Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

9 minutes ago, sahmeelg said:

There are so many things to unpack. The movie can be overwhelming.

So true. I'm reading various sites and forums and I keep being reminded of things I loved that I totally forgot happened because there's just. so. much. The depth and volume of the fanservice, references and callbacks alone is overwhelming in a very good way.

Like I just remembered the part in the tower in 2012 where Loki shapeshifted into Cap for a few seconds to imitate him and that makes his doing the same in TDW even better than it already was. And Cap getting in the lift with the HYDRA dudes had me cackling all by itself with how much it called back to TWS, and then Cap saying Hail HYDRA to earn their trust was something I saw coming but was amazing because it was the perfect way to get them to trust him. And that's barely even scratching the surface, I could imagine a youtube video pointing this all out being over an hour at the very least (or longer depending on how much yammering they do about each one). These details will go over the casual viewers' heads but makes it worth being invested for those of us who are.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

as someone who is probably the most casual mcu fan (seen some of the movies, not all, and only saw the endgame trailer two weeks ago bc i just didn’t care enough to before then), i thought benedict cumberbatch and tom holland gave the best performances in infinity war. i don’t know why everyone is so hung up on chris evans when to me, he and scarlett johansson were two of the blandest of the bunch.

Edited by snarkmachine

1 minute ago, snarkmachine said:

as someone who is probably the most casual mcu fan (seen some of the movies, not all, and only saw the endgame trailer two weeks ago bc i just didn’t care enough to before then), i thought benedict cumberbatch and tom holland gave the best performances in infinity war. i don’t know why everyone is so hung up on chris evans when to me, he and scarlett johansson were two of the blandest of the bunch.

Because he is good as Captain America. 

Just like Mark Hamill for Luke Skywalker. He is not very good actor but was a good Skywalker. 

Something is just perfect. 

2 minutes ago, snarkmachine said:

Infinity War on purpose gave Captain America and Black Widow little to do. Much of the love for their characters comes from Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

24th April:

08:00AM 98% 85 reviews

10:00AM 96% 110 reviews 

6 minutes ago, MadmenEndgame said:

Just like Mark Hamill for Luke Skywalker. He is not very good actor but was a good Skywalker. 

Mark Hamill IS a very good actor though. He's also the best Joker after Heath Ledger.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Mark Hamill IS a very good actor though. He's also the best Joker after Heath Ledger.

Voice and physical acting is not even close to comparable. 

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

Or Prequels....I always wanted to see a film about one of the Cap's Missions in World War 2 where he is joined by Logan........

And then divorce with Peggy and get together with Bucky 🤭

13 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Infinity War on purpose gave Captain America and Black Widow little to do. Much of the love for their characters comes from Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

TWS so far has been the highlight but they've had more to do in every other film they've been in.  Even IM2 for Scarlett.

Evans entrance is fantastic and it's always a pleasure to watch him move(and look at his beard)  but he had less dialogue in AIW than he did in SM:HC (which he filmed in one day)

9 minutes ago, Gamora said:

So true. I'm reading various sites and forums and I keep being reminded of things I loved that I totally forgot happened because there's just. so. much. The depth and volume of the fanservice, references and callbacks alone is overwhelming in a very good way.

Like I just remembered the part in the tower in 2012 where Loki shapeshifted into Cap for a few seconds to imitate him and that makes his doing the same in TDW even better than it already was. And Cap getting in the lift with the HYDRA dudes had me cackling all by itself with how much it called back to TWS, and then Cap saying Hail HYDRA to earn their trust was something I saw coming but was amazing because it was the perfect way to get them to trust him. And that's barely even scratching the surface, I could imagine a youtube video pointing this all out being over an hour at the very least (or longer depending on how much yammering they do about each one). These details will go over the casual viewers' heads but makes it worth being invested for those of us who are.

The movie definitely pays off if one has been on the MCU train since Phase 1.  There were so many surprises and cameos and callbacks. And since my MCU memory has been refreshed due to the marathon last week, it made Endgame even more impactful to me. So much so that after the movie, I felt like I didn't want to watch it again because I've been too emotionally attached to these fictional characters, and the actors as well, so the end was really bittersweet. I mean I was expecting it to be emotional, but I didn't expect it to hit me in guts so hard. I think many of the audience will feel the same way. I heard adults outright sobbing in the theater earlier.  I know some were teary-eyed last year with Infinity War, but man, Endgame is just on a different level.

But I might change my mind and watch it with the rest of my family on Saturday. We already bought the tickets heh.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, sahmeelg said:

The movie definitely pays off if one has been on the MCU train since Phase 1.  There were so many surprises and cameos and callbacks. And since my MCU memory has been refreshed due to the marathon last week, it made Endgame even more impactful to me. So much so that after the movie, I felt like I didn't want to watch it again because I've been too emotionally attached to these fictional characters, and the actors as well, so the end was really bittersweet. I mean I was expecting it to be emotional, but I didn't expect it to hit me in guts so hard. I think many of the audience will feel the same way. I heard adults outright sobbing in the theater earlier.  I know some were teary-eyed last year with Infinity War, but man, Endgame is just on a different level.

But I might change my mind and watch it with the rest of my family on Saturday. We already bought the tickets heh.

I already have tickets for Friday and Saturday but I would've gone again anyway. I'm giving myself a rest tomorrow since I need some time to recharge (plus all the sessions are packed as hell already) but I can't wait to see it again to see what I missed and to just sit back and enjoy without having to worry too much about what's going to happen since I already know. :D

It's been nearly 9 hours since I saw it and I'm completely exhausted, it's crazy how much a movie can take it out of you when you're so invested. You should definitely see it again Saturday, the crowds will be good and you can relive all the fun again. Who knows if something this epic will ever happen again in our lifetimes, you might as well make the most of it.

I don't think they'll be able to top this. 

The audience has invested 11 years into this multiverse and after that brilliant send-off and the deaths/retirements of pretty much all but one of the OG Avengers, it just isn't feasible to be able to top it. They'll certainly try and they've set up many of the future faces, but you can't repeat the investment. As much as I like the "supporting" Avengers, whatever comes from this will still have to contend with "replacing" of Stark, Rogers, Banner, Romanoff and Barton at the very least. 

But, hey, Feige has delivered the best franchise finale ever, so maybe he still has tricks up his sleeves. One thing's for sure, they can't use the "formula" of the first three phases and if Carol Danvers is going to be the new face, they really need to humanize her more lest she becomes Superman and no one cares about her arc/story etc. If there's anything that is majorly unexciting it is invincibility. 

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Haven’t seen it yet but knowing that Tony will die already broke my heart

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

I need to bring my coffin to the cinema , I guess.....

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

20 minutes ago, Gamora said:

I already have tickets for Friday and Saturday but I would've gone again anyway. I'm giving myself a rest tomorrow since I need some time to recharge (plus all the sessions are packed as hell already) but I can't wait to see it again to see what I missed and to just sit back and enjoy without having to worry too much about what's going to happen since I already know. :D

It's been nearly 9 hours since I saw it and I'm completely exhausted, it's crazy how much a movie can take it out of you when you're so invested. You should definitely see it again Saturday, the crowds will be good and you can relive all the fun again. Who knows if something this epic will ever happen again in our lifetimes, you might as well make the most of it.

I am just letting myself cool off for the next few days. I've never been this invested in something like this. For the past few years since I got home, (I was away for college and worked for a year in the capital city) my family go to watch MCU movies at the theaters for what seems like a family affair since we love Marvel/MCU movies. That's why this franchise is close to my heart. I am definitely leaning on watching it again on Saturday. But in the meantime, I'm gonna enjoy all the records it'll break along the way 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Ali Plumb on radio 1 (UK) loved the film of course, but said the film makes no allowances for newcomers. 

@AliPlumb via Twitter:

“One more thing: if you watch the occasional Marvel movie - an Iron Man, a Thor, a GotG or two - that may not be enough to “get” this film.

Endgame makes no real allowances for newcomers. If you’re not clued up, bring a geeky pal or watch a @screenjunkies MCU recap video. Twice.”

I mean I feel the same way about Deathly Hallows 2. Didn't matter, still went crazy.

15 minutes ago, BK007 said:

But, hey, Feige has delivered the best franchise finale ever, so maybe he still has tricks up his sleeves. One thing's for sure, they can't use the "formula" of the first three phases and if Carol Danvers is going to be the new face, they really need to humanize her more lest she becomes Superman and no one cares about her arc/story etc. If there's anything that is majorly unexciting it is invincibility. 

Considering Captain Marvel's box office performance and general audience feedback, I definitely see her being more beloved to the public at large as the years go by. Out of all the new generation franchises, hers seems to be the most exciting. Not only for her own adventure but also for the likes of Monica Rambeau and eventually Kamala Khan. Even hardcore comicbook fans, who were sceptical about CM because of all the hoopla prior to its release, ended up liking/loving Carol/CM and look forward to more adventures with her. Her origin movie definitely gave enough for people to be attached to Carol Danvers, the human side, and Captain Marvel, the superhero side. It'll just grow from there. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I mean I feel the same way about Deathly Hallows 2. Didn't matter, still went crazy.

Yeh to be fair I don’t think there will be many completely newcomers to a film this far on in a franchise 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh to be fair I don’t think there will be many completely newcomers to a film this far on in a franchise 

Probably however more than we think. Black Panther I promise you brought a lot of new ones to Infinity War. We might lose a few incels but I suspect most will suck it up for End Game which Brie Larson will bring new folks in as well. 

Edited by cdsacken