Neo

Avengers Endgame | Conclusion to The Infinity Saga | April 26, 2019 | Review Reactions on page 540 | Endgame Spoilers Allowed

9 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, will Marvel release more than 3 years per year? Now that X-Men and Fantastic Four and Deadpool are part of it, it's gonna be tough.

Perhaps they'll want to clean the current rooster. 

GOTG 3 is the end of the trilogy

Dr Stange will get a sequel and possibly a third movie, to conclude a trilogy

Captain Marvel also should get a sequel and a third movie to conclude a trilogy

Black Widow movie that is a prequel 

Black Panther will get a sequel and a third movie, to conclude a trilogy

Eternals

Shang-Chi

So, that alone gives 10 future MCU movies and we still haven't even got X-Men yet. 

I think three is doable, four would be difficult without cannibalising themselves

I accept @Chewy‘s reality about Sharon whatsherface

Everyone else’s can go home.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Why would she have not met Peggy's husband when she indicates in CW that she was rather close to her great aunt who just died in 2016 - which is 7 years earlier than we see him at the end of CW.

And it's impossible to believe that Steve with his knowledge allowed Zola and HYDRA to infiltrate SHIELD, keep Bucky a tortured brain washed murderer for 70 years and allowed him to murder Howard and Maria.  I don't care if he thought he'd be screwing up history - it's not in his nature to stand back and do nothing.

Only plot point I'm nervous about Russo Brothers and Markus and McFeely clarifying which I'm sure they will soon. It better be him in an alternative timeline.

Killing 2014 Thanos undoes Infinity War, right....?

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Why would she have not met Peggy's husband when she indicates in CW that she was rather close to her great aunt who just died in 2016 - which is 7 years earlier than we see him at the end of CW.

And it's impossible to believe that Steve with his knowledge allowed Zola and HYDRA to infiltrate SHIELD, keep Bucky a tortured brain washed murderer for 70 years and allowed him to murder Howard and Maria.  I don't care if he thought he'd be screwing up history - it's not in his nature to stand back and do nothing.

Sharon was close with Peggy yet she still said Peggy had lots of secrets.

1 minute ago, excel1 said:

No, it creates an alternate universe/timeline without Thanos and no snap ever occurring. So, that's one reality. However, the reality we are on is the same universe that has existed since 2008 Iron Man. EG likely has created several alternate realities.

Posted (edited)

I think the filmmakers would ultimately conclude Steve and Sharon kissing in Civil War was a mistake. Hayley Atwell thought so when Civil War came out.

Edited by Jay Beezy

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Nope. Not how time travel in MCU works, it's not Back to the Future.

Posted (edited)

It’s very clear that quantum time travel is multi-dimensional but one significant change in one affects the others. Hence the need to return the Stones, but the appearance of old Steve at the end.

Edited by Jay Beezy

2 minutes ago, Jay Beezy said:

I think the filmmakers would ultimately conclude Steve and Sharon kissing in Civil War was a mistake. Hayley Atwell thought so when Civil War came out.

Sharon in her entirety was a mistake. We've known from the beginning

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Peggy's home contains exactly zero pictures of her husband. Being close to someone doesn't mean that you hang out in their bedroom with their spouse.

I think you missed that element of Steve's growth. Two, he knows he's not allowed to interfere. That would be what is selfish and outside his character to do.

9 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

No, it creates an alternate universe/timeline without Thanos and no snap ever occurring. So, that's one reality. However, the reality we are on is the same universe that has existed since 2008 Iron Man. EG likely has created several alternate realities.

7 minutes ago, Ithil said:

Nope. Not how time travel in MCU works, it's not Back to the Future.

so when 2015 arrives and theres no thanos...?

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Well.... in that timeline. In this main timeline it still happened, it's just that everyone got un-snapped. Things to note about the other 3 timelines,

In Cap/Tony/Hulk/AM's timeline

1.  Hydra thinks Cap is with them, 
  2. I don't quite remember when the nuke happened but i think it was after that scene
  3. Alt!Cap 'knows' Loki has the scepte

In BW/War Machine/Hawkguy/Nebulas timeline

1. Thanos is dead.
  2. Lots of shit going from that

In Rocket/Thor's timeline

1. I've got no idea what happens in Thor:TDW so I'm not sure what not having the Aether changes.

5 minutes ago, excel1 said:

so when 2015 arrives and theres no thanos...?

In their timeline, 2015 already happened, there was a Thanos in it.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

It’s also a forum to discuss movies.  I fail to see how me and other users being voiced on the counter end of the spectrum is so bad?

There’s nothing we’ve been doing here that isn’t par of course of how discourse has worked on these forums in the past.  People have always challenged others when they make bold claims like “BEST MOVIE EVER”

And people have also moved on.

Im not trying to claim any moral high ground, but this forum isn’t an echo chamber.  I haven’t told anyone to conform to my opinion, but I’m allowed to offer dissent and everyone else is free to ignore my dissent and cheer.

You’re jumping all over the place now. I never said that you or others cannot discuss movies, that you cannot hold the opinion that a certain movie sucks. That is not bad and no one is saying that it is. 

What is bad and wrong is mocking and condescending to other people on how wrong their opinion on a subjective thing is. 

So go ahead provide the counter end of the spectrum. And if anyone gives you grief over your opinion then that person is wrong. You just dont realize that you are that person. 

24 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

It’s almost like those random IMDb lists are people’s opinions and you could find one with nearly any movie you wanted on it.

Oh so now people’s opinions are valid because they conform to your own. But peoples opinions turn to shit when they are opposite yours right?

I am done with this convo. I am not the kind of person to look down on others opinions and enjoyment of things or to get annoyed by peoples excitement. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, I Am said:

Peggy's home contains exactly zero pictures of her husband. Being close to someone doesn't mean that you hang out in their bedroom with their spouse.

I think you missed that element of Steve's growth. Two, he knows he's not allowed to interfere. That would be what is selfish and outside his character to do.

No it would selfish to go back and find his own happiness as those he loved and cared about suffered and died

Regardless, they already interfered in 2012 when Loki got the Tesserect and escaped with it and when 2012 Steve saw 2023 Steve who told him Bucky was alive.

If Loki was never imprisoned Frigga might not have died (remember when he gave directions to the palace quarters to the enemy?) .  Regardless he'd have brought it back to Thanos or escaped with to do something else and wouldn't have been there for TDW.  Wouldn't have taken over the throne.  Wouldn't have sent Odin away and Hela wouldn't have been released and Ragnaork wouldn't have happened and so on and so on.

When Bruce was explaining time travel he said changing the past can't change the future b/c it would just create a different time line.  That's what happened when Steve went back.   He created a different timeline.   It's not like Back To The Future.

The Ancient One was concerned with her timeline if Bruce didn't return the time stone - that they wouldn't have it to defeat WhatsHisFace - she already considered her timeline in 2012 different from theirs in 2023 b/c it's been changed by them

Thanos going forward in time from 2014 to 2023 and dying there doesn't mean he didn't come in 2018 and murder half the universe otherwise as soon as he died everything would be as if he never lived past 2014.  But he did. 

Different timelines

Edited by TalismanRing

Sharon Carter's been done well in the comics but the thing is MCU Peggy basically absorbed Comic Sharon so MCU Sharon just always remained a weird plot tumor that didn't amount to much at all.

there is only one timeline in reality just as there is only one thanks. and he's dead come 2015...

38 minutes ago, Skwunk said:

If people are talking about favourite films, I have been keeping a list on letterboxd of my favourite films, and having seen the film about 3 days ago now, I've got it at #14.

https://letterboxd.com/skwunk/list/my-favourite-films/

Great list! Has a little of everything, I think the best movie of all time, is the one you like the most

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

there is only one timeline in reality just as there is only one thanks. and he's dead come 2015...

That's literally not how Endgame time travel works.