Jump to content
Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

My 2nd viewing was more emotional too.

The movie is so dense it s quite hard to take it all in the first time.

I was pretty emotional the first time, I would hope that I'm not even more emotional a second time 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget the power level discussions :

 

Strange showed HE was the most powerful avenger by far.

 

He saw the future in millions of different timelines and was able to see the rat pushing that proverbial button.

 

Tilda knew he was the best of us.

 

Looooved that exchanged look between Steven and Tony with a silence announcing what needed to be done.

 

"There was NO OTHER way !"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Claudio said:

I have this weird feeling that Dr Strange actually saw more than one way out of those 14 millions to win the battle but only 1 ( this scenario ) in which he doesn't die. Therefore he chose this and sacrifice Tony instead. :kitschjob:

Wouldn’t surprise me. That selfish arrogant prick.

 

And to think I was starting to tolerate him after IW. Time to cancel him again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, captainwondyful said:

I do like that Dr. Strange wasn't wrong when he said: "If I have to choose between [Tony and Peter] and the Stone, I will choose the stone."  And that's what happened.  And that's why I can't get upset over Tony's death.  He's been living on borrowed time since The Snap, and like Pepper said, They got SPOILED ROTTEN LUCKY compared to everyone else.

Nope.  Still choked up about Tony.  He deserved to live his life and see his child grow.

 

Tonys dead and Quill & Strange live  There's no justice in that.  He wouldn't have even been on Titan if Strange had destroyed the stone when Tony told him to do it.   He wouldn't have been there if Strange hadn't refused to leave and then been kidnapped.  He wouldn't have been there with a pack of Morons and a  duplicitous Wizard and child facing down the mad Titan.   Strange can't figure out how to anything else during the last battle while he doesn't tell Tony the truth b/c then it won't happen - aka Tony's death?  He doesn't attempt to wield the gauntlet himself when he knows what's going to happen?

 

Fuck Strange. 

 

Fuck his sequels - I don't want to see him again.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Claudio said:

I have this weird feeling that Dr Strange actually saw more than one way out of those 14 millions to win the battle but only 1 ( this scenario ) in which he doesn't die. Therefore he chose this and sacrifice Tony instead. :kitschjob:

Zombie Tony vs Doctor Strange: Civil War 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, I Am said:

Oh my God... You know what... It's never established in any of the films who exactly Peggy's husband was. We just know that she married while Steve on under the ice. No one ever says his name, or to who, though. What if... what............ if....... the... entire time........................... Oh my God...

The Russo Brothers got us. What an incredible detail to slip in.
This is it. Peggy was married to Steve the entire time.

We are never told who her husband is, we are never shown a picture.

Oh Jesus...

"She kept so many secrets."

Oh, man... Oh, man...

In 1953, she gives an interview mentioning her husband, saying that Captain America "saved him" in 1945.

This interview from the Russo Brothers' first Marvel Cinematic Universe movie, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."

During the interview, there are clear signs she's not revealing everything to the interviewer.

In 1970, when Steve enters her office... she still has a picture of him on her desk.

He went back and married her and they kept it a secret for all these years. Just... wow. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, justvision said:

1) I think you might misunderstood. Did anyone here suggest that Cap used Infinity Stone to do anything? He used the quantum machine to time travel, to return the Stones to their original location. He is not supposed to use them at all. To suggest that Cap might use them for any of his personal interest is a great insult to Cap. Cosmic billions of timelines and realites are depending on Infinity Stones NOT to be trifled with.


2) Please don't bring in any analogy from any pop culture time travel stories, because it is exactly what Endgame near the end of first act tell you: bullshits, because nobody (in real life or in fiction) can coherently and logically explain time travel.

 

So as some wise guys said before, before your critics call you out, you call yourself out first. Just like in A:IW they used Strange 15M future outcomes to rationalise why certain actions/options in A:IW will not work so as not to be blamed for plotholes. Here in Endgame brilliantly they resort to the ultimate deus ex machina: Infinity Stones (IS). As long as the Stones are replaced to original location (in spacetime), you can surgically remove certain events in a segment of one timeline and "graft in" more desirable events so to speak. So they don't need to give you a perfectly logical explanation, just trust the divine or magical power of IS to sustain realities.

 

1- my take reading a few posts on the topic was just that, it's why I addressed my reply as such. I shouldn't be posting anyway at work so I'm not taking the time to back track pages to find them now.

 

2-it was tongue in cheek son, calm down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

All Endgame death scenes with Shawshank Redemption emotional music. Damn. Endgame. 

Edited by Surajjj

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Sam said:

Wouldn’t surprise me. That selfish arrogant prick.

 

And to think I was starting to tolerate him after IW. Time to cancel him again. 

Let's start a petition for Dr.Strange to use his Time Stone and bring back Our

Tony into this world again.:whosad:

Edited by Claudio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the actors brought their A game in this.

The actors are now one with their characters in such a natural, effortless  way, it s beautiful to see really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

All the actors brought their A game in this.

The actors are now one with their characters in such a natural, effortless  way, it s beautiful to see really.

I might have cried the hardest when OG6 credits shown with their signatures and Avengers theme blaring. That was beautiful.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Forget the power level discussions :

 

Strange showed HE was the most powerful avenger by far.

 

He saw the future in millions of different timelines and was able to see the rat pushing that proverbial button.

 

Tilda knew he was the best of us.

 

Looooved that exchanged look between Steven and Tony with a silence announcing what needed to be done.

 

"There was NO OTHER way !"

 

that's why I like Strange as the member of the team but can't with as the lead in a solo movie. He's cold and ready to do the tough thing such as choose the stone over Peter and Tony which none of other SH would do. Tony likes to bitch but he always does the compassionate/selfless thing. DS is different and that sets him apart. he absolutely knew that Tony was going to die and didn't even bother with some futile "I have to look like I'm doing eevrything I can to save him" stunt that others would totally have done. of new characters, he has the most potential to be interesting but also he's guaranteed to be the least likable. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Scarjo pulled off some of her best acting here.

That long scene at the beginning, woah, got all chocked up ... 

She was charismatic, beautiful and with a great fighting spirit.

loooooved her here.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Nope.  Still choked up about Tony.  He deserved to live his life and see his child grow.

 

Tonys dead and Quill & Strange live  There's no justice in that.  He wouldn't have even been on Titan if Strange had destroyed the stone when Tony told him to do it.   He wouldn't have been there if Strange hadn't refused to leave and then been kidnapped.  He wouldn't have been there with a pack of Morons and a  duplicitous Wizard and child facing down the mad Titan.   Strange can't figure out how to anything else during the last battle while he doesn't tell Tony the truth b/c then it won't happen - aka Tony's death?  He doesn't attempt to wield the gauntlet himself when he knows what's going to happen?

 

Fuck Strange. 

 

Fuck his sequels - I don't want to see him again.

But hey, Morgan and Pepper can still visit Tony in the past, it doesn't impact the future. That is if Pym is generous with his particles. 

 

I think it's unfair about Strange, it was written, and it's just narratively perfect for Tony to be the one to make the ultimate sacrifice, it was always leading this way, his vision in AOU informed that too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, I Am said:

The Russo Brothers got us. What an incredible detail to slip in.
This is it. Peggy was married to Steve the entire time.

We are never told who her husband is, we are never shown a picture.

Oh Jesus...

"She kept so many secrets."

Oh, man... Oh, man...

In 1953, she gives an interview mentioning her husband, saying that Captain America "saved him" in 1945.

This interview from the Russo Brothers' first Marvel Cinematic Universe movie, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."

During the interview, there are clear signs she's not revealing everything to the interviewer.

In 1970, when Steve enters her office... she still has a picture of him on her desk.

He went back and married her and they kept it a secret for all these years. Just... wow. 

I love this. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, I Am said:

The Russo Brothers got us. What an incredible detail to slip in.
This is it. Peggy was married to Steve the entire time.

We are never told who her husband is, we are never shown a picture.

Oh Jesus...

"She kept so many secrets."

Oh, man... Oh, man...

In 1953, she gives an interview mentioning her husband, saying that Captain America "saved him" in 1945.

This interview from the Russo Brothers' first Marvel Cinematic Universe movie, "Captain America: The Winter Soldier."

During the interview, there are clear signs she's not revealing everything to the interviewer.

In 1970, when Steve enters her office... she still has a picture of him on her desk.

He went back and married her and they kept it a secret for all these years. Just... wow. 

Except that in CA:WS, the way Peggy talked to Steve and the things she said were inconsistent with this fancy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr. Strange proved you can never win against a wizard that had time to prepare! And an infinity time stone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.