Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

25 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

TOMATOMETER

97%

All Critics | Top Critics

Average Rating: 8.20/10 
Reviews Count: 201
Fresh: 195 
Rotten: 6

95%

Average Rating: 7.77/10 
Reviews Count: 38
Fresh: 36
Rotten: 2

@JohnnyGossamer like a Phoenix - back to 8.2 

tenor.gif?itemid=4208095

• Haha 1

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

Hey, it’s my conservative numbers after all. See my follow up: 

Yeah I know, I'm just saying 2.3 legs seems very low even for a conservative estimate.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

TOMATOMETER

97%

Average Rating: 8.20/10 
Reviews Count: 201
Fresh: 195 
Rotten: 6

95%

Average Rating: 7.77/10 
Reviews Count: 38
Fresh: 36
Rotten: 2

@JohnnyGossamer like a Phoenix - back to 8.2 

D48R9pjUUAAYnpq.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

This movie is... ok.

To the stake with you 😛 

This time tomorrow I will be seated with a big opening night crowd, 30 minutes away from the start of the movie.  :excited:

So where does the Thanos at the end of the movie come from?  Don't they kill him in the opening?

Posted (edited)

Just finished by partial MCU re-watch with Ragnarok.

I can definitely see the issues with this movie.  Odin's death scene is incredibly rushed, and the stuff with Hela taking over Asgard seems uninspired.

That being said, this movie has a lot going for it.  Even though I've seen it a few times before, this made me laugh a lot.  Its just so incredibly funny.  The characters are well done as well.  Thor is great, Valkyrie is great, and I love Loki in this too.  I like how Thor and Loki's relationship is developed in this as well.  On top of that there are some great visuals, and the soundtrack is amazing.

Also, the Hulk-Thor arena fight is pure awesome.

Anyway, I'd still give it a 9/10.  Some of it doesn't work, but most of it does, and it works really well.

Less than 24 hours until I see Endgame.  I'm so hyped!

Edited by IceFire9yt

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

I still have two movies to go today but Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is a pretty good film. It's not really excellent as there are some recurring jokes that fall flat (like the ripe joke), some of the scenes last too long, and it just seems indulgent at times. It can get downright boring for a few moments. Still, it has a pretty great emotional climax with Peter realizing Yondu is his surrogate father right as Yondu passes away. The whole Peter daddy drama is pretty much where most of the emotional depth of the movie comes from and it's all handled pretty damn well making this one of the more deep Marvel movies.

Thanos villain take:

EuXv.gif

Nebula

She kind of maybe becomes a good guy by the end? Nebula's fine in this movie but at times she feels like she's padding the movie rather than being organically contributing. Anyways, Thanos thinks she's very petulant. He turned her into an effective killing machine and she has the gall to complain about it? Oh boo hoo, she got torn apart slowly and replaced with machine parts because she kept losing fights. In the end, she was able to take on Gamora! Thanos isn't concerned about Nebula coming after him. She's too angry. She doesn't have any real focus. 

tumblr_oky7kmhUQH1tlgqkgo1_500.gif

Ayesha

She was good in the first act as it helps create some of the action set pieces. Her people are like if Trump decided to create the perfect species: gold, full of themselves, and a bit silly. The problem is they come back in the third act and their entire fleet is pretty much destroyed by a damaged construction vessel. They don't really do anything. And I'm supposed to believe the villain they are creating is going to be a challenge? Eh. Thanos thinks that if you're going to call your planet The Sovereign then you better back it up with a mighty fleet. That they aren't even willing to put their own lives on the line, hiring mercenaries or using drone ships, tells him they are actually weak and lack spines. He considers them non-entities.

giphy.gif

Taserface

A man who successfully leads a mutiny against Yondu. So right there Thanos takes points off for disloyalty. He's also bad at math. Also Thanos thinks that the man is stupid. Seriously he thinks people will tremble when they hear the name Taserface? You know what? Thanos thinks Yondu deserved that mutiny for not having higher standards for the men in his crew. Pathetic.

RightMisguidedFoxhound-small.gif

Ego

Literally a planet, Ego has the same plan Malekith and Dormmamu have: destroy the universe to make it something else. In this case, it would be him. Despite being a Celestial being, he's not strong enough so he tries to manipulate Peter to help him achieve his goal. Thanos is already taking points off there. I mean, come on, he's supposed to be a god but he can't do it by himself? Weak. Thanos plans to wipe out half the population without any help. The only reason Ego is a better villain than Malekith or Dormmamu is because Kurt Russell plays him (as well as David Hasselhoff). Legendary actor who took a challenging role (a literal crazy planet) and brought him to life. Anyways, this all-powerful being (which would make him fit along with so many Star Trek Original Series weekly baddies) is fine but Thanos holds more contempt than respect.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

The excessive fanservice complaint seems to be a constant in all negative/mixed reviews I read. Yikes.

The whole time travel thing sounds cheap af and a huge cop out.

Edited by Goffe

2 minutes ago, ZackM said:

So where does the Thanos at the end of the movie come from?  Don't they kill him in the opening?

From the past.

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Yes.For like 5 seconds.

Getting up from a bed and she doesn't even talk. The most disappointing cameo for sure.

no movie has more oscar winning actors with zero lines of dialogue.

• Haha 3

Cap using Mjolnir for the first time is going to be one of those hallowed movie moments, the sort of one's we still discuss after 20 years or more. My crowd went fucking nuts at that! 

• Thanks 2

marvel really fucked up making one of the infinity stones the centre of the marvel movie nobody likes. i think they give Thor a big speech explaining the plot of thor the dark world because they know nobody in the audience remembers thor the dark world.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, SpiritComix said:

D48R9pjUUAAYnpq.jpg

Feige is such a bae

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

marvel really fucked up making one of the infinity stones the centre of the marvel movie nobody likes. i think they give Thor a big speech explaining the plot of thor the dark world because they know nobody in the audience remembers thor the dark world.

lol