Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

7 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Hard disagree here

Didn't land at all for me. 

Thor 2 is the only one I haven't seen and don't think I ever have to after this.

• Haha 1

So I can’t handle Steve’s wardrobe. In one scene he looks like he’s a thirst trap for grindr and then in the very next scene he is a polo flannel clad Young Republican honey trap. I was like STEVEN. STEEEEVEN why are doing this to me?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

Didn't land at all for me. 

Thor 2 is the only one I haven't seen and don't think I ever have to after this.

:ohmygod:

the thing is 1) dominic cooper sucks he doesn't deserve this he deserves that preacher show nobody watches. 2) john slattery plays howard stark in the marvel movies that RDJ is actually in so there's more emotional connection there. plus he is a good actor. he does good acting, unlike dominic cooper, who does bad acting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, baumer said:

I would highly highly recommend a second viewing for everyone.  There's just so much to take in.  

Things I loved:

Peter and Tony hugging.

Hulk serving Ant Man tacos.

Rhodes telling Nebula to be careful in the Temple of (whatever infinity stone it was) because this is usually where spikes and skeleton heads show up....great reference to Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The All female attack force during the final battle.

Every major MCU character (or almost every one) showing up at the funeral.

Cap being able to wield the hammer

Everything Rocket said.  Seriously, he was one of the best parts of the movie.

I love you 3000

Frank grillo showing up

Robert Redford as well

Hail Hyrda...one of the biggest cheers in the movie

All of the portals opening up and everyone getting their cool entrance

Tony saying, Yea, and I'M IRON MAN....just before he does the snap.  Also a huge reaction from the audience

[I don't wanna clutter the screen, follow link]

I think I agree with pretty much everything you said here.

7 minutes ago, Sam said:

Would have been fun to see a aged-up Dominic Cooper too.

But John Slattery was really the best. I’m gonna cry even more when rewatching IM2 now. 

John Slattery is the definitive Howard Stark for me, but...I feel bad for Dominic Cooper. At least he got Mamma Mia 2.

Still feel sad when Howard recognizes his killer :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Petition to have Justin Hammer be a Phase 4 villain

• Thanks 1

Just now, Daxtreme said:

Should have appeared with the Ex-Wife coming out of one of those portals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

John Slattery is the definitive Howard Stark for me, but...I feel bad for Dominic Cooper. At least he got Mamma Mia 2.

Still feel sad when Howard recognizes his killer :(

One of the reasons why I can’t rewatch Civil War much when doing MCU marathon. That whole sequence starting the double murders were just too much. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The amount of fan service in this film is off the charts. Thankfully most of it worked.

The running time certainly needs to be trimmed, possibly 30 minutes worth of fat to cut - just not Thor's fat. It's certainly a better film than the mediocre and repetitive Infinity War. I need to get my hands on a screen grab of that shot with Peter and the ladies during the final battle, as those few seconds comprised my favorite moment in the movie.

Also, what was with all of the CGI during the memorial service scene by the lake? It looked like many of the characters were digitally inserted and distorted to a degree. Did anyone else notice this or was there some sort of projection screw-up at my screening?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

i see that he's in line directly behind Tim Blake Nelson. there's a part in this movie after tony stark turned them down to make the time machine they say something like "we need a big brain for this"  and i thought "FUCKING FINALLY" for just a second.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I'm pretty sure James D'arcy is the first actor to appear in the films from the tv shows as the same character. Makes sense though since Markus and McFeely were pretty involved with the Agent Carter tv show.

The created the show and wrote the first two episodes.  Joe Russo (or maybe it's Anthony) directed the first episode and Feige actually did some editing on it.

The quality shows - it's the best single season of MCU TV - yeah I said it - even better than DD #1

• Like 1

Justin Hammer's actually rumored (From a very credible source) to be in a Thunderbolts movie as well as Blake Nelson's Leader. :ph34r:

• ...wtf 1

3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I’ll sign it.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Justin Hammer's actually rumored (From a very credible source) to be in a Thunderbolts movie as well as Blake Nelson's Leader. :ph34r:

... I'll take it! :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Sign me the fuck up

• Thanks 1

After looking them up, the Thunderbolts are basically Marvel’s Suicide Squad ? COOL

1 minute ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

After looking them up, the Thunderbolts are basically Marvel’s Suicide Squad ? COOL

A Suicide Squad? With Thadeus Thunderbolt Ross?

Justin HAS to bring in the Ex-Wife. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

Yeah the Thunderbolts conceptually are awesome and if the team roster the person who leaked that is accurate I'm very excited.