Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

Posted (edited)

People who think this is going to have a wide-spread backlash should stop viewing movies strictly from die-hard fandom's POV and put themselves in GA shoes. Normies are gonna eat this up and every "controversy" that redditors are seething about will be received super positively. They'll find Cap going back in time to be with Peggy very romantic and sweet. They'll be sad for Tony but also thrilled that Happy will indulge Tony's daughter with junk food. Everyone can relate to that. They most likely aren't that invested in BW to miss her presence later in the movie. They'll be super entertained by Fat Thor. They'll find time travel super thrilling and fun. And none of them will do any deep thinking about what happens when you mess up with time. All plot devices are meant for fun not for deep thinking. it's all about the message not about creating hypothetical real-life scenarios. the point of getting the snapped back after 5 years isn't to think how reappearance of 3.5 billion people will affect the earth and families that moved on. it's simply a thrilling moment that we hoped for after IW. So yeah, normies know how to enjoy themselves and this is right up their alley. expect strong legs and also YT videos predicting total collapse any minute cause Cap said Hail Hydra (yeah, normies so care about that, 3.5 billion tickets returned right after :lol:). 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, MJL said:

This is is how bonkers it’s going in China:

At around 4 p.m. Beijing time, Endgame had accounted for an astonishing 99.1 percent share of all movie tickets sold in China for the day.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/avengers-endgame-track-100m-china-opening-day-1204309

I love me some China. That's just outrageous.

The City of Sydney requires construction site hoardings to be covered with artwork. I just walked passed this one. 

Jf5kEdc.jpg

• Like 1

Who the hell is Katherine Langford actually playing? Older Cassie (not sure if I am happy with the fact that Cassie is 16-17 now) seems like the only option if you ask me.

The first 2 hours is absolute garbo, there i said it. Not at all fan of what they did to both Thor and Bruce/Hulk.
The 3rd act is amazing though, and makes up for alot of it. Weakest of the Avengers movies for me overall. The first 2 hours just ruins it for me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Didn't think I'd watch this in the cinemas, but the reviews have definitely made me think twice. 'The brains to IW's brawn' is really encouraging. 

Katherine Langford is not in the movie. 

According to rumours, she was going to play Jane Foster for reshoots but Natalie Portman showed up atlast minute for that scene with Aether. 

Otherwise they were recasting Jane. 

@lorddemaxus

The scene where Thanos headbutts Carol and she was completely unfazed had me in tears btw her hair and new suit was just absolutely perfect

• Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

My session was completely sold out and something happened that I’ve never experienced before with any other film. 

Almost the whole audience broke into applause 15+ times. 

Actually, I’m probably undercounting. 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 6
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

The scene where Thanos headbutts Carol and she was completely unfazed had me in tears btw her hair and new suit was just absolutely perfect

I want more Carol in my life. Brie Larson is just absolutely perfect. 😍😍😍😍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadmenEndgame said:

Katherine Langford is not in the movie. 

According to rumours, she was going to play Jane Foster for reshoots but Natalie Portman showed up atlast minute for that scene with Aether. 

Otherwise they were recasting Jane. 

@lorddemaxus

What the hell? Katherine Langford and Natalie Portman have quite the age difference, you sure she was playing Jane Foster ?

7 minutes ago, iHeartJames said:

Right? She didn't even fucking flinch and her stopping him from snapping again was amazing. I loved her new hair, too, and the suit was pretty cool. I don't know that I'm a fan of the sash (I know it's in the comics but ehhh) but I'll have to see what happens regarding that.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Essem said:

The first 2 hours is absolute garbo, there i said it. 
The 3rd act is amazing though, and makes up for alot of it.

IF TA1 was anything to go by, people will readily forgive a bad first half if there's a good second half. 

2 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

What the hell? Katherine Langford and Natalie Portman have quite the age difference, you sure she was playing Jane Foster ?

I have heard people claiming that on social media. No solid evidence. 

Natalie Portman was present at premiere also. Katherine Langford was not. 

Portman is now ready for more Thor movies. 

Who will be stupid enough to back off now!! good for Portman to come back now. 

My favourite part was when Steve farewelled Samwise at The Grey Havens. 

ThorBowski rules Our World.

We just live in it.

Just now, The Futurist said:

ThorBowski rules Our World.

We just live in it.

It was quite a surprise. I never thought this will happen. 😂😂😂