.

I really like Mads Mikkelsen as an actor but what a disappointment.

As for Thanos? He doesn't like that Kaecilius betrayed the Ancient One, didn't read the warning of the spell, and in general, just didn't think he was that effective. A pretty novice wizard was able to take him and his followers on during the New York sanctum battle even as he struggled to perform basic spells like shields. When that novice wizard sent them to the Mirror Dimension, he got his ass whooped by the Ancient One. And then in the final battle? Dr. Strange or Mordo or Wong didn't even really fight him! No, Dr. Strange went over his head and talked to his boss. Thanos seems him as nothing more than the pawn that he is.

MintyApprehensiveHorse-small.gif

Dormammu

Dormammu's interesting because he's not a typical villain in that he's a giant figure in the Dark Dimension. You don't see that in other MCU movies making him unique due to his concept. His plan of letting the Dark Dimension consume our universe is similar to Malekith trying to send the universe back into darkness but he still leaves more of an impression because of how he stands out. Thanos thinks Dormammu was fine, even if he doesn't appreciate the idea of the whole universe becoming part of the One. Thanos wants to save the universe, not end it. That Dormammu entered into a bargain without any chips also shows that Dormammu isn't all that. Still, Thanos respects Dormammu but would prefer it if he stayed away from their dimension. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2