Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

I think Deep Wang will really like this movie

Did you like it a lot?

Random, but I've been thinking about buying a Captain America Hot Toys figure from Endgame since it was his last movie and I've always wanted one, but his hasn't been announced yet. A lot of them haven't so maybe this isn't the reason, but I just thought that what if it's because his figure includes Mjolnir? 😮 I still haven't decided for sure if I'll get one since they're bloody expensive but that would certainly be a point in its favour.

And then I saw they haven't revealed Thor's one and I'm wondering if they'll actually make one for this film since... you know. If they do they'll definitely have to include his sunglasses as an accessory at the very least lmao.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AnDr3s said:
[T]he entire endeavour loses any sense of emotional stakes or general meaning beyond the deliverance of crass fan-service and incomprehensible visuals.
Original Score: 2/4

11 hours ago, SpiritComix said:

Same guy:

1.5/4  90% Shazam! (2019) So beyond working as an advertisement for D.C.'s other movies, Shazam! also offers a stiflingly claustrophobic cinematic landscape, which has no point of reference outside of D.C.'s own intellectual properties. - Globe and Mail
Read More | Posted Apr 4, 2019
 2/4  83% Deadpool 2 (2018) A movie that feels scribbled in pencil crayon, drenched in Jolt cola and coated with the dust of a thousand discarded bags of Flamin' Hot Cheetos... As it is, Deadpool 2 is a film that is merely aggressively aggressive. - Globe and Mail
 2/4  92% Bumblebee (2018) After the cacophonous abomination that was Michael Bay's Transformers: The Last Knight, I suppose the mere whiff of competency smells good in comparison. - Globe and Mail
Read More | Posted Dec 21, 2018

Big VFX blockbusters aren't his thing, i guess.

He wrote:

and incomprehensible visuals

He might have a slight over sensitivity of his eyes or... without being aware of that. Not that seldom btw

11 hours ago, eXtacy said:

Is that real average? Really high

Even Black Panther average is only 8.26

see beneath

11 hours ago, IceFire9yt said:

Not not paying attention so much the the % Fresh score, but the Average RT rating.

Anything 8.0 and up would be god tier.  Right now, its at 8.4.

Other CBMs with an 8.0 or higher Average RT score:

Spider-Verse: 8.74

The Dark Knight: 8.58

Spider-Man 2: 8.3

Black Panther: 8.26

The Avengers: 8.05

Its handily beating IW's score at the same point, which was something around 7.7 (I'm not exactly sure how letter grades are counted, but the score would be at least close to that number).  Endgame has had 48 reviews that included a score.  Out of them, 11 have been perfect scores.  Out of its first 48 reviews with scores, Infinity war had 4 perfect scores.

see beneath

8 hours ago, Godzilla said:

I won’t be surprised if this get nominated for Best Picture at the Oscars. They might just do nominate it to get more viewers it worked with Black Panther last year. 

I think a lot of members here miss or forget to check for top critics, especially if its about Oscar talks. Mostly the top critics look for slight different markers than the average reviewer incl bloggers. Hence why for a lot of genre movies the top critic rating is e.g. 1.0 less than the average rating

BPs average rating of 8.26 vs 8.82 av. rating of the top critics, with 0 rotten top critic = 100%,.... shows why it got nominated in a very indirect way, it fullfills markers not that typical for CBM, but for some Oscar talk

1 hour ago, Deathlife said:

I've never seen a movie come with this kind of hype. 

I'm old enough to remember the heat the Phantom Menace came out with but this is just something else.

I bought in secret a ticket to SW 4 (then only SW) beside then being forbidden to even watch / read / ... Sci-Fi ;)

It was the first cinema ticket I bought with self earned money too.

• Not Cool 1

About newcomers following,... remember Scot mendelson's daughter didn't know many (or at all?) earlier MCU movies and was able to follow beside a few little fan-moments

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

The first and third act is really great. 

That's good enough for me I don't care if the middle doesn't resonate as well. Starting and finishing well works. Sounds good :D 

IMO I didn't like all of ROTK so I'm not sure if any 3 hour film is ever perfect. 

6 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

The first and third act is really great. 

out of 10 ? the movie as a whole ? 8/10  ? for you at least

Edited by john2000

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

out of 10 ? the movie as a whole ? 8/10  ? for you at least

For me I can't rate CBMs versus dramas and traditional action films. As a CBM film I give Infinity war a 9.5. overall maybe 8. Just like almost every star wars film does amazing in box office yet personally I rate only one above a 7 overall.

This is so brilliant. I can’t believe how well they pulled it off. 

I might finally check out that trailer. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Astonished 3

What’s the chime over the final logo?

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

This is so brilliant. I can’t believe how well they pulled it off. 

I might finally check out that trailer. 

wow did you see the movie ? lives up to the hype ? 

54 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Shout out to the Deep Wang cameo.

@aabattery

What were the last 2 digits of Laura Barton’s phone number?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, john2000 said:

wow did you see the movie ? lives up to the hype ? 

I’ve seen the movie but I haven’t seen the trailer yet. 

Just now, DeeCee said:

I’ve seen the movie but I haven’t seen the trailer yet. 

no i mean is the movie good ? does the movie live up to the hype ?