Jump to content
Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

The film killed Thor for me. Not only physicality but as character. Abandoning his people for adventure isn't what a true leader do. Yeah I know he said Valkyrie will be better leader but but progress did Thor made from in the beginning of film where he was just a drunken idiot. Cap and Iron Man arc ended ok but Thor :(

 

Besides, more I think of film, more I am confused. So the reality from which Thanos came from (i.e. 2014) doesn't have Gamora, Nebula, Thanos and rest of them.

 

There will be no GoTG in that reality. Fuck this film has really fucked up things. Yeah it was super fun but dumb as well.

 

 

i 100%  agree with the Thor point. this and IW really don't get what Ragnarok was doing for Thor and at the end of this, he feels mostly regressed back to how he was after TDW (although this time, instead of leaving for love, he's leaving for a misguided idea that "eh i don't have to be responsible for asgard!")

 

the way this movie handles Thor's arc is the sticking point of negativity for me and the main thing i've been thinking about the last 24 hours. which is a shame because i generally like the movie otherwise

Edited by Blankments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ddddeeee said:

The absolute rejection of Bucky in this and Infinity War has been one of life's true pleasures. Now he can go away to that Disney+ show and leave these movies alone.

Why do you dislike him so much? Just asking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, baumer said:

 

We need her in the movies just for her epic cleavage.  

Always a noticeable yet not unwelcome distraction during tense and dramatic moments.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The three moments that struck with me out of many;

1. When ancient one says, "or I did"

2. Tony and Peter Parker reunion

3. Captain America welding hammer.

 

One fun moment was, when 2014 Gamora meet Star Lord. She is like, he is the one and Nebula expression. Lol.

 

Nebula and Tony scene were great too. In short, unlike many others, loved first two acts, third act it sorta get underwhelming after Tony simply snap his fingers and kill all Thanos forces. I was like, that easy? that cheap? Made me respect Thanos even more, he could have simply done that in Infinity War to Avengers.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SMmadrid90 said:

I loved the movie but i am the only one who is upset about Steve giving the shield to Falcon instead of Bucky? Anyway 10/10

Neither of them deserve it but I can imagine the Bucky fan girls will be mad.

 

But really, that shield handoff only exist to serve as a finality to Steve’s arc, so which of them got it has no importance.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

So Captain America kill the Captain America of reality he goes in the end. Ouuuh. There can't be two CA in same reality.

Two different timelines but it's the same Steve Rogers, and hes not dead just old (he's been old in the comics before - it's changeable).   Even when he met and fought himself in 2012 it was the same character and they were able to exist together w/o one form dying
 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ithil said:

Always a noticeable yet not unwelcome distraction during tense and dramatic moments.

 

She was completely in the nude in Spike Lee's Oldboy...and I think she actually has sex with Thanos in that movie.  I just find that stuff kind of funny.

 

I also find it funny that Rocket is having an affair with Black widow while being married to Banner's original wife in the Ang Lee's Hulk, when all three of them were in She's just not that into you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Sam said:

Neither of them deserve it but I can imagine the Bucky fan girls will be mad.

 

But really, that shield handoff only exist to serve as a finality to Steve’s arc, so which of them got it has no importance.

Yeah, there's only one Captain America  in the comics that matter and ditto the movies.  It's always Steve Rogers b/c Steve is what makes Cap not the other way around.  Just as Tony is what makes Iron Man,

 

That visual of him getting back up (always) and standing alone with a broken shield and holding mjolnir and ready to fight as Thanos summons his army - quintessential Steve Rogers.

 

Bucky fangirls are made that Steve abandoned Bucky to be with Peggy, even though he left Bucky for 15 seconds in Bucky time and yeah they wanted him to have the shield.

 

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SMmadrid90 said:

I loved the movie but i am the only one who is upset about Steve giving the shield to Falcon instead of Bucky? Anyway 10/10

Either one getting it I would have been fine with but something fitting about Russo Brothers ending their run of the MCU where they started. A conversation between Steve and Sam. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the Avengers were assembling around Cap, I was thinking: "This is EPIC!!! But it looks familiar..."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Two different timelines but it's the same Steve Rogers, and hes not dead just old (he's been old in the comics before - it's changeable).   Even when he met and fought himself in 2012 it was the same character and they were able to exist together w/o one form dying
 

In 2012 one they existed. I am not saying they can't exist but how do Steve from present explain in past that he is not frozen anymore. What happen to that frozen cap of that reality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Yeah, there's only one Captain America  in the comics that matter and ditto the movies.  It's always Steve Rogers b/c Steve is what makes Cap not the other way around.  Just as Tony is what makes Iron Man,

 

That visual of him getting back up (always) and standing alone with a broken shield and holding mjolnir and ready to fight as Thanos summons his army - quintessential Steve Rogers.

 

Bucky fangirls are made that Steve abandoned Bucky to be with Peggy, even though he left Bucky for 15 seconds in Bucky time and yeah they wanted him to have the shield.

 

Yeah the shot of Steve standing by himself facing Thanos, and the shot of Big Three looking and walking towards Thanos 😭I was dead.

 

Lol, I can only imagine the hysterics that faction of fan girls on Tumblr are on right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

In 2012 one they existed. I am not saying they can't exist but how do Steve from present explain in past that he is not frozen anymore. What happen to that frozen cap of that reality.

It's the same reality, it's a time loop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

In 2012 one they existed. I am not saying they can't exist but how do Steve from present explain in past that he is not frozen anymore. What happen to that frozen cap of that reality.

Maybe he went back to 1970 and explained that he was the frozen Steve Rogers and they abandoned the experiment with the frozen Steve or let him die. He said that he was born (as Captain America) there, but he had not yet been perfected. As for returning, that is more explainable. He lived his life with Peggy and knew the date and time when the crew would be at the park. He simply met them there. But for him, it took years. For them it took one minute. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

In 2012 one they existed. I am not saying they can't exist but how do Steve from present explain in past that he is not frozen anymore. What happen to that frozen cap of that reality.

It's two different time lines.  As soon as Steve stays in the past he creates another timeline, so he exists in both.  One under the ice waiting to be found and the other living his life with Peggy (defeating Zola & HYDRA before infiltrate and take over Shield, finding Bucky, finishing art school and becoming a renowned artist, making sure Howard doesn't fuck up Tony's childhood, rescuing and maybe adopting Nat before she gets recruited into the Red Room - you know let the new timeline Fan Fiction flourish :D )

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

It's two different time lines.  As soon as Steve stays in the past he creates another timeline, so he exists in both.  One under the ice waiting to be found and the other living his life with Peggy (defeating Zola & HYDRA before infiltrate and take over Shield, finding Bucky, finishing art school and becoming a renowned artist, making sure Howard doesn't fuck up Tony's childhood, rescuing and maybe adopting Nat before she gets recruited into the Red Room - you know let the new timeline Fan Fiction flourish :D )

Time Travel is messy. It was so simple with stones. 

😛

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m about to watch Endgame again but I think the post credit scene in CM makes more sense now. CM goes to Earth first and this is the post credit scene. They tell her about Tony and the others and then she goes and locates them. 

 

How else would she know about him?

 

(This may have been mentioned. I only recall a post that thought it didn’t make sense.)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two scenes that have honestly stuck with me the most is Thor with Frigga and Clint and Nat's stuff on Vormir tbh. Tony dying is third for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, how can Captain return the soul stone, now that Black Widow is dead?

 

How can he "put back" the soul stone that is meant to be collected after someone's death?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, how can Captain return the soul stone, now that Black Widow is dead?

 

How can he "put back" the soul stone that is meant to be collected after someone's death?

I guess he just hands it back to Red Skull. Boy was that awkward

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.