Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

3 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

The best movie you’ve seen?

That seems like a reach to me for that to apply to any funnybook movie, unless you just haven’t seen a lot of movies.  But you do you.

He should see Moonlight and Roma and Short Term 12 to understand truly epic filmmaking done right. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nero said:

How would you rank Endgame? Better than IW?

Mmm no but for me is a great Superhero movie. Easy better than Antman 2/Aquabro/Shazam/Venom/Deadpool2/Captain Marvel 

The perfect way to tie everything up would be to have a single unchangeable timeline, and Tony sending everyone who came with Thanos to the past without memories, and that be the way Thanos was "cursed with knowledge". They could have not killed Nebula, or have future Nebula sacrifice herself by losing her memories, and having to live her previous life in this loop. Strange would be the one to tell Tony that was what he needed to do. 

If it wasn't for Nebula, I would have thought that is actually what Tony did, specially because if he killed everyone he also killed Gamora. I guess we will know what happened to her on Guardians 3. Wish that came out next year as planned. Who cares about Suicide Squad 2?

8 minutes ago, bleachella said:

Yeah, I think that's intended implication. But it took me overnight and reading other people's explanations to realize it. Many people seem to think Steve just abandoned all his morals and was chilling with Peggy in the past in this timeline when he knew Bucky was tortured and SHIELD was infiltrated with Hydra...

LMAOO yeah I'm not sure what exactly happened in his "alternate" timeline, perhaps he went in and saved Bucky in that time and they all became besties who brunch together?

22 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

They could have avoided the confusion with CAP not returning at all at the end, and instead just cutting to the scene of CAP and Peggy embracing. Viewers would have assumed it was an alternate timeline.

Also wouldn't CAP be like really, really old.....like 90+?

Well, we don't know exactly when Cap went back to and hooked up with Peggy. Could've been anytime after 1945. Judging from the final scene, though, Peggy did look pretty young. But she could've been forty-ish, a little older than Cap, around 1960 or so. Which, assuming Steve was about 35 when he went back, would still make Old Steve around 90-something at the end. But he didn't necessarily have to be over 100, depending on where he decided to land on his trip back.

Who knows? It was an annoying plot device that I'm willing to let slide since the rest of the film delivered on so many fronts. As you said, it could've easily been avoided, though.

7 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

Had he reappeared as an old man in the platform, suited up, yes. That'd make enough sense.

Obviously that wouldn't look as good as the bench thing, so they went with that instead. 😑

People were saying Cap couldn't have come back out of the platform, but he and Tony went further to the past from New York, without involving the platform. Which creates another inconsistency, since later in the movie Ant-Man goes to use the van because they can't do anything without the platform. 

8 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

Had he reappeared as an old man in the platform, suited up, yes. That'd make enough sense.

Obviously that wouldn't look as good as the bench thing, so they went with that instead. 😑

Steve is a dramatic bitch OK!!!

Posted (edited)

Nobody ever discusses the gaping plot holes of The Dark Knight.

The Joker has more powers than Dr Strange in the film, Steven can't disapear and reapear like The Joker does.

True Magic.

Edited by The Futurist

Just now, The Futurist said:

Oh, I see you have never read... the internet.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

He should see Moonlight and Roma and Short Term 12 to understand truly epic filmmaking done right. 

Everyday your takes get dumber and dumber

An epic is a genre btw not a description of good movie (but you are right that those three movies are better than almost every comic book movie)

Edited by A Panda of Ice and Fire

1 minute ago, John Harris said:

Well, we don't know exactly when Cap went back to and hooked up with Peggy. Could've been anytime after 1945. Judging from the final scene, though, Peggy did look pretty young. But she could've been forty-ish, a little older than Cap, around 1960 or so. Which, assuming Steve was about 35 when he went back, would still make Old Steve around 90-something at the end. But he didn't necessarily have to be over 100, depending on where he decided to land on his trip back.

Who knows? It was an annoying plot device that I'm willing to let slide since the rest of the film delivered on so many fronts. As you said, it could've easily been avoided, though.

He could have gone to a few years later, so that as much time passed for him as for her. 

But either way, his appearance at the end doesn't bother me. It stands to reason that with a perfect health derived from the super soldier serum, he just lived long and aged well.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Oh, I see you have never read... the internet.

For TDK no.

On BoT it is rumored to be a perfect equation done by a modern day genius.

Posted (edited)

You can't do "nobody ever talks about the plot holes in this big blockbuster!" for any of them released in the last 15 years. trust me it was discussed ad fucking nauseam when it came out exactly like what's happening here.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

That! Thank you!

They wouldn't want to make Hulk, Bucky and Falcon to think something went wrong though. But that could have been fixed so easily by having Cap say his goodbyes before time traveling. But they went for a messy dramatic reveal instead (as if anyone with two brain cells couldn't figure out he wanted to go back to Peggy and stay). 😡 To me it felt both insulting and manipulative.

Imagine if only the shield returns in that quantum time machine after 5 secs. It would have been like CAP sending his regards to Hulk, Sam and Bucky. And then cut to the Cap and Peggy scene. That would have been perfect.

Here's my take: the reason they had to return the stones is because removing one of them at that time would've created a shitty timeline for the people there. But I guess Steve returning to Peggy doesn't negatively affect anyone except I guess Peggy's husband lmaooo.

1 minute ago, LexJoker said:

Imagine if only the shield returns in that quantum time machine after 5 secs. It would have been like CAP sending his regards to Hulk, Sam and Bucky. And then cut to the Cap and Peggy scene. That would have been perfect.

I feel like everyone would've left the theater even more confused lol

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

The Joker has more powers than Dr Strange in the film, Steven can't disapear and reapear like The Joker does.

True Magic.

"Do I look like a guy with a plan?"

"Yes. Yes you do. Not only do you look like a guy with a plan, but you're a guy who has been organising these events for months, are extraordinarily adept at diplomacy and bureaucracy, have outstanding hacking skills, astonishing communication and co-ordination skills, have evidently spent the last two weeks giving a series of power point presentations explaining your various plans to your associates and all-in-all are literally the entire polar opposite of a man who 'just wants to watch the world burn'."

But, just as with Endgame, it only needs to matter if you WANT it to matter. There is plenty of great stuff there that to many/most you are probably better off just ignoring this problem.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

I feel like everyone would've left the theater even more confused lol

That would have meant he voluntarily deviated towards another timeline/reality to be with Peggy.

Edited by LexJoker

Guys, its obvious The Joker is a wizard and he's having an intense sexual relationship with Batman

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

You can't do "nobody ever talks about the plot holes in this big blockbuster!" for any of them released in the last 15 years. trust me it was discussed ad fucking nauseam when it came out exactly like what's happening here.

This, essentially.

As I said above, you can't have a continuous series without leaving a few strands that can be picked up.

And if you think otherwise consider how watertight the plots of Terminators 1 and 2 are, and the utter plot and exposition nightmares every Terminator movie since them has had because of that. 

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose