Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

4 minutes ago, thedast said:

Finally saw this last night. It was great but I'll be honest that I was more 'on edge' for IW, probably because I didn't know how it was going to end and this one felt more... victorious? 

That said, I was reading some reactions and way too many of the people I'm seeing having issues with some plots haven't even seen it yet and that is the dumbest thing I've seen so far. Why look at written spoilers for something like this and take things out of context?

Of course someone who hasn't seen the movie is gonna be confused if they hear Thanos is killed 15 minutes into the movie.

Gods damnnit. I saw a huge spoiler when I wasn't looking at anything connected with AEG

• Sad 10

Just came out.

They nailed it. There's basically no way they could've done a better version of this movie tbh. 

They also did a good job at setting up the Disney+ series without being too in your face. It also seems like there's an easy way to get the X-Men in because ~messing with timelimes~ and they could just randomly start popping up. 

Also there's like a hundred "YESSSSSSSS" moments in the film. I think the first 2 hours were wonderful and honestly the whole theater went nuts for the entire last hour. 

There's just a lot a digest. It will be hard to live in a MCU without Tony Stark and Steve Rogers, but part of the journey is the end.

Also.  3 billies is happening. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Gods damnnit. I saw a huge spoiler when I wasn't looking at anything connected with AEG

That really sucks. :whosad: What were you looking at? If it's totally unrelated it looks like just being online is dangerous at this point.

Just now, Gamora said:

That really sucks. :whosad: What were you looking at? If it's totally unrelated it looks like just being online is dangerous at this point.

A weather report!

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 3

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

A weather report!

man that's unfortunate

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

A weather report!

For fuck's sake.

A6Hwduw.gif

My watch is over. 

Finally completed Ant-Man and the Wasp. 

• Like 2

I wasn't sure how I felt about Natasha's send-off at the time, but upon reflection I'm pretty satisfied with it. A scene that I don't think is going to be acknowledged as much as it ought to is her conversation with Steve early in the movie after she's spoken to the holograms of various characters and learned about what has happened to Barton. For me, that was Scarlett's best piece of acting across the entire MCU, certainly the most emotionally vulnerable we've seen Natasha throughout the series. It became clear that the Avengers was her family, so going out like that to help save them and give Clint in particular the opportunity to reunite with his own family was quite fitting in my view. I also don't think we've seen her smile as much as she did in this movie which made her fate more surprising.
There's so many good character moments in the first act that hardly anyone is going to mention, understandably so given what happens afterwards.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

My watch is over. 

Finally completed Ant-Man and the Wasp. 

And now your watch has ended. 

• Like 1

Don't look back because of spoiler in previous reply

• Like 1

Do not quote the post guys

• Like 1

Warning: Don't look back because of spoiler in previous reply......

• Like 2

Saw it twice yesterday (Wed OD), first IMAX 2D 11am (about 30 hours ago) my local time, then 7pm (IMAX 3D) with lots of family members.

First viewing: 8.5/10. For comparison, best MCU movie for me is A:IW 9.0/10, the rest are 8.4 or below. Nothing about the plots or content, just about the overall quality of movies why I rated A:IW above A:EG:

Spoiler

A:IW has better pacing, cleaner action scenes, better spectacle. Fan services in A:EG are most brilliant and well done, but a few of them (luckily the minor ones) are probably a bit awkward or overdone.

Second viewing: 9.0/10

I got not so good seat for second viewing (giving better seats to my family members). First time I realised visually 3D is very bad when the seat is not in the center (In the past I always got to book good seats for 3D - not Endgame) - I could see double vision multiple times.

Yet the second viewing experience was significally better than the first. Firstly this evening show, being the first few show listed, had among the most fervent MCU fans as the audience, so the amount of cheering, applause, clapping, laughing, gasping were so much better than the first showing, that I was totally immersed in the ambience and funfair. Secondly, the repeat viewing let me pay more attention to the details and nuances of the movie.

• Like 1