Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

Tony finally got his closure with Howard, and Thor getting the closure with Frigga were both wonderful. 

• Like 5

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, how can Captain return the soul stone, now that Black Widow is dead?

How can he "put back" the soul stone that is meant to be collected after someone's death?

Something to think about. 

Returning the soul stone releases the soul. 

• Like 1

Just now, Frozen said:

So the Wanda and Vision series is set in the 1950s???? Where are they going with this? It’s supposed to be tied into the main universe I think. 

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/disney-wandavision-details-elizabeth-olsen-1203197323/

The term is so vague it could mean anything, but if it's pulling from the Vision solo comic it's not going to be that simple.

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Tony finally got his closure with Howard, and Thor getting the closure with Frigga were both wonderful. 

Thor saying he missed Frigga and crying when they were first talking got me so good. 

• Sad 2

Just now, Mulder said:

The term is so vague it could mean anything, but if it's pulling from the Vision solo comic it's not going to be that simple.

I wonder if it's set before Infinity War.

1 minute ago, DeeCee said:

Something to think about. 

Returning the soul stone releases the soul. 

Something for Guardians of the Galaxy 3: The Search for Gamora and Natasha?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mulder said:

The two scenes that have honestly stuck with me the most is Thor with Frigga and Clint and Nat's stuff on Vormir tbh. Tony dying is third for me.

Mine is still the taco thing

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I’m about to watch Endgame again but I think the post credit scene in CM makes more sense now. CM goes to Earth first and this is the post credit scene. They tell her about Tony and the others and then she goes and locates them. 

It's a good thing that locating Tony Stark is part of her power set. I kid though, I don't require an explanation for everything.

Thought it did make me eyeroll a little bit.

Edited by WhiteWings

Just now, RichWS said:

Widow's death was a dud. 

Hard disagree here

• Like 2

So the Soul Stone timeline definitely got split off.

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

Gotta love that Peggy Carter still looks stunning in 1970 but the years were not nearly as kind to Dominic Cooper Howard Stark. John Slattery is still the best though.

• Haha 2

Paul Rudd sure is one of the unsung MVPs in this. He’s just so likable.

I did get a kick out of it when he was yelling angrily at Steve and Tony after they failed to get the Space stone (admiration for America’s ass be damned)

• Like 6

The appearance of Korg was the most emotionally effective part of the film for me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ZackM said:

So the Soul Stone timeline definitely got split off.

Can you imagine, Cap hunting down the just freed Red Skull to imprison him as the guardian of the soul stone, again? That'd be unintentionally hilarious.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

Gotta love that Peggy Carter still looks stunning in 1970 but the years were not nearly as kind to Dominic Cooper Howard Stark. John Slattery is still the best though.

Would have been fun to see a aged-up Dominic Cooper too.

But John Slattery was really the best. I’m gonna cry even more when rewatching IM2 now. 

• Sad 1

I'm pretty sure James D'arcy is the first actor to appear in the films from the tv shows as the same character. Makes sense though since Markus and McFeely were pretty involved with the Agent Carter tv show.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

The appearance of Korg was the most emotionally effective part of the film for me.

bet thor and korg were fucking furious when fortnite added that thanos skin last year.

• Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Thor is with the Guardians. We know that the Celestials are part of the Guardians MCU franchise. The Eternals are coming.

This is an opportunity to reenact an epic scene from the Thor comic. 

First if all, its gotta be the RIGHT Celestials. The cameo flashback in the original Guardians, of a giant slamming a scepter to the ground and wiping out a civilization IS a Celestial 🙂.

Kurt Russell's character in Guardians 2, is NOT a Celestial, he was just called one...He was merely an actor avatar for Ego The Living Planet.

The Celestials are a race of mysterious giant, god-like, SILENT armored powerful beings. Theres the leader, and a dozen or so underlings that each have some specialty. Calculator, Tester...

They go to planets and pass judgement on the inhabitants. They go about their business peacefully, unless you pose a  threat to them 😂

Theres a classic comic in which, in a herculean feat, Thor, hurls a gigantic sword into the chest of the Celestial leader! The battle also included a giant version of The Destroyer. 

Heres hoping this is where they're headed!

Edited by OdinSon2k14

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I’m about to watch Endgame again but I think the post credit scene in CM makes more sense now. CM goes to Earth first and this is the post credit scene. They tell her about Tony and the others and then she goes and locates them. 

How else would she know about him?

(This may have been mentioned. I only recall a post that thought it didn’t make sense.)

Yeah, I think it is as simple as Captain Marvel comes down, Rocket has a tracker on his ship and says "Hey do you wanna go up and get that". Then she also happens to find Tony and Nebula in that ship. I think they figured that they needed the ship to get to Thanos, and Captain Marvel coming because of the pager meant that they could get the ship.

Edited by Skwunk
  • Like 2