Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

4 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Intermission in foreign markets for Endgame

The screen is so short....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpiritComix said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

:insane::hahaha::Venom::sparta:

What does she say? 

18 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Guys, have you paid attention to the spoilers concerning:

a6pN3kr1_700w_0.jpg

Omg Mera is in this?

43 minutes ago, CJohn said:

From the past.

So taking the stone alters the timeline and undoes the opening scene death?

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

This movie is... ok.

It didn’t blow your Thanos sock off? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ZackM said:

They go after the stones in the past, before Thanos gets hold of them, revisiting the MCU movies in a giant Meta comedy.

Posted (edited)

If someone can give me the time travel rules of the movie, please.

There is a big argument about it about how all Hollywood  movies had it wrong forever, only Days of Future Passed is not mentionned.

Edited by The Futurist

Tonight was the calm before the storm. Saw Alien on the big screen at my local AMC theater. That movie prepared me for tomorrow because it's such a slow burn and I felt every minute of its 2 hour run time and loved it. It's 40 years old and still holds up on the big screen. They don't make'em like that anymore.

30 minutes ago, Nero said:

The screen is so short....

It's too short and too high. I imagine there are going to be many hurt necks leaving that theater.

34 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

If someone can give me the time travel rules of the movie, please.

There is a big argument about it about how all Hollywood  movies had it wrong forever, only Days of Future Passed is not mentionned.

Here’s a whole article explaining the technicality of it:

http://theconversation.com/avengers-endgame-exploits-time-travel-and-quantum-mechanics-as-it-tries-to-restore-the-universe-115705

But short version, the actions in the past create alternate timelines, they don’t actually effect the real one. So everything that previous took place still took place, nothing is undone, and anything that happens in the time travel scenes effects a different timeline.

So the original Thanos death scene isn’t undone. Two versions of Thanos die. The Gamora, Loki, Ancient One, Howard Stark, Odin, Frigga, Peggy Carter, Hydra agents, anyone else from the time travel scenes I’ve forgotten, in the film are alternate versions, they’re all still dead in the main timeline. And the Infinity Stones used are alternate timeline versions, the originals are still destroyed.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sahmeelg said:

He actually has a lot of cameos shot, even Marvel themselves admitted this early on if I remember before Infinity War was released, in case something in the future happens. And based on BTS scenes of his filming, Marvel just incorporates them in the movies. And Kevin basically confirmed that they had a couple more during press for CM.

https://www.slashfilm.com/final-stan-lee-cameo-avengers-endgame-spider-man-far-from-home/

I'm just wondering why they later decided not to have his last cameo in FFH.

I do not like the use of those kind of words, too often they get used to imply things that are not there

I do not get what you are complaining about. They shot what they managed to get, without being &%$§ per pressure more than the man could still give at the time. They can not shoot what they do not know will match for a movie later on.

That 'article' interprets what it wants. Either it has still one in it or not, but to complain, speak about 'why they decide to include...' in a complaining way in such a situation is ignoring the human aspect, if the complain is not even also premature.

People forget that as a producer, you think in schedules mostly, means, if he meant with a count per release or per which movie was filmed when... we do not even know, hence 'what they want...'

Lets wait and see what really is before getting into a mood for what is not even proved, and accept that Stan Lee was in a bad state for a while already before his death, respect him and that.

1 hour ago, ZackM said:

no

1 hour ago, Goffe said:

The excessive fanservice complaint seems to be a constant in all negative/mixed reviews I read. Yikes.

The whole time travel thing sounds cheap af and a huge cop out.

complaint... only bcs it gets named, not always a complain.

'All negative/mixed reviews...' you had to add mixed, bcs 'all negative' would have been a bit laughable with only 7 being negative out of 210 reviews.

Sounds to me you have not seen the movie, is that impression correct?

If so, why not at first actually watch it before going judgemental again? Then you might interpret other's opinions less out of a pre-existing mindset, maybe even for your own impressions?

• Like 1

So, I’ve been thinking about this.  I honestly see a good scenario where Endgame beats Avatar In worldwide gross.  Hear me out.

Avatar’s worldwide gross is 2.788B which is 740M higher than the WW gross of IW.  If we first look at China, with an OW of 300M+, a lot of people in the China thread feel the final gross (based on the high Maoyan and Douban scores) will be around 550-600M.  If we only go with 550M, this represents a 200M increase from IW.  This brings us down to 540M away from Avatar.

Next, let’s look at the Domestic gross.  I feel it’s a foregone conclusion that Endgame is going to open much larger than IW.  With this being the case combined with the extraordinary reviews coming from critics, I don’t see how we don’t get at least a 100M total domestic gross increase over IW to around 780M (if not more).  This brings us 440M from Avatar.

Finally, let’s look at the remaining worldwide territories.  IW ran in 52 foreign territories excluding China and grossed 1.01B from those countries.  This was an increase of 300M from what AoU did in 2015.  Now, obviously it’s only been a year between Endgame and IW verses the 3 years between IW and AoU, but even giving Endgame a 100M increase due to a growing fan base from last year, we are looking at approximately a 30-35% increase on top of this needed to beat Avatar.  Based on how pre-sales have been crazy in almost every country we’ve seen, I would say there is a strong chance we might have a new worldwide record gross when all is said and done.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

WOW, that was a mind blowing one of a hell movie. My best MCU movie by far.

ENDGAME>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>INFINTYWAR

This will shatter many records. Well done Marvel. Looking forward to more viewing in the next days.

• Like 6
  • Astonished 3

(semi xpost with the Tracking thread)

Avengers: Endgame Greater Sacramento Area Premiere Night Seat Report: T-1 Day and counting

Sellouts

Showings

Seats left

Total Seats

Perct Sold

TOTALS

80.10%

Total Sellouts Added Today:               9 (including two non-reserved seating theaters)

Total Showings Added Today:          14 (includes one non-reserved seating showing)

Total Seats Added Today:             1731

Total Seats Sold Today:                1563

Infinity War Comps:

1.7113x as many tickets sold as Infinity War 1 day before release [Infinity War has 41 days of pre−sales compared to Endgame's 23 days]
1.4994x as many tickets sold as Infinity War at stop of tracking on release night. [58.48m]
1.2745x as many tickets sold as Infinity War at stop of tracking on release night at the exact same theaters in town. [49.71m]

NOTE: If a theater locally that is now selling tickets for reserved seating was selling them for the above movies, but as non-reserved seating for that movie, it is not counted toward the ratio of 'as many tickets sold' for the movie in question.  If a theater is brand new to the region and wasn't yet open for one of the above movies, however, it will be counted toward the ratio. It will also be counted toward the ratio if it was playing in more theaters locally.

IW (T-1)                  738 tickets sold that day   [11 sellouts/174 showings | 3625/15159 seats left  | 76.09% sold]      

EG (adj*):                1197 tickets sold today       [50 sellouts/316 showings | 4245/23983 seats left  | 82.30% sold]

EG (exact**):               765 tickets sold today       [45 sellouts/265 showings | 3117/19895 seats left  | 84.33% sold]

---

IW (final):   13164 tickets sold at stop [59 sellouts/182 showings | 1195/15159 seats left  | 86.64% sold]

EG (adj*):   19738 tickets sold so far   [50 sellouts/316 showings | 4245/23983 seats left  | 82.30% sold]

EG (exact**):  16778 tickets sold so far   [45 sellouts/265 showings | 3117/19895 seats left  | 84.33% sold]

----

* EG (adj) is the number of tickets sold without the extra theaters I now have tracking info for

** EG (exact) is the number of tickets sold at the EXACT same theaters in town for a pure like-for-like comparison.

OTHER COMPS:

Spoiler

Captain Marvel:

Spoiler

2.9783x as many tickets sold as Captain Marvel 1 day before release. [CM had 58 days of pre−sales versus EG's 23 days]
2.2522x as many tickets sold as Captain Marvel at stop of tracking.    [46.62m]

CM (T-1):        1063 tickets sold that day  [1 sellout/202 showings  | 11167/19147 seats left  | 41.68% sold]

CM (final):     10553 tickets sold at stop   [8 sellouts/216 showings  | 9439/19992 seats left   | 52.79% sold]

EG:                23767 tickets sold so far   [50 sellouts/316 showings  | 5906/29673 seats left   | 80.10% sold]

NOTE: I have the same sources of tracking info for Endgame as I did Captain Marvel, so the unadjusted comp is being used here, even though Endgame is playing in a couple more theaters locally. Check the main stat box for the number of tickets sold today if you want to compare it to the number of tickets Captain Marvel sold on its second day.

Selected Other Comps (T-1 and Final):

Spoiler

3.3291x as many tickets sold as Black Panther 1 day before release. [BP had 30 days of pre−sales versus EG's 23 days]
3.3291x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2 1 day before release. [DP2 had 29 days of pre−sales versus EG's 23 days]
4.0463x as many tickets sold as Solo 1 day before release. [Solo had 30 days of pre−sales versus EG's 23 days]
4.7085x as many tickets sold as Fallen Kingdom 1 day before release. [JW2 had 22 days of pre−sales versus EG's 23 days]
7.4822x as many tickets sold as Ant-Man and the Wasp 1 day before release. [AM2 had 18 days of pre−sales versus EG's 23 days]
7.9111x as many tickets sold as Venom 1 day before release. [Venom had 21 days of pre−sales versus EG's 23 days]

BP (T-1)            650 tickets sold that day [7 sellouts/121 showings   |  4597/10526 seats left   | 56.33% sold]

DP2 (T-1)          835 tickets sold that day [0 sellouts/166 showings   | 10226/16155 seats left   | 36.70% sold] 

Solo (T-1)          377 tickets sold that day [1 sellout/142 showings    |  8575/13453 seats left   | 36.26% sold]

JW2 (T-1)          768 tickets sold that day [0 sellouts/147 showings   |  9523/13715 seats left  | 30.57% sold]

AM2 (T-1)         347 tickets sold that day [0 sellouts/112 showings   |   8258/10896 seats left  | 24.21% sold]

EG(adj*) (T-1)    1197 tickets sold today    [50 sellouts/316 showings | 4245/23983 seats left  | 82.30% sold]

--------

Venom (T-1)      498 tickets sold that day [0 sellouts/122 showings  | 10414/13170 seats left  | 20.93% sold]

EG (adj-v)        1507 tickets sold today    [50 sellouts/316 showings |   5684/27487 seats left   | 79.32% sold]

*EM (adj) is the number of tickets sold without the two extra theaters I now have tracking info for.

*EM (adj-v) is the number of tickets sold without the extra theater that I did not have access during Venom's run.

----

2.4356x as many tickets sold as Black Panther at stop of tracking.            [61.38m]
2.4269x as many tickets sold as Deadpool 2 at stop of tracking.               [45.14m]
3.4096x as many tickets sold as Solo at stop of tracking.                          [48.07m]
3.1692x as many tickets sold as Fallen Kingdom at stop of tracking.         [48.49m]
4.2862x as many tickets sold as Ant-Man & the Wasp at stop of tracking. [49.29m]
4.8527x as many tickets sold as Venom at stop of tracking.                      [48.53m]

NOTE: If a theater locally that is now selling tickets for reserved seating was selling them for the above movies, but as non-reserved seating for that movie, it is not counted toward the ratio of 'as many tickets sold' for the movie in question.  If a theater is brand new to the region and wasn't yet open for one of the above movies, however, it will be counted toward the ratio. It will also be counted toward the ratio if it was playing in more theaters locally.

BP (final):     8104 tickets sold at stop [26 sellouts/136 showings |  3377/11481 seats left  | 70.59% sold]

DP2 (final):   8133 tickets sold at stop [3 sellouts/169 showings   |  8357/16490 seats left  | 49.32% sold]

Solo (final):  5789 tickets sold at stop [5 sellouts/143 showings    |  7732/13521 seats left | 42.81% sold]

JW2 (final):   6228 tickets sold at stop [1 sellout/147 showings     |  7487/13715 seats left | 45.41% sold]

AM2 (final)   4605 tickets sold at stop [0 sellouts/114 showings    |  6515/11120 seats left | 41.41% sold]

EG (adj*):   19738 tickets sold so far   [50 sellouts/316 showings  | 4245/23983 seats left  | 82.30% sold]

---

Venom (final)   4493 tickets sold at stop [0 sellouts/127 showings   |  8736/13229 seats left | 33.96% sold]

EG(adj-v)       21803 tickets sold so far   [50 sellouts/316 showings |  5684/27487 seats left | 79.32% sold]

*EM (adj) is the number of tickets sold without the extra theaters I now have tracking info for.

*EM (adj-v) is the number of tickets sold without the extra theater that I did not have access during Venom's run.

WEEKEND INFO: (all IW information is for 1 day before release)

Fri:   2 sellouts/532 showings (+0/+10) [IW: 0/332]

Sat:  1   sellout/527 showings (+0/+9)   [IW: 0/332]

Sun: 0 sellouts/491 showings (+0/+15) [IW: 0/321]

Sellouts:  50/316  (+9/+14) [2D: 43/262 (+9/+14) | 3D: 7/54]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spider-Man: Homecoming

Great movie. Really fun. It does have a few weak spots but man it's such a blast that it's easy to overlook them. It might have the best third act: Peter going to confront the Vulture at the abandoned warehouse/factory, having to lift up the beams without the suit, fighting on the plane (kinda shot confusingly though), fighting on the ground, and then saving the Vulture. Seriously. Only MCU hero to save the villain of the movie. The rest let them die/fall or outright kill them for the most part. Also, Spider-Man is the only MCU hero so far to keep his identity a secret (not counting the TV shows). Seriously sets himself apart.

Thanos villain movie take:

giphy.gif

Vulture

A blue-collar man who leads his team from legal work to crime so that they can profit. He might be greedy like so many other MCU villains but that he's not a wealthy businessman sets him apart. What else sets him apart: Michael Keaton's perfect performance. Seriously, he's really good in the whole movie. He's the reason (along with the lighting) that the scene in the car with Peter works so well. Tom Holland just has to act scared. Keaton has to be menacing, showing he knows without telling us he knows, all without raising his daughter's (or Peter's for a while) suspicion. Amazing. As for Thanos? Well, he's less high on the Vulture. Sure the Vulture wins most battles against Spider-man including in the end. Thanos likes that the Vulture was able to stay off the radar for eight years and it's only his thug's carelessness that he gets discovered. But in the end Thanos doesn't like that the Vulture let himself be blinded by his greed: if he had noticed his wingsuit's damage he could have gotten away.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2