Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

My Coke is in a Mary Poppins cup.  

@terrestrial

I won’t be reading that pm for another 3 and a bit hours. 

Two reviewers who I usually give an eyeroll and side-eye a lot: Grace Randolph and Jeremy Jahns gave this film a very spectacular review. Freaking Randolph even said that it's better than TDK.

Edited by UserHN

Just now, UserHN said:

Two reviewers who I'm giving an eyeroll and side-eye a lot: Grace Randolph and Jeremy Jahns gave this film a very spectacular review. Freaking Randolph even said that it's better than TDK.

Grace Randolph is over reactor. In 2 days she will start shitting on movie if audience didn't like it. 

She changes with trend. 

2 minutes ago, MadmenEndgame said:

Grace Randolph is over reactor. In 2 days she will start shitting on movie if audience didn't like it. 

She changes with trend. 

Oh yeah. She didn't like BP a lot but she went along with the audience later. But no indication yet of divisiveness that the Redditors are expecting. Twitter reactions from international audiences are positive. China and Korea and other Asian countries love the movie. Even the YouTube comments that said they already saw the film really liked it.

Edited by UserHN
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, MadmenEndgame said:

Adding to my CM rant, 

Why was she written off for 90% of the movie? 

@ViewerAnon  @terrestrial  @Gamora  What did you thought about CM situation?

Two movies in, CM is still not given much to do like Wonder Woman. 

It is a little surprising that she's basically only in it for three scenes, but she's so powerful you kind of have to remove her to have any tension.

1 minute ago, ViewerAnon said:

It is a little surprising that she's basically only in it for three scenes, but she's so powerful you kind of have to remove her to have any tension.

How will thet handle her going further? 

They just gonna write her off everytime. Marvel should really think over again what they want CM. 

It was annoying but movie made up for it. 

1 minute ago, MadmenEndgame said:

Adding to my CM rant, 

Why was she written off for 90% of the movie? 

you thought about CM situation?

Two movies in, CM is still not given much to do like Wonder Woman. 

I disagree to that kind of comparison in content.

And start to get really annoyed in general for trying to bring it into a discussion like this

Big CM movie version fan here.

More would have been nice, always, but if considerable more, then they had to either make her weaker for a time for whatever reason, or introduce a Thanos helper or more one-on-one fights with him.

She did some key things, she was a deciding factor in bringing him and his ship down. I mean the ship (better said its 'canon battery') was the extra thing, additional to his army why the female group on ground didn't manage it, and without the magicians they all would have been dead.

Different ppl added to the whole.

If critic something about her use, maybe that it was a repeat of what she already did, but it did bring the whole battle to a stop, as literally all (good and bad) seem to have stoped for a time to watch That!

Visual impressive

I think it was also a question of schedule

When Avengers: Endgame wrapped filming in Atlanta, Georgia, leaked set photos set fire to more fan theories.

Additional filming for Avengers: Endgame took place in Edinburgh and Glasgow, Scotland in July 2018

Reshoots were scheduled from mid-2018 until September 2018 in Atlanta and New York City.

Earlier in Jan, Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel surprisingly began filming early in California only to go on a 2-month hiatus after a week into production.

CM wrapped at July 8

About future use, it was made clear she has a lot to do outside of earth.

This was the team intro, next time she might meet someone of those, they know each other, CM 1 was her general intro, not getting the power, but her getting all outside influence away, and getting the full controlled use of her power and so on.

Thor 1, would it have been clear after that, how important he will get? As he was an O6,he was in a bigger role in A1 but I think its the sum that build him up.

What she can do with her powers, if able to fully focus on one 'project', I guess we will see in CM 2. If that what I think is the stor of CM2, than Feige has not exaggerated at all.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

I disagree to that kind of comparison in content.

And start to get really annoyed in general for trying to bring it into a discussion like this

Big CM movie version fan here.

More would have been nice, always, but if considerable more, then they had to either make her weaker for a time for whatever reason, or introduce a Thanos helper or more one-on-one fights with him.

She did some key things, she was a deciding factor in bringing him and his ship down. I mean the ship (better said its 'canon battery') was the extra thing, additional to his army why the female group on ground didn't manage it, and without the magicians they all would have been dead.

Different ppl added to the whole.

If critic something about her use, maybe that it was a repeat of what she already did, but it did bring the whole battle to a stop, as literally all (good and bad) seem to have stoped for a time to watch That!

Visual impressive

I think it was also a question of schedule

CM wrapped at July 8

About future use, it was made clear she has a lot to do outside of earth.

This was the team intro, next time she might meet someone of those, they know each other, CM 1 was her general intro, not getting the power, but her getting all outside influence away, and getting the full controlled use of her power and so on.

Thor 1, would it have been clear after that, how important he will get? As he was an O6,he was in a bigger role in A1 but I think its the sum that build him up.

What she can do with her powers, if able to fully focus on one 'project', I guess we will see in CM 2. If that what I think is the stor of CM2, than Feige has not exaggerated at all.

Thanks. Good explanation. 

40 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

My Coke is in a Mary Poppins cup. 

@terrestrial

I won’t be reading that pm for another 3 and a bit hours. 

It does not include any spoiler, its a question what kind of posts are, especially at this early time into release, understood as to be o.K. in a spoiler thread

Discussions vs lenghty indepth step-by-step descriptions of scenes not borne, in my POV, out of discussions. Like a lot of those, and partly misleading bcs out-of-context and so on.

My understanding was, its meant for discussions. What I see is something else, especially in the amount.

I didn't want to do a report, if I am not sure about how the rules are meant = to not force a mod into that thread if not really needed.

edit: I see  @aabattery seems to have seen the film, maybe he can clear that?

Edited by terrestrial

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

I thought Thanos was supposed to be strong even without the Infinity stones according to the Russo’s, but according to what happens in this movie he is weak as hell without them

ahahhahaha he beat tony-thor and cap :rofl:

TOMATOMETER

96%

All Critics | Top Critics

Average Rating: 8.18/10 
Reviews Count: 110
Fresh: 106
Rotten: 4

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

TOMATOMETER

96%

All Critics | Top Critics

Average Rating: 8.18/10 
Reviews Count: 110
Fresh: 106
Rotten: 4

fantastic the responese so far from critics and audience (china ,south korea) is OFF THE CHARTS

After watching it and gathering my thoughts, the timeline being "wrecked", unknown future of some characters and stones left unturned will work in MCU's favor. They might lean more in a multiverse and introduce the incoming FOX-Marvel characters this way. Some arcs have closed but others were left open and uncertain. And they can address this in the future movies. I expect more small team-up movies in the future. 

On a side note, the BW movie better be fucking awesome. My sister was even more pissed than I was, and I'm a bigger BW fan than her. But based from the updates with the BW movie, Marvel has been hiring topnotch people behind-the-scenes, mostly spy/action people. I only hope the script is great. I think my other sis and mom (who will watch it on Saturday) will also be sad about BW's fate. They were so excited when I told them BW was finally getting her own movie when we were doing the MCU marathon last week.

Edited by sahmeelg
Added letter

56 minutes ago, catlover said:

Yeah Cap using Mjolnir had a great and loud reaction. Also when literally everyone (those who were alive anyway) showed up to fight Thanos, the crowd went nuts. People cheered and clapped too when the woman superheroes teamed up.

It was such an amazing surprise to see the snapped characters return, when T'Challa, Shuri and Okoye appeared it was great and then all of the others arrived and it really was mind-blowing to see. I'm so glad I didn't read spoilers or have much of an idea about what was going to happen because having them all come in and Cap yelling to assemble was truly beautiful.

For the ladies being bad asses shot up until Okoye I was like, oh it's an IW reunion (minus Nat :() and then they just kept coming and I couldn't even clap I just stared at them all in awe. I'm going to have to focus more the next time I see it because I was already pretty overwhelmed that I feel like I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have, but I did appreciate it a lot. :cloud9:

• Like 3

I would have loved more Carol but I think in the end it was fine. She got significant scenes. She rescued Tony (just as he was near death) and Nebula. She got to destroy Thanos' ship (audience freaking loved that). Even though she got shot down by Thanos when he used the power stone, she still showed how formidable she was against him. She was the "leader" with that female line-up during the battle. And she got that cute scene with Peter that I think would have people looking forward to more of their future interactions.

Also, my Tony Stark feels dear goodness 😭

There are so many things to unpack. The movie can be overwhelming.

• Like 2

Ali Plumb on radio 1 (UK) loved the film of course, but said the film makes no allowances for newcomers. 

@AliPlumb via Twitter:

“One more thing: if you watch the occasional Marvel movie - an Iron Man, a Thor, a GotG or two - that may not be enough to “get” this film.

Endgame makes no real allowances for newcomers. If you’re not clued up, bring a geeky pal or watch a @screenjunkies MCU recap video. Twice.”

I've never seen a movie come with this kind of hype. 

I'm old enough to remember the heat the Phantom Menace came out with but this is just something else.

• Haha 1