Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

I really like how they use "time travel". They don't actually use the time travel to reset anything, i.e killing baby thanos, they use the time travel to collect objects and to have emotional character moments (Thor with Frigga, Tony with Howard and of course Cap with Peggy), because time travel resetting everything can make it feel a bit cheap, and it is very hard for it to really make any sense. But I think they used it in the best way they could.

• Like 1

Speaking to people who seen it and my clan..... what they did to Thor was very much disliked.

I can see why CH wasn't very happy about it, hopefully James Gunn will set him right again.

On another note, is it possible to love Korg any more?

Prob now my fav marvel character, he needs his own movie.

Hey guys, don't put it past Marvel that in 10 years from now we may see an Avengers movie where they pluck CA, BW, and IM from an alternate timeline for some giant 20th anniversary event movie.

19 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Most funerals I have been to have been less solemn and sad than the crowd during Tony Stark’s death. 

If I was at Stark's funeral, I would be sad as fuck.

• Like 3

People will look back at this movie and dislike it. A lot of things in it are convoluted and make no sense.  Everyone is just to hyped to see it at the moment. Infinity war is much better. This was disappointing.  5/10. 

• Not Cool 2

3 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

People will look back at this movie and dislike it. A lot of things in it are convoluted and make no sense.  Everyone is just to hyped to see it at the moment. Infinity war is much better. This was disappointing.  5/10. 

your opinion which is fine but as of now the fans love it dont talk about the others only talk about yourself 

Edited by john2000

3 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

I completely disagree. Looking back on it made it make more sense for me. Certain things that don't seem to make sense are explained perfectly well by the film. Dismissing any positive reception that disagrees with you as "Just hyped to see it" is a little condescending. In fact most people who have talked to me who have seen it twice liked it much more the second time, because certain plot elements made more sense.

And lol at that shitty blink-and-you-miss-it role being representation. How tragic. Seems like virtue signaling to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skwunk said:

I completely disagree. Looking back on it made it make more sense for me. Certain things that don't seem to make sense are explained perfectly well by the film. Dismissing any positive reception that disagrees with you as "Just hyped to see it" is a little condescending. In fact most people who have talked to me who have seen it twice liked it much more the second time, because certain plot elements made more sense.

the conversation is pointless he didnt like the movie thats fine but he shouldnt talk about the majority (as of now at least)

1 minute ago, Skwunk said:

I’m just sharing my opinion. Glad that you enjoyed it. But I’ve seen it happen before where hype just erases a lot of critical thinking. We shall see how it holds up a couple of weeks from now. 

Just now, john2000 said:

the conversation is pointless he didnt like the movie thats fine but he shouldnt talk about the majority (as of now at least)

That is what I was referring to. I have no problem with anyone's opinion lol. But deciding what the majority will think of it in the future based on your own reception from your first viewing, idk, just seems a little weird.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

I’m just sharing my opinion. Glad that you enjoyed it. But I’ve seen it happen before where hype just erases a lot of critical thinking. We shall see how it holds up a couple of weeks from now. 

to be honest with you we have see many times before even with iw i heard from  people a few weeks after the release that they  didnt like the movie ,its not unusual and really it wont matter  not everyone will like a movie but to speak for everyone else (even if it happens) its not good

Edited by john2000

4 hours ago, Sam said:

@ddddeeee Did you give your impressions yet?

I didn't like what they did with Cap or Thor which kind of soured it all tbh. I hope I like it better next time...

• Sad 1

Let’s try and avoid a back and forth conversation about the movie in this thread. Reduces the risk of details being mentioned. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, john2000 said:

to be honest with you we have see many times before even with iw i heard from  people a few weeks after the release that they  didnt like the movie ,its not unusual and really it wont matter  not everyone will like a movie but to speak for everyone else (even if it happens) its not good

Well I didn’t feel this way about IW. I loved it a lot and teared up many times because it was beyond epic and gave me everything and more. Also I was just making a prediction. Not saying it’s going to happen. Just what I think will/might happen. 

6 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Yeah it's fine you didn't like it, I guess the best example of this is probably The Dark Knight Rises. The common opinion (at least from people I follow) is that the movie is entertaining but very stupid. I just personally find that almost every plot complaint I've seen for this film has resulted more from not paying attention rather than more critical thinking. I'm not saying that has happened with everyone of course, there are definitely some inconsistencies and your enjoyment really depends on how much they impact your experience. It just seems that a lot of the plot complaints I see are explained in some capacity just by watching the film a second time, as i said, it seems to be a common thing I see that the film is more enjoyable with a rewatch. One of my friends missed lines because of cheering or laughing and said he was quite confused with how the plot worked, then a second time cleared up most of that. But yeah, I guess we'll see how it goes.

It is a thing that YMS does a lot with blockbusters, it is fine that they aren't his cup of tea, and he finds them boring, but that also means a lot of the "plot holes" he comes up with are actually explained perfectly well in the film.

• Like 1