Jump to content
Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

Recommended Posts

Just now, #ED said:

Have we gone through the “how did Thanos time travel” yet?

Yes. :hahaha:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, #ED said:

Have we gone through the “how did Thanos time travel” yet?

Eh Thanos could have taken years to acquire more Pym Particles 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, #ED said:

Have we gone through the “how did Thanos time travel” yet?

Earlier crazy daddy pleaser Nebula used the Pym/Tony tech the Avengers used to bring him forward.

 

Edited by TalismanRing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw I haven't looked, are there thinkpieces about the Thor fatsuit? I assume there are

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

If you respond to somebody calling them narrow minded because they were asking you a legitimate question, you’ve opened yourself up to critique.

 

(and yes, I realize I opened myself up to critique, but whatever I’m fine with that).

Don’t be purposefully obtuse. You didn’t ask no genuine question. You already start the conversation by reducing his/her opinion to nothing by mocking with the “funnybook movie” insult. 

 

Like I said, don’t be an ass.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned already, but I just realized something.

 

The reason why the universe doesn't collapse on itself when Cap decides to stay behind is because he was always meant to go back. Peggy never named her husband in Winter Soldier.

More details here if you're interested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

 

Sharon never existed and Steve hallucinated her

So Bucky and Sam watched Steve make out with thin air? Hot.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

CM had more than that. Before that it had tens of thousands of review deleted, twice.

RT said that was bug , that were wrongly counting the Want To See votes , if you believe them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

List your top 10 films and I'll tell you if cineastes would laugh their heads off at your lack of taste and knowledge.  Never mind.  I won't be that obnoxious

 

 

 

10 Favorites (not sure if I’d feel comfortable saying they’re the Best definitively or anything)

 

Before Sunrise

Casablanca

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The Grapes of Wrath

Lawrence of Arabia

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Once Upon a Time in the West

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Schindler’s List

The Wizard of Oz

 

Come at me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sam said:

Don’t be purposefully obtuse. You didn’t ask no genuine question. You already start the conversation by reducing his/her opinion to nothing by mocking with the “funnybook movie” insult. 

 

Like I said, don’t be an ass.

 

how can he not be when he already is

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ryan Reynolds said:

RT said that was bug , that were wrongly counting the Want To See votes , if you believe them

They ALWAYS counted the WTS votes and rolled them into the Audience rating before.  It wasn't a bug it was a feature.

 

Then after it opened they purged a bunch again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

I don’t really care, I questioned what seemed like an overreacted premature opinion.

 

The forums is mostly overreaction right now, of course it’s going to drive the people who aren’t on the MCU train to be more jaded and skeptical about the overhype.

Seeing your many responses and your reactions it seems like you do care. You know recently someone posted Joker is one of the most hyped movie ever. If I wanted I could have responded, with actual data, none of this subjective nonsense, on how thats nowhere close to being a truth. But I didnt care and moved on. What you are doing is different. 

 

And last I checked this is a BOX OFFICE forum. A movie is obliterating box office records. So yeah people are going to over react. What do you want them to do? Solemnly discuss how lightning in that one scene was wacky? There are forums and sub reddits out there dedicated to discussing these things filled with people who sneer at others opinion. This forum aint it. So if it is too much that people are celebrating box office achievement on a box office forumand if u find that annoying then perhaps take a break for a few days. Let the hype die down. Come back for Pika

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

 

10 Favorites (not sure if I’d feel comfortable saying they’re the Best definitively or anything)

 

Before Sunrise

Casablanca

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The Grapes of Wrath

Lawrence of Arabia

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Once Upon a Time in the West

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Schindler’s List

The Wizard of Oz

 

Come at me

 

Looks like 10 films off of a random IMDB list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, will Marvel release more than 3 years per year? Now that X-Men and Fantastic Four and Deadpool are part of it, it's gonna be tough.

 

Perhaps they'll want to clean the current rooster. 

 

GOTG 3 is the end of the trilogy

Dr Stange will get a sequel and possibly a third movie, to conclude a trilogy

Captain Marvel also should get a sequel and a third movie to conclude a trilogy

Black Widow movie that is a prequel 

Black Panther will get a sequel and a third movie, to conclude a trilogy

Eternals

Shang-Chi

 

So, that alone gives 10 future MCU movies and we still haven't even got X-Men yet. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

No way Steve could have existed all that time as Peggy's husband but Sharon doesn't recognize him as Great Uncle Steve in a younger form then kisses him post Aunt Peggy's funeral.  Otherwise....ewwww

This has already been covered. Sharon is only her mid-to-late twenties, so it's not like she's been around Peggy and her husband for forever. Two, she's never said she's met Peggy's husband. Third, her most famous line about her aunt is, "She kept so many secrets." And fourth, he's not blood-related to Sharon, so what's the problem?

 

Both Steves have been around the entire time.

Edited by I Am

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZeeSoh said:

Seeing your many responses and your reactions it seems like you do care. You know recently someone posted Joker is one of the most hyped movie ever. If I wanted I could have responded, with actual data, none of this subjective nonsense, on how thats nowhere close to being a truth. But I didnt care and moved on. What you are doing is different. 

 

And last I checked this is a BOX OFFICE forum. A movie is obliterating box office records. So yeah people are going to over react. What do you want them to do? Solemnly discuss how lightning in that one scene was wacky? There are forums and aub reddits out there dedicated to discussing these things filled with people who think who sneer at others opinion. This forum aint it. So if it is too much that people are celebrating box office achievement on a box office forumand if u find that annoying then perhaps take a break for a few days. Let the hype die down. Come back for Pika

It’s also a forum to discuss movies.  I fail to see how me and other users being voiced on the counter end of the spectrum is so bad?

 

There’s nothing we’ve been doing here that isn’t par of course of how discourse has worked on these forums in the past.  People have always challenged others when they make bold claims like “BEST MOVIE EVER”

 

And people have also moved on.

 

Im not trying to claim any moral high ground, but this forum isn’t an echo chamber.  I haven’t told anyone to conform to my opinion, but I’m allowed to offer dissent and everyone else is free to ignore my dissent and cheer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, I Am said:

This has already been covered. Sharon is only her mid-to-late twenties, so it's not like she's been around Peggy and her husband for forever. Two, she's never said she's met Peggy's husband. Third, her most famous line about her aunt is, "She kept so many secrets." And fourth, he's not blood-related to Sharon, so what's the problem?

 

Both Steves have been around the entire time.

Why would she have not met Peggy's husband when she indicates in CW that she was rather close to her great aunt who just died in 2016 - which is 7 years earlier than we see him at the end of CW.

 

And it's impossible to believe that Steve with his knowledge allowed Zola and HYDRA to infiltrate SHIELD, keep Bucky a tortured brain washed murderer for 70 years and allowed him to murder Howard and Maria.  I don't care if he thought he'd be screwing up history - it's not in his nature to stand back and do nothing.

 

 

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

 

Looks like 10 films off of a random IMDB list. 

It’s almost like those random IMDb lists are people’s opinions and you could find one with nearly any movie you wanted on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.