Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

tumblr_mzwq1xZm7p1sw5c94o1_500.gif

me when i can't play in the historic numbers thread

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3
  • Disbelief 2

13 hours ago, Inuyaki said:

I watch tons of movies...

If you think a CBM cannot be the best movie because it is a CBM, I am really sorry for your narrowmindedness :(

In general I think I have a pretty high range of my favorite movies, there is stuff like Se7en and Memento, but also A Beautiful Mind, Good Will Huntin and The Green Mile, to Shawshank Redemption and LOTR3 and Jurassic Park (favorite movie over my whole childhood), to BatB (the original from 1991), Your Name and ITSV and also TDK / IW

Well, not so many horror or action, it seems...

I may have missed a film there and some come close (like Psycho, Silence of the Lambs, Million Dollar Baby, Groundhog Day, BttF)

No, I think calling a movie that’s been  hyped up and came out today the “Best” movie of all time is incredibly premature.

You can have your own list of favorites that’s fine, that’s different than best.  I can say with really high confidence that nobody who knows two shits about film would say any MCU movie is the best of all time (especially one that came out today and is riding on hype).

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

RTH and Charlie can be Thor and Rocket sneaking past

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I loved how they seemed to get everybody back for this. Tilda Swinton. Rene Russo. Robert Redford (lol if this is what he was referring to when he said he had one more film left in him after The Old Man & the Gun was supposed to be his last before retiring). Even Ty Simpkins (the kid from Iron Man 3) towards the end at Tony's funeral!

Tony's death completely got me by the way. I never expected to feel that level of emotion at one of these movies. Kudos to RDJ and everybody else for getting me so invested in these characters over the last 11 years.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 3

Back from my second viewing, this time in Imax 3D instead of AMC Prime 2D (first time, shitty, Dolby Cinema 3000 times better). Worth the 3D in my opinion. They have gotten really good with the conversions.

Definitely cried a lot more this time as I was able to take it in more. Better too. Can't wait for a third viewing.

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Set aside the pink. Become who you were born to be.

Mr White

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

I think on rewatch I'm gonna really appreciate the Camp Lehigh scenes much more with Steve, Tony and Howard Stark. Especially knowing how much closure it gives Tony before his death and how Steve eventually does get to meet Peggy again. 

Also the actor for Jarvis is the same Jarvis from Agent Carter so that makes the first marvel tv character into the movies and no Coulson doesn't count cuz he started movies first

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

So when Cap went back...

He had to.... inject the Aether back into Jane?  :wtf:

I was just thinking of this. I think this is a plot hole. How did they return the stones to their original state.

13 minutes ago, MrPink said:

YOU BROUGHT IT ALL BY YOURSELF!!!

I trusted you :whosad:

1 minute ago, Sam said:

YOU BROUGHT IT ALL BY YOURSELF!!!

I trusted you :whosad:

No, CJohn the snek ratted me out

• Disbelief 1

23 minutes ago, Ithil said:

My only two regrets for character reunions were:

We didn't get to see the confrontation of Cap with Red Skull

and

Bucky didn't interact with Tony. Now Tony's dead so that will always be unresolved.

What If series on Disney+

Posted (edited)

I definitely need to rewatch because there was so much to process. But for now I'll just say while the third act was as amazing as everyone said, it's the little character moments in the first two that make this movie really hit home for me (especially the Thor and Frigga scene)

Edited by Menor

Posted (edited)

Does Thanos hang dong in this?

If not then it's gonna be a pass for me.

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun

Tony's daughter was so fucking adorable. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

TOMATOMETER

96%

All Critics | Top Critics

Average Rating: 8.29/10 
Reviews Count: 367 
Fresh: 353
Rotten: 14

94%

All Critics | Top Critics

Average Rating: 7.74/10 
Reviews Count: 49
Fresh: 46
Rotten: 3

Thanks to ArmondWhite it will need 33 freshes in a row with no rottens to hit 97% again 😛

Great holding of %s and avgs

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mulder said:

I guess he just hands it back to Red Skull. Boy was that awkward

*Cap climbs up mountain on Vormir* *Sees floating figure coming into view*

"You gotta be shitting me."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I was just thinking of this. I think this is a plot hole. How did they return the stones to their original state.

I don't think injecting the Aether back into Jane is that much of a problem. And it's possible the original shells for the Space (Tesseract), Power (Orb) and Mind (Scepter) Stones where shrunk down and in the case.

The real problem is the Soul Stone because even without time travel, how the hell do you return the Soul Stone to Vormir considering how it was obtained?

Edited by Jay Beezy

38 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

No, I think calling a movie that’s been  hyped up and came out today the “Best” movie of all time is incredibly premature.

You can have your own list of favorites that’s fine, that’s different than best.  I can say with really high confidence that nobody who knows two shits about film would say any MCU movie is the best of all time (especially one that came out today and is riding on hype).

Jesus, stop being an ass and let people have their opinions and enjoy their movies.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frozen said:

Are the Thunderbolts really happening? I think some of this stuff gets dropped now that they have the Fox properties. 

And is Hawkeye leading the team like he did for a significant run of the original Thunderbolts series?  Seems like a perfect vehicle to give Renner a leading role.