Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I just realized something.

The reason why the universe doesn't collapse on itself when Cap decides to stay behind is because he was always meant to go back. Peggy never named her husband in Winter Soldier.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

*Cap climbs up mountain on Vormir* *Sees floating figure coming into view*

"You gotta be shitting me."

Here's your Soul Stone back

*pelts it into Red Skull's head*

4 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

And is Hawkeye leading the team like he did for a significant run of the original Thunderbolts series?  Seems like a perfect vehicle to give Renner a leading role.

According to the very credible leak he's not in it but I'd love that honestly.

It is a bummer that we don't get any interactions between Banner and Ross or Cap and Red Skull.

It good

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Tony's daughter was so fucking adorable. 

I love you 3,000

:sadno:

So is Hems actually going to be in Guardians 3? Do we know? I assume NewGamora is

2 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

It's two different time lines.  As soon as Steve stays in the past he creates another timeline, so he exists in both.  One under the ice waiting to be found and the other living his life with Peggy (defeating Zola & HYDRA before infiltrate and take over Shield, finding Bucky, finishing art school and becoming a renowned artist, making sure Howard doesn't fuck up Tony's childhood, rescuing and maybe adopting Nat before she gets recruited into the Red Room - you know let the new timeline Fan Fiction flourish :D )

Not sure if this has been explained, but this has been addressed already.

Both Steve Rogers have *always* existed throughout the Marvel Cinematic Universe timeline that we watched.

The Russo Brothers hinted this in their first MCU film "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," and then confirmed it when Old Man Steve appeared in 2023. 

6 minutes ago, Sam said:

Jesus, stop being an ass and let people have their opinions and enjoy their movies.

If you respond to somebody calling them narrow minded because they were asking you a legitimate question, you’ve opened yourself up to critique.

(and yes, I realize I opened myself up to critique, but whatever I’m fine with that).

16 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

*Cap climbs up mountain on Vormir* *Sees floating figure coming into view*

"You gotta be shitting me."

I imagine Redskull just casually going through the motion with his usual opening speech

”Welcome Steven, son of... A BITCH!”

• Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, I Am said:

Not sure if this has been explained, but this has been addressed already.

Both Steve Rogers have *always* existed throughout the Marvel Cinematic Universe timeline that we watched.

The Russo Brothers hinted this in their first MCU film "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," and then confirmed it when Old Man Steve appeared in 2023. 

No way Steve could have existed all that time as Peggy's husband but Sharon doesn't recognize him as Great Uncle Steve in a younger form then kisses him post Aunt Peggy's funeral.  Otherwise....ewwww

49 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

No, I think calling a movie that’s been  hyped up and came out today the “Best” movie of all time is incredibly premature.

You can have your own list of favorites that’s fine, that’s different than best.  I can say with really high confidence that nobody who knows two shits about film would say any MCU movie is the best of all time (especially one that came out today and is riding on hype).

Why the hell would you even care if someone called it best movie they have seen. What is even the point. Just yesterday I saw That One Guy and Vieweranon giving grief to people who called it their favourite movie ever. Let people call it whatever the fuck they want freely, how does it even affect you people?

And arent movies, like all art, subjective?

I mean one of the most expensive, well known and well admired painting is the No 5 1948 by Pollock. To me it looks like an outcome you get by giving a bunch of toddlers paint brushes but to many out there it could be their favourite painting, or the best painting. 

If a person says this or that is the best film according to them, they they are saying on basis of how much they enjoyed it, how much it impacted them. They are not sitting there doing technical analyses on cinematography and whatnot and then going this is technically the best movie. Even things like these technical things are subjective. It reeks of pretentiousness to say oh it cannot be the best movie because its technical or storytelling aspects were not good. Almost no one amongst the GA gives 2 shits about that. 

It is absurd and unnecessary and condescending  IMO to go around telling people how wrong their opinion on a subjective thing is but mine is right. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

No way Steve could have existed all that time as Peggy's husband but Sharon doesn't recognize him as Great Uncle Steve in a younger form then kisses him post Aunt Peggy's funeral.  Otherwise....ewwww

Sharon never existed and Steve hallucinated her

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

If you respond to somebody calling them narrow minded because they were asking you a legitimate question, you’ve opened yourself up to critique.

(and yes, I realize I opened myself up to critique, but whatever I’m fine with that).

List your top 10 films and I'll tell you if cineastes would laugh their heads off at your lack of taste and knowledge.  Never mind.  I won't be that obnoxious

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Kind of odd End Game only has 8k fan reviews on RT on opening day when Captain Marvel already had 40k

Hmm wonder why

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Why the hell would you even care if someone called it best movie they have seen. What is even the point. Just yesterday I saw That One Guy and Vieweranon giving grief to people who called it their favourite movie ever. Let people call it whatever the fuck they want freely, how does it even affect you people?

And arent movies, like all art, subjective?

I mean one of the most expensive, well known and well admired painting is the No 5 1948 by Pollock. To me it looks like an outcome you get by giving a bunch of toddlers paint brushes but to many out there it could be their favourite painting, or the best painting. 

If a person says this or that is the best film according to them, they they are saying on basis of how much they enjoyed it, how much it impacted them. They are not sitting there doing technical analyses on cinematography and whatnot and then going this is technically the best movie. Even things like these technical things are subjective. It reeks of pretentiousness to say oh it cannot be the best movie because its technical or storytelling aspects were not good. Almost no one amongst the GA gives 2 shits about that. 

It is absurd and unnecessary and condescending  IMO to go around telling people how wrong their opinion on a subjective thing is but mine is right. 

I don’t really care, I questioned what seemed like an overreacted premature opinion.

The forums is mostly overreaction right now, of course it’s going to drive the people who aren’t on the MCU train to be more jaded and skeptical about the overhype.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Kind of odd End Game only has 8k fan reviews on RT on opening day when Captain Marvel already had 40k

CM had more than that. Before that it had tens of thousands of review deleted, twice.

Have we gone through the “how did Thanos time travel” yet?