Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

Posted (edited)

i only know one thing about brian tyler and it's that i watched a bbc4 doc about film composers w/ my dad a couple months ago and there's a bit where brian tyler goes to a multiplex to watch people watch age of ultron and said he waits in a toilet cubicle after the movie's done "to see if people are humming the music" and my dad wouldn't stop talking about how creepy that dude is.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Nothing will ever top him publicly blasting Ed Norton when he could've just politely said there were creative differences like literally everyone else does lol

"I would say that blew back on them much worse than it blew back on me," he correctly notes. "I couldn't have been happier with the experience that I had making the film [The Incredible Hulk], but nor do I feel any kind of intensity about doing it again. A really good friend of mine's going to do it now [that'd be Mark Ruffalo] and he's awesome! Marvel's going to have to deal with their own karma. They've got bigger problems than me."

• Haha 8

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, OncomingStorm93 said:

Where can I learn more about Tyler pissing off Feige? I never liked Tyler's compositions (other than the credits music for Iron Man 3), but this is the first I'm hearing that he and Feige had a falling out.

It was never officially discussed. There was a big last-minute pandemic with Age of Ultron - the edit was changing constantly. Tyler was asked to come back and rewrite cues for the new edit, but he couldn't because he was working on Furious 7. When you work with Marvel, you apparently sign a contract which stipulates that when you work on their movies, you're only working on their movies. Feige was livid and Elfman was brought in to write new material and to replace Tyler's music - Tyler had written a new Avengers theme which was completely replaced by Elfman's take on Silvestri's theme.

Fun fact: Silvestri was all set to sign on for AoU, but Tyler let the powers that be know that he'd do it for free....

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 1

Tyler's rejected Avengers theme leaked a few months ago btw

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

It was never officially discussed. There was a big last-minute pandemic with Age of Ultron - the edit was changing constantly. Tyler was asked to come back and rewrite cues for the new edit, but he couldn't because he was working on Furious 7. When you work with Marvel, you apparently sign a contract which stipulates that when you work on their movies, you're only working on their movies. Feige was livid and Elfman was brought in to write new material and to replace Tyler's music - Tyler had written a new Avengers theme which was completely replaced by Elfman's take on Silvestri's theme.

Fun fact: Silvestri was all set to sign on for AoU, but Tyler let the powers that be know that he'd do it for free....

Ew Tyler was gonna write a completely new Avengers theme??

I kinda liked what Elfman did with the Silvestri theme thankfully 

3 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Sounds more like a cue for modern action movies, not SH movie.

• Like 1

you can basically argue that the avengers theme is like the only iconic or at least widely known theme of the 2010s, i'm not sure if not including it in Ultron would've derailed its status but errr glad that didn't happen.

10 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

It really seems like the behind the scenes process of that movie was a mess. 

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

you can basically argue that the avengers theme is like the only iconic or at least widely known theme of the 2010s, i'm not sure if not including it in Ultron would've derailed its status but errr glad that didn't happen.

Wakanda theme might also reach iconic status but yeah trying to think of other themes that would be well known and struggling. Dunno what that says about the state of movie scores these days.

Thought some of the time travel stuff worked a lot better than other instances. Ancient One bit was perfect but they spent too much time on Tony and his Dad in my opinion. 

• Like 1

@TalismanRing They really did try to recreate the boyband photo lol

tumblr_pqfk2b0N8N1uo85qxo1_640.jpg

tumblr_pqfk2b0N8N1uo85qxo2_1280.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Does the friendship between Thor and "The Rabbit" continue?

23 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

That's awful.

Does anyone else feels like me? Emotionally MCU has kinda ended with Endgame for me. It's sort of the end of the story. And i dont think il get the excitement back until the X-men enters the fray.

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Does the friendship between Thor and "The Rabbit" continue?

Yes they share the mission to retrieve the aether from Natalie Portman in the Thor 2 time.

5 minutes ago, Essem said:

Does anyone else feels like me? Emotionally MCU has kinda ended with Endgame for me. It's sort of the end of the story. And i dont think il get the excitement back until the X-men enters the fray.

I somehow get excited in the future plan for Wanda, Captain Marvel and Asgardian of the Galaxy. 

35 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

:sadno:

maybe for another movie

OD record set in Australia with 10.2 million dollars and it was not a holiday.

Australia and USA match a lot so it means records to fall in NA likely too. 

• Astonished 2

12 minutes ago, Essem said:

That will be a few years down the line, apparently.

I am actually looking forward more to the Fantastic Four coming to the MCU. We have some really good X Men movies, but the FF has had no luck at Fox. That's no way to treat "Marvel's First Family".

And as a huge Dr Strange Fan, I hope they can give him the movie her deserves. Dr Strange was pretty good, but pretty good for THe Socerer Supreme is not good enough.

55 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Nothing will ever top him publicly blasting Ed Norton when he could've just politely said there were creative differences like literally everyone else does lol

Just because everyone in Hollywood knew Norton was a notorious PIA is no reason to be publicly telling the truth Kevin!

Funny that a few years later he's playing himself in Birdman.