Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

5 minutes ago, ThiagoMaia said:

People were saying Cap couldn't have come back out of the platform, but he and Tony went further to the past from New York, without involving the platform. Which creates another inconsistency, since later in the movie Ant-Man goes to use the van because they can't do anything without the platform. 

I get what you're saying there, though I'm sort of ok with that aspect of it. The way I saw it while they kept the platform running they'd have a portal open to come back to their timeline, during that window of relative time they'd have the freedom to show up anywhere in another timeline using the open portal as long as they had enough Pim particles. And when they close up the portal the suits would be forcefully brought back. It's why I'd assume Hulk was surprised to not see anyone come back when he turned it off (though his line about Cap having all the time he needs makes this action itself a bit weird).

Anyway we slice it, it's kinda messy.

Any movie with time travel as a main plot point is going to have glaring plot holes tbh. 

• Like 1

I don't know about your audience but mine erupted in laughs and cheers when Cap pranked Hydra with Hail Hydra. 

As for time travel, I don't think there's any problem except maybe that Cap and Peggy were never this OMG epic love story that transcends time. Like, if Russos didn't shoe-horn that awkward unearned kiss with her niece in CW as a hint that Cap is moving on with his life, then maybe. But while his love for Peggy was mentioned in present-day movies, it was always a very subtle reference and not something that you'd think he longed for and couldn't get over. So his making this choice was a bit "huh? OK" but no deal breaker. it was romantic and sweet and that's all that counts and all they were going for.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

the final battle was very Ready Player One.

Get out of my head, looked very alike yup.

18 hours ago, MadmenEndgame said:

You all are taking deaths very seriously.. There was no natural death in fight or something.. 

Iron Man can always come back with soul stone numbo jumbo.. Same goes for Black Widow. 

Loki already have tesseract, he must be upto something 😉😉

Captain America is in time loop, he can also come back. 

It depends what MCU wants next. Marvel Studios is very savvy. 

Except Quicksilver no major Superhero death yet. 

Or simply, a redditor said that Morgan can just visit her dad (Tony) by going back in time using the machine, which is true. 

But thinking of it, they do still have the stones or were they destroyed when Tony snapped his fingers? Because yeah, I guess they could undo some things but then again, it gets tricky because you can start undoing a ton of things and it lessens the impact.

Steve, well, there's like decades of possible Captain America adventures when he goes back to put the stones where they belong. I think that's why Chris Evans first hinted that he was done and then walked it back, not fully saying no. He's got a lot of projects coming up,  but maybe in a few years, he'll feel up to coming back maybe. I feel that'd not only be awesome but it would soften the blow of having Sam as Captain America which, to be frank, is not my cup of tea and I'm not sure audiences will dig it. 

18 hours ago, ThiagoMaia said:

I think the bolded part is the answer. Though I don't like it too much. I prefer the time travel model: change is impossible, which I thought was what they were going for.

They definitely say that going back to the past won't change what happens in the future, they just want the stones.

Wow people really loved Infinity War. I thought the critics were WAY too nice on it.

Jesus 8.29 on RT for End Game? Good god. BP is 8.26!

Edited by cdsacken

12 minutes ago, LexJoker said:

Imagine if only the shield returns in that quantum time machine after 5 secs. It would have been like CAP sending his regards to Hulk, Sam and Bucky. And then cut to the Cap and Peggy scene. That would have been perfect.

Hm, not sure. It wouldn't have been clear enough, and adding something like a letter to it might've been even a bit cornier than the bench scene. He should have just been straight and honest with them about his intent.

Speaking of sending his regards and closure, did anyone else feel bad for Bucky during that whole thing?

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I don't know about your audience but mine erupted in laughs and cheers when Cap pranked Hydra with Hail Hydra. 

lol yes mine did to. This was probably the 2nd or 3rd  loudest cheer tbh. 

Edited by ban1o

2 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

Hm, not sure. It wouldn't have been clear enough, and adding something like a letter to it might've been even a bit cornier than the bench scene. He should have just been straight and honest with them about his intent.

Speaking of sending his regards and closure, did anyone else feel bad for Bucky during that whole thing?

Yup, he got cucked.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

That together with the tense atmosphere of him potentially having a repeat of the elevator action scene made that payoff ring perfect. One of the best, yet simple, highlights of the movie. It's also even made more hilarious by all the Hydra Captain America controversy there was in the comics.

Bucky knew what Steve was going to do. Also Bucky has a new life here now both with the Wakandans and Sam. He'll be fine. He also lived a pretty full life before he became Winter Soldier whereas Steve was struggling clearly.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IceFire9yt said:

I do kind of wish there had been more closure for Nat.  I mean she went out in a noble way and she was mourned, but it didn't feel as satisfying as Tony's and Steve's ends.  She's an O6 Avenger, she deserved that much.  That being said, her movie next year will have the opportunity to do that, fully wrap up her character in a satisfying way.

Honestly wasn't to interested in a Black Widow movie as a prequel before Endgame, but now... well now its an opportunity to say goodbye to a beloved character.  Hoping they recognize that.

I am still mourning with Nat's death. It was really unexpected. I remember an article focused on analyze the bets of who of the original 6 would survive. And the safest character was Nat...

• Like 1

The very last part of Cap returning Infinity Stones to where and when they should be, and the life he lived with Peggy, will be the most controversial and inconciliable part of whole logic of this movie.

Marvel will probably produce a few tie-in novels/comics to explain how Cap single-handedly bring the Stones (three of them in different places/galaxies in outer spaces - where is his spaceship and how he learn to use it? etc etc.).

And no novels can satisfactorily explain (for me at the moment at least) how his life with Peggy can fit in with his endeavor to return the Stones in their proper places and at the proper times.

Senario A) If he chose to live his life with Peggy before he successfully returned ALL the Stones, that would be the ultimate insult or even assasination of Cap's character, because how could he be so irresponsible? So many things can go wrong while returning the Stones, how can he not take utmost priority and precaution to get the job done first? How can he wait till he has spent most of his life with Peggy when he is that old and fragile to try to complete the job?

Senario B) If he chose to use that time travel machine (Pym particle, Quantum "Van" plus Tony's Quantum GPS thingies) to return all the Stones back to where/when they were, then go to live his normal human life with Peggy, then as per the logic Endgame trying to tell us via Ancient One, Tony and Bruce, he will mess up the timelines of Peggy and likely whole lot of other people (SHIELD co-workers etc), because any time travel AFTER the Stones being returned to their pre-existing places means creating new timelines/realities. Then who is Peggy's husband before she went to nursing unit in CA:WS?

Edited by justvision

2 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

I hate to be that guy, but Thor's belly being the butt of so many gags was gross. I've seen people justifying it as some sort of comment on the token Hems shirtless scene, but it's tasteless humour at best, meanspirited at worst.

My problem was more with giving Thor the storyline that made Valkyrie interesting in Ragnarok, which is the drinking problem. Now she is the sober responsible leader like 1000 other superheroes, while he got the main thing that made her stand out from similar badass characters. I blame fear of "negative representation" to have factored in this switch. I mean, it's a nice character arc for her but it ended too soon so she really has nowhere to go as a character, while his options opened no matter whether one finds Fat Thor a success or a misfire. 

also, can we have a moratorium on redemption through death? It's overdone and stupid and doesn't satisfy anyone:

Bad girl gone good Gamora is scarified for the greater good At least this is partly rectified by Past Gamora plot device.

bad girl gone good Natasha sacrifices herself for the greater good. Stays dead but also has a solo movie coming.

Seemingly selfish Tony (instead of jumping into Greater Good heroics without question, he likes to give long-winding monologues why he shouldn't do something against his personal interest moments before doing something selfless against his personal interests) sacrifices his personal bliss  for the greater good proving that he's just like his father who scarified family bliss for the greater good (and, as such, was deemed a selfish ass by his son) 

also, can we have a moratorium on character scheduled to die has a kid who serves a replacement for the lost character and that should make us feel somewhat happy even though the kid won't have a father and will grow into a character with daddy issues (another favorite movie/TV trope - it's always daddy issues, never mommy issues, ha ha)?

end of rant :lol:

Edited by Valonqar

It s not fat Thor it is

Thorbowski

Learn how to spell your characters right.